CaptainsCircle Party

chippye

You previously told us that you wouldn't cruise on any carnival corporation brand lines.

Can you find where I said that? I stated we'd never cruise on a CARNIVAL SHIP again. Doesn't matter, I would cancel this Alaskan cruise if it wasn't already paid for.

Can you find where I said that? I stated we'd never cruise on a CARNIVAL SHIP again. Doesn't matter, I would cancel this Alaskan cruise if it wasn't already paid for.

Why yes, I can. Thank you for asking.

"I'm not willing to do that but rest assured this may be my last cruise on any Carnival owned line."

Like Nike. Just do it!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51762372&postcount=25

Unrelated to the drinks, no snacks were served on the Grand from SF to Hawaii. Big disappointment with the cut back. All that was given was a little jar of rice snacks. The party was very short with the info commercial at the end for Future Cruises. The Future Cruise spokesperson stated 3 times that you don't need to talk to her, just fill out the form and drop it in the box. So Ms. Future Cruise lady, why are you even there? After spending well over $100,000 on Princess cruises, one would think they would serve a small quiche appetizer. We're ready to try another cruise line. Princess has joined the fleet of WalMart of the Seas.

I can't understand why they ever give out snacks that have to be eaten with your hands at these events anyway. I certainly won't after shaking innumerable hands on the way in. Surprising to me since the various dining venues are quite obviously expecting you to cleanse before eating, but at these events there is no where that I could see to do that.

Princes will count all P&O cruises towards your Captains Circle level. Bring a print out or some form of proof. We started with P&O and had reached a fairly high level (do not which it was at that time) when we scheduled the World Cruise on Aurora. The cruise never left the UK and we were signed up for vacation so booked Princess from Australia to the US. We took all P&O info with us and were Elite with Princess the day after we boarded the ship in Sydney. Captain Circle Hostess was able to update our Princess level with our info.

BTW-P&O will not do the same if we try to go back. Their so many cruises in the past 3(?) years just puts us back at the bottom. We used to be near the top (Pretty good for a couple of Yanks);p

No need to take anything just go onto the Princess website and register your name and P&O club number. As they use the same website they catch your P&O cruises and give you a level on Princess, In our case Elite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Ever since we started getting invited to the most traveled passenger lunch or cocktail party I have skipped the pedestrian party.

(maybe 10 years)

I constantly read how bad the drinks are, etc. Why do people go? Just to make sure it's still bad?

Well well.....

I guess we will all have to be pedestrian. :rolleyes:

I can't understand why they ever give out snacks that have to be eaten with your hands at these events anyway. I certainly won't after shaking innumerable hands on the way in. Surprising to me since the various dining venues are quite obviously expecting you to cleanse before eating, but at these events there is no where that I could see to do that.

There were no snacks on the CB the other night either.

Not that I missed them anyway. They have gotten pretty bad in the last few years.

On Princess once you have cruised with them you are invited to the Captains circle party. It's usually in the theatre to start with for gold and ruby passengers. Invite in your cabin attend and be really bored with the presentTion and at the end receive a voucher for a drink.....approx$10. Platinum and above get nightly invites for cheap cocktails and canapés in a certain part of ship. Everyone gets drinks at the champagne waterfall

No need to take anything just go onto the Princess website and register your name and P&O club number. As they use the same website they catch your P&O cruises and give you a level on Princess, In our case Elite.

I agree with this option. Now can you explain to me why P&O does not do the same for us Yanks going that way?:o

I agree with this option. Now can you explain to me why P&O does not do the same for us Yanks going that way?:o

Well emmm errrr .... no.

They used to! On our first cruise 2011 we were told that from then PandO would cease to credit Princess

They used to! On our first cruise 2011 we were told that from then PandO would cease to credit Princess

Yes you got 5 points for each Princess cruise and 10 for a P&O one.

I am a little surprised that this has been retained by Princess but it is very welcome