Princess Cabin Reviews – NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

srice

Ship Caribbean Princess

Class

Deck Dolphin

Stateroom # D202

Category Mini-suite

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern Port forward

Connects With Cabin # N/A

Accessible No

Quiet Very Quiet

Balcony Size Standard

View Unobstructed

Privacy Issues Uncovered balcony, people above and in the bridge can see onto the balcony but that didn't bother us at all.

Wind Nothing more than any other cabins (except aft facing) when ship is moving at higher range speeds.

Soot None

Problems None except cosmetic issue - Balcony flooring has large rust stain which happened during our cruise when maintenance replaced the partition between this cabin and the one next door. Steward tried unsuccessfully to clean.

Comments Very nice cabin, though being so far forward, it's a long walk to the Lido buffet and Skywalkers. It is, however, convenient to the theater and two of the restaurants. Comfortable mattress, must be newer.

Edited by Kartgv

Ship RubyPrincess

Class

Deck Emerald (8)

Stateroom # E-720

Category Mini Suite

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern Portside Bow

Connects With Cabin # E-722

Quiet - Didn't hear much from the neighbors or the hallway. No noise whatsoever from Club Fusion.

Balcony Size Good Size had a small table and 2 chairs with ottomans. Fully Covered balcony, there was still a good amount of light coming in.

View Great views from the balcony, saw our cabin from dock, easy to pick out because it was the first one.

Privacy Issues - Could see the neighbors if you are standing on the balcony and looking down. Not a big issue though.

Wind - Alaska cruise, so it got windy.

Soot None

Problems No major problems, the tub didn't drain well and it was fixed as soon as we told the room steward. Noticed someone mention urine smell on another ship in a different cabin and there was something similar, but it was faint.

Comments Excellent cabin, would definitely recommend and would stay in it again. The cabin itself was good size for 4 people. You could still access the balcony when the pullout and pulldown were open. It was a little harder, but still accessible.

Edited by shadow8899

• 3 weeks later...

Please post in your chart:

Ship: Caribbean Princess

Class

Deck: Rivera (deck 14)

Cabin #R 709

Category: Balcony

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern: Starboard (right), Stern

Connects With Cabin #none

Accessible no

Quiet mostly; there was some vibration when pulling into port, but we were awake by then and it did not bother us.

Balcony Size: standard

View: very good

Privacy Issues: none

Wind: none

Soot: none

Problems: none

Comments: It was a long walk to the back of the ship, but we did not mind. It helped work off our calories. We enjoyed the fact that it was only one flight up to buffet (take stairs). Had the weather been warm, it was only one-half flight to aft pool.

cruised Oct. 2016, Canada/New England

Ship, Class, Deck, Stateroom, and Category – Regal Princess, Deck 10 (Caribe), C303, Balcony (BB)

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern – Starboard

Connects With Cabin # – NA

Accessible – (Yes or No) Yes. Room was set up for twin beds. Two night stands. Small chair (no couch) that blocked one of the night stands. Very cramped. Large, full size scooter would be very tight.

Quiet – (Yes or No) Mostly yes. Right next to the elevators and the last two days we kept hearing banging coming from the elevators.

Balcony Size – (None/Oversized/Undersized/Normal) Typical small balcony with two chairs and one small table. Could not get a wheelchair on the balcony but there is a ramp from the room to the balcony.

View – (Normal, None, Obstructed) Normal

Privacy Issues – No issues

Wind - (Yes or No) No Issues

Soot - (Yes or No) No issues

Problems – None

Comments – Shocked at the lack of outlets. Two single outlets at the desk. I had brought an extension cord. Since this is an accessible cabin, I would have expected additional outlets for charging. No outlets by the bed. Also surprised that Regal was not outfitted with automatic doors on their accessible cabins.

Ship : Island Princess

Class: Panamax

Deck: Caribe

Cabin #: 202

Category: MY - Window Mini Suite

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern: Port/ All the way Forward

Connects With Cabin #: N/A

Accessible: No

Quiet: Yes

Balcony Size: N/A

View: Unobstructed

Privacy Issues: None

Wind: N/A

Soot: No

Problems: None

Comments: Although this cabin is all the way forward we experienced no issues with motion. This cabin is a "window mini-suite". It is as large as a mini-suite with balcony but the square footage of the balcony is included in the cabin and there is a window. There is door to a forward viewing deck just steps away from the cabin door. There is no furniture on the viewing deck but it is a great spot to use as your "balcony" if you want to step outside for fresh air or for a view not accessible from your window. We absolutely loved the cabin and the location. LOTS of room in this cabin.

Edited by Thrak

Ship Golden Princess

Class Grand

Deck Baja deck 11

Stateroom #B214

Category BE

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern Port

Connects With Cabin # N/A

Accessible Not wheelchair accessible

Quiet Very quiet

Balcony Size 214 sq. ft. (inc.46 sq,ft. balcony)

View 4th cabin from stern - excellent view

Privacy Issues none

Wind none

Soot none

Problems none

Comments

We were pleasantly surprised at the much larger hanging space for clothes and the apparent king-size bed. It's great being close to a back public balcony. There is nothing like lying on a deck chair, gazing at the ship's wake in the ocean and watching the horizon cascade up and down with the movement of the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship, Class, Deck, Stateroom, and Category – Ruby Princess, Deck 5 (plazza) P340 disabled inside behind art gallery

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern – port

Accessible – (Yes or No) Yes.

Room was set up for twin beds. Two night stands. 2 Small chairs (no couch) that blocked one of the night stands. Large bathroom

Quiet – (Yes or No) Mostly no. During transit, paintings in storage in the art galleries, rock and hit wall of cabin, disturbing sleep.

Balcony Size – none

View – None,

Normal Privacy Issues – Yes. Doors to international cafe closed so entertainment doesn't disturb passengers. Would have been better if they were at least opened during the day for disabled

issues Wind - (Yes or No) No Issues

Problems – None

Comments – Shocked at the lack of outlets. Two single outlets at the desk. I had brought an extension cord. Steward provided a longer one to reach across the cabin. Since this is an accessible cabin, I would have expected additional outlets for charging. No outlets by the bed.

Lots of hangers, good refrigerator, safe uses code

A cabin provided to us when we complained about noise on plaza deck) Ship, Class, Deck, Stateroom, and Category – Ruby Princess, Deck 10 Caribe C212 inside

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern – port

Accessible – (Yes or No) No.

Room was set up for one king. Two night stands. 1 Small chair (no couch) at desk. Table had to be moved to closet Regular bathroom

Quiet – (Yes or No) yes, during the day Away from crowd and front elevator. At night rhythm from theater can be heard.

Balcony Size – none

View – None,

Normal Privacy Issues – Yes.

issues Wind - (Yes or No) No Issues

Problems – None

Comments – very quiet. No movement from sea. Two single outlets at the desk. I had brought an extension cord. Steward provided a longer one to reach across the cabin. No closet doors. No outlets by the bed.

Lots of hangers, good refrigerator, safe uses code

Here is the template to use for a cabin review. Please review the definitions in Posting 1.

The data will be transcribed to a spreadsheet located at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iJDFCtotsFNUvSNFzZ3LXomW95WX7R0svO7JhGRBvpo/edit?usp=sharing,

One method of using using this template is to

• click on “Quote” at the bottom right of this page
  • at the beginning of the text highlight and delete “

• at the end of the text highlight and delete “

move the cursor to each question and enter your reply
click “Preview Post” and check your work
click “Submit Reply” when you are satisfied with your responses.

Thank you for your help.

Ship

Class

Deck

Stateroom #

Category

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern

Connects With Cabin #

Accessible

Quiet

Balcony Size

View

Privacy Issues

Wind

Soot

Problems

Comments

Royal Princess, sister ship of Regal Princess

CARIBE Deck, Balcony ACCESSIBLE Cabin

I never see any info on Accessible cabins, so for those who are interested here's some information.

The Balcony Accessible Cabins are generous in size. If you have a power wheelchair there is a spot where you can park it without moving pieces of furniture or tables and plug it in. You can even go out on your balcony in your power wheelchair because when the balcony door opens it automatically makes a little ramp to go over the threshold. There's plenty of room between the bed and the dresser for your wheelchair with room left to open drawers as well.

The bathrooms are large enough to negotiate in a wheelchair, and even while your partner is also at the sink.. there is no threshold to get in the shower. There is a pull down shower seat and a handheld. The curtain opens very wide (90°) and even turns around the corner where there is a bar to hold onto while getting in and out of your shower seat. Access to your towel is very easy from there if you hang it before you draw the curtain. There is an ADA height toilet with bars. The sink is accessible from a wheelchair with no cabinet underneath and the storage is ok (but not as ample as the handicapped accessible balcony cabin on Royal Caribbean Freedom class) On our next Cruise coming up in December I'm taking a clear "over the door" hanging shoe organizer. You cannot close the bathroom door if you hang it over the door, but you can hang it over part of the "90-degree" shower curtain rod. My husband is going to use the top half for his toiletries and I will use the bottom half. The hair dryer is located in a drawer near the seated vanity under the mirror in the cabin. I take a small makeup mirror that sits on the counter and I do my makeup and hair while seated there.

I would suggest that if you do have a Power Wheelchair or Scooter, and you also have other medical appliances such as a CPAP and a BiPAP or a Nebulizer, to bring your own power strip and extension cord(s). There's usually a rubber mat that is by the patio slider and I use that to cover the cords where they run across the floor at the foot of the bed. Be sure to unplug anything not in use, and especially when you leave the room.

Edited by Lindaonwheels

I forgot to add that the "accessible" Cabin next to ours (Caribe Deck midships) is much more narrow. LOOK at the Deck Plan and you will see this. I would suggest that you only Reserve this accessible balcony cabin if you only need the accessible bathroom. I don't see how anybody could get their wheelchair between the end of the bed and the dressers to get to the balcony side of the cabin.

I will post some pictures after our next Cruise on the Regal Princess in December.

Edited by Lindaonwheels

Royal Princess, sister ship of Regal Princess

CARIBE Deck, Balcony ACCESSIBLE Cabin

I never see any info on Accessible cabins, so for those who are interested here's some information.

The Balcony Accessible Cabins are generous in size. If you have a power wheelchair there is a spot where you can park it without moving pieces of furniture or tables and plug it in. You can even go out on your balcony in your power wheelchair because when the balcony door opens it automatically makes a little ramp to go over the threshold. There's plenty of room between the bed and the dresser for your wheelchair with room left to open drawers as well.

The bathrooms are large enough to negotiate in a wheelchair, and even while your partner is also at the sink.. there is no threshold to get in the shower. There is a pull down shower seat and a handheld. The curtain opens very wide (90°) and even turns around the corner where there is a bar to hold onto while getting in and out of your shower seat. Access to your towel is very easy from there if you hang it before you draw the curtain. There is an ADA height toilet with bars. The sink is accessible from a wheelchair with no cabinet underneath and the storage is ok (but not as ample as the handicapped accessible balcony cabin on Royal Caribbean Freedom class) On our next Cruise coming up in December I'm taking a clear "over the door" hanging shoe organizer. You cannot close the bathroom door if you hang it over the door, but you can hang it over part of the "90-degree" shower curtain rod. My husband is going to use the top half for his toiletries and I will use the bottom half. The hair dryer is located in a drawer near the seated vanity under the mirror in the cabin. I take a small makeup mirror that sits on the counter and I do my makeup and hair while seated there.

I would suggest that if you do have a Power Wheelchair or Scooter, and you also have other medical appliances such as a CPAP and a BiPAP or a Nebulizer, to bring your own power strip and extension cord(s). There's usually a rubber mat that is by the patio slider and I use that to cover the cords where they run across the floor at the foot of the bed. Be sure to unplug anything not in use, and especially when you leave the room.

I forgot to add that the "accessible" Cabin next to ours (Caribe Deck midships) is much more narrow. LOOK at the Deck Plan and you will see this. I would suggest that you only Reserve this accessible balcony cabin if you only need the accessible bathroom. I don't see how anybody could get their wheelchair between the end of the bed and the dressers to get to the balcony side of the cabin.

I will post some pictures after our next Cruise on the Regal Princess in December.

Thank you for the review but please post the cabin number.

You can filter the spreadsheet to display only accessible cabins.

Regal and Royal Princess

Balcony Accessible Cabins: Caribe C434, C435

Sorry, did not specify which Accessible Cabins on Caribe deck that I was referencing. We reserve one of these 2 cabins specifically because we know that they meet our needs. 4 cruises completed in these cabins and again B2B in December '16. ♡

I'm just getting the hang of posting here. Sorry for the omissions.

Regal and Royal Princess

Balcony Accessible Cabins: Caribe C434, C435

Sorry, did not specify which Accessible Cabins on Caribe deck that I was referencing. We reserve one of these 2 cabins specifically because we know that they meet our needs. 4 cruises completed in these cabins and again B2B in December '16. ♡

I'm just getting the hang of posting here. Sorry for the omissions.

It would be informative to comment on quietness, balcony size, view, wind, soot, and any problems you may have had with the cabin.

If you have any questions please e-mail me at PrincessCabinComp@gmail.com.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship Grand Princess

Class Grand

Deck Baja

Stateroom # B628

Category ID (inside)

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern Stern

Connects With Cabin # No

Accessible No

Quiet No

Balcony Size N/A

View N/A

Privacy Issues No

Wind No

Soot No

Problems Every night at 1:10 a.m. a very loud metallic banging and scraping could be heard, lasting a couple of minutes.

Comments Found out from the Passenger Services Manager that that cabin is directly below the room service galley. Possibly scheduled deep cleaning was going on at that time. I do NOT recommend this cabin.

Ship: Regal Princess

Class: Royal?

Deck: Marina

Stateroom # M311

Category: BC - balcony

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern: Mid-forward, starboard side I believe

Connects With Cabin # No

Accessible No

Quiet: For the most part, yes

Balcony Size: small, 4 x 9 perhaps? Just big enough to sit & have a drink or take some pics of the beautiful sunrises & sunsets.

View: unobstructed

Privacy Issues: No

Wind: No

Problems: The night of the deck party, it was noisy until around 11pm, but surprisingly quiet the rest of the time considering it was under the Trident Grill area. Occasional noise, but still nothing out of the ordinary for being on a ship.

Comments: No sofa - I've never had a balcony cabin without a sofa. There are 2 chairs to sit in, though. Plenty of closet/drawer space.

• 1 month later...

Ship: Royal Princess

Class: Royal

Deck: Emerald (deck 8)

Stateroom E420

Category: BV

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern: Midship, port side

Connects With Cabin: No

Accessible: No

Quiet: NO! Crooners is right underneath and it feels like the piano is right in the room.

Balcony Size: larger than average, angled. Plenty of room.

View: if you look down from the railing, you see the decking area on deck 7 and not water. But at the railing level and horizontally through the glass, there's an unobstructed view of the sea.

Privacy Issues: No

Wind: No

Problems: As mentioned above, it's a quiet and confortable cabin during the day, but once the piano player begins his first set for the night at Crooners.... The Front Desk staff indicated that Princess is aware of the poor soundproofing in that area of the ship. Would NEVER again stay in that cabin.

Comments: No sofa; two chairs. Plenty of closet/drawer space.

Ship Dawn Princess

Class Sun Class

Deck Baja

Stateroom # B755

Category S2

Connects With Cabin # No

Accessible

Quiet lots of internal rattles and squeaks

Balcony Size Large

View Full Stern

Privacy Issues over looked

Wind No

Soot No

Problems see comments

Comments Serious vibration 24 hours no stop, leather 3 seater lounge unable to sit up right kept slipping down because of vibrations.

Balcony really big, round table 4 chairs and 2 lounges with room to dance pity the noise from the air inlet on the side was so loud it was uncomfortable on the same side.

Disappointed that the Blue suite services book had inserts NOT ON SUN CLASS SHIPS....every other page for suite extras. The Dawn is looking worn and tired

This was the second cruise in a S2 with Princess and the last never again...

Ship: Star Princess

Deck: Emerald

Cabin: E721

Connects With Cabin: no

Accessible: no

Quiet: rattles and noise in the walls

Wind: very slight sometimes

Problems: room, bed, etc. vibrated badly when ship went very slow or really fast. Noises in the walls

Comments: I would not stay in this room again. We had to wear ear plugs. Bed vibrated so badly it could cause motion sickness, if you had this problem. Staff could not fix the noises. This room is above the thrusters.[

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the template to use for a cabin review. Please review the definitions in Posting 1.

The data will be transcribed to a spreadsheet located at [url="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iJDFCtotsFNUvSNFzZ3LXomW95WX7R0s

Ship

Island

Class

Deck

Aloha

Stateroom #

Category

S6

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern

Stern

Connects With Cabin #

No

Accessible

No

Quiet

Yes

Balcony Size

About 30-40 ft long by 6 or 7 ft wide. It was huge

View

Aft

Privacy Issues

Not covered. Deck can be seen by those in the suites above and those hanging at the very back edge of the Sanctuary. But also made it GREAT for stargazing.

Wind

Rarely any

Soot

Not a problem

Problems

The door to the closet holding the safe and one of the doors into the bathroom are very awkwardly positioned and make it difficult to get in and out of the safe.

The curtain between the bedroom and living area is only a single thickness and does not adequately block the light when closed.

The lights in the living room area are either all on or all off. You cannot turn on the desk lamps without the ceiling can lights and the wall sconces on. At night or early morning this is just too bright if one person is trying to not disturb a sleeping partner. We unscrewed the wall sconce bulbs but that was not enough. Our friends had a mid ship premium suite on dolphin deck and they did not have this problem with the lights of curtain. But the room and deck were much smaller.

The deck, while huge was narrower at the end near the sliding doors to the rooms and the lawn chairs would not fit perpendicular to the walll facing the sea there. They had to be all the way over on the side away from the sliding doors and then you had to step over one to get to the other. That means you can't move them into the shade if the only shade is near the doors, unless you placed them parallel to the wall. And we are there for those beautiful aft views.

Comments

The bed, pillows, linens and blankets were awesomely comfortable. But, pillow preference is very subjective. I like big fluffy soft pillows so these were perfect for me. If you like hard pillows bring your own. The body pillow (ask your steward) was great.

The living room area was huge, could have easily fit another armchair.

It had two desks, plenty of drawers and closet space. No sink in the bar area but we did not miss it.

Love that all the suites have a separate toilet room with its own sink.

There was the usual expected engine vibration and noise from the water under sail. It was not excessive. When the waves hit 14 ft and the winds topped 60 knots it was a bit rockier on the 12th deck than down lower. Again all things to be expected for this location.

Ship Grand

Class Grand

Deck Dolphin

Stateroom # D736

Category S6

Connects With Cabin # No

Accessible no

Quiet yes

Balcony Size Very large with table, 4 chairs, and two chaises

View The Wake

Privacy Issues None

Wind None

Soot None

Problems Sliding glass doors to balcony difficult to open

Comments Even after a recent refurbishment, the cabin still felt old and tired, with a couple of exceptions. New bed and bedding, curtains, love seat/hide-a-bed, and bathroom hardware were the only upgrades. A broken floor tile in the shower area could cause a cut on bare feet. We covered it with a bath mat. Even though some areas of the ship got new carpet, this cabin did not. Lighting needs upgrading to LED. Even with all the lights on, it seemed dark at night. There were the usual vibrations associated with an aft cabin, which didn't bother us. Except for some noisy neighbors, it is a very quiet cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship Ruby Princess

Class

Deck Lido

Stateroom # L201

Category

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern Bow Starbord side

Connects With Cabin # No

Accessible no

Very quiet cabin. I couldn't even tell we had neighbors until we saw them going or coming from their cabins

Balcony Size Medium. The furthest front balcony so it had metal as the lower partition. Did not bother me near as much as I was expecting. Very nice

View Full Starboard side and nice view into the bridge from balcony

Privacy Issues No privacy issues

Wind Moderate. No bad at cruising speed. But we did cruise into some pretty stormy weather and then it go windy.

Soot No

Problems We had absolutely no problems with our cabin. Everything worked as expected, clothes line in shower.

Comments It was our first cruise and we loved it. From reading reviews and threads here had a pretty good idea what to expect going in and there were no surprises. We loved being at the front of the ship especially when cruising at night.

The data will be transcribed to a spreadsheet located at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iJDFCtotsFNUvSNFzZ3LXomW95WX7R0svO7JhGRBvpo/edit?usp=sharing,

move the cursor to each question and enter your reply
click “Preview Post” and check your work
click “Submit Reply” when you are satisfied with your responses.

Thank you for your help.

Ship Ruby Princess

Class Carribean Class

Deck Plaza

Stateroom # P315

Category OC

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern Starboard

Connects With Cabin # P311

Accessible

Quiet No - when the ship was moving fast at night or in severe wind there was a irregular tapping noise. It was like a rope tapping on the exterior of the ship and worse in wind or faster travelling speed.

Balcony Size

View window

Privacy Issues

Wind

Soot

Problems tThis room had two upper bunks that laid down from the wall, we did not use the bunks. The bunks when closed against the wall occupied about 8 inches and made it difficult to walk up the side of of bed when the beds were configured as a Queen. The second day we had the beds converted to a twin configuration.

Comments

. This room has a connecting door and we never heard any noise from people on the other side of the door.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Island Princess

Class -

Deck - 11, Baha

Stateroom #B230

Category

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern - Starboard, Stern

Connects With Cabin #

Accessible

Quiet - very quiet

Balcony Size - fits 4 chairs and one table

View -- clear

Privacy Issues - private

Wind

Soot

Problems - cabin is in poor condition, couch needs replacing, needs new carpet, wallpaper and mattress. Just needs to be refurbished

Comments