Use AMEX to pay/spend $500 on Carnival and get $100 credit on your card

tlreze

I hope this isn't duplicate.....American Express has an offer - it is good until 4/14/2017 - So you get a free $100 if you add this offer to your card before making a payment

icon-travel-dark.jpg

World's Leading Cruise Lines

Spend $500 or more, get $100 back. Must add offer to your Card in order to redeem. Terms & Conditions Apply.

Added to your card - 11004

It's an offer only available to certain people......sadly, it's not on my or my wife's list of Amex offers.

I couldn't find it on my list of offers either then I did a search on carnival cruise and it came up. I had already used the NCL one....ry doing a search while signed on to her account

For branded Amex cards (Delta, Hilton, etc) where the offer doesn't show, the first post in this thread has a link to a back door that allows you to add the offer to your card: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2434072&highlight=wlcl

This did allow us to add the offer to our one branded card. Once added, the promo was applied and redeemed exactly the same as our regular Amex card. We added the offer and made a $500 payment (day 1). On day 2, the $500 charge showed as pending. On day 3 it became final and on day 4 the $100 credit was added to the account.

Yep, worked like a charm for me as well. Did this about 2 weeks ago for a cruise I had booked already. The $100 credit showed up in just a couple days. Easy money!:)

I was skeptical when I tried this back door method to get the offer, but I wanted to confirm, for the benefit of the OP that doing this exact thing worked for me as well.

I have added the offer to my AMEX everyday blue card and DH's card (same account but he has separate card with separate card number) so that I can make 2 payments (one $500 pymt with each card). Will only pay $800 for $1,000 worth of pymt to CCL.

With this instant $200 savings on our next cruise plus the $50 OBC we rec'd when we booked, the $70 price drop we rec'd 2 weeks ago and the $50 in savings for $500 worth of GC from AARP (10% off of each $100 GC).

We booked last month in January and are at $370 off of this cruise so far (DS fare was $429 so another $60 off and he is free basically for this cruise) and as we do not sail until December 2017 we will more than likely have other savings to add to this cruise.

i just my AMEX card. And with it comes 150 credit if you spend 500 within the first three months. I called them today to verify that. And also asked about the Carnival cruise offer. Or world cruise line offer... Yes it was there in my account and i added. Now my big question is, does this 100 show up as a discount on your cruise.. or a statement credit on your Amex card. The reason i ask is i would rather have the 150 than the 100. Just checking to see if i am eligible for both. One is obviously related to booking a cruise. The other is related to spending 500 on anything.

i just my AMEX card. And with it comes 150 credit if you spend 500 within the first three months. I called them today to verify that. And also asked about the Carnival cruise offer. Or world cruise line offer... Yes it was there in my account and i added. Now my big question is, does this 100 show up as a discount on your cruise.. or a statement credit on your Amex card. The reason i ask is i would rather have the 150 than the 100. Just checking to see if i am eligible for both. One is obviously related to booking a cruise. The other is related to spending 500 on anything.

You only get billed for $400.

Long time lurker, but registered just to remind people that *registered cards* also count!

Create a new account for each card and apply the offer. So you + spouse = 200. You + spouse + child = 300. Etc ;)

As a major lover of AMEX cards (and Discover) this can save you a boat load of cash if you register cards for all your immediate family. Don't even need to give them out to them, keep them in your possession and just use for offers such as this.

Long time lurker, but registered just to remind people that *registered cards* also count!

Create a new account for each card and apply the offer. So you + spouse = 200. You + spouse + child = 300. Etc ;)

As a major lover of AMEX cards (and Discover) this can save you a boat load of cash if you register cards for all your immediate family. Don't even need to give them out to them, keep them in your possession and just use for offers such as this.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you talking about opening new accounts for your spouses and children?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you talking about opening new accounts for your spouses and children?

Authorized users count as another card. So its one account, but each person you add as a authorized user gets a new card, with a new number, thus can use the promo as well.

Oh. Good to know!

This is how we have it for my wife and I. Interestingly though our offers do not always match. If she has 92 offers, I may only have 90.

I did also learn that

A. You can make a payment for someone else. A nice way to earn points for yourself and save some money for a friend or relative.

B. IIRC, You do not need to make the minimal purchase threshold in one shot; it just has to occur while the offer is valid to trigger the account credit.

These Amex offers are terrific

This is how we have it for my wife and I. Interestingly though our offers do not always match. If she has 92 offers, I may only have 90.

I did also learn that

A. You can make a payment for someone else. A nice way to earn points for yourself and save some money for a friend or relative.

B. IIRC, You do not need to make the minimal purchase threshold in one shot; it just has to occur while the offer is valid to trigger the account credit.

These Amex offers are terrific

I don't have anyone on my Amex as an AU, so I might just have to add a couple [emoji4].

Thanks so much for this! I stumbled across this thread searching for a list of which Amex cards carry the Carnival offers since they never appear on my Delta Amex. I was able to add the offer using the link mentioned and am sure I'll be getting the $100 soon. I'm glad I don't have to apply for another card!

I have the Carnival offer on my Amex but not NCL. Is there a back door method to get NCL offer as well? Please share if you know a way.

I can't find the NCL one anymore....I did both Carnival and NCL 2 days ago and yesterday my AMEX statement online shows both and -$100 for both. Sorry maybe they pulled it but I thought it said expires April 2017

You only get billed for $400.

Well, that is why i was saying, i have a sign up offer on my Amex card for spending first 500, i get 150 statement credit.

then i have the world cruise line offer, of 100 credit if spending 500 on a cruise. I would much rather have the 150. Just wondered if they will both be done.