Specialty Dining Alone

tinybiny

I have looked at the specialty dining for the Star and see The Crown Grill, which my husband would love and I wouldn't eat from there and Sabatini's, which I would eat lots of stuff from and my husband wouldn't eat anything from. :eek: We are likely just not going to try either one, but I did go over the menu with him and we thought about us each eating solo in the restaurant we would like on the same night. Has anyone every done that? Is it strange/awkward?

I have looked at the specialty dining for the Star and see The Crown Grill, which my husband would love and I wouldn't eat from there and Sabatini's, which I would eat lots of stuff from and my husband wouldn't eat anything from. :eek: We are likely just not going to try either one, but I did go over the menu with him and we thought about us each eating solo in the restaurant we would like on the same night. Has anyone every done that? Is it strange/awkward?

There should be no issue dining solo. I am not sure if Crown Grill could seat you with others who may want to share your company. We certainly would enjoy the meal with another person.

you might talk to the Matre'd ...ahead of time, i.e., before you make a reservation... to see if they might be able to get a menu item from Sabbatini's for you, when you both have dinner at the Crown Grill.

We had dinner at the Crown Grill every night for 10 nights.. my dh tried the veal chop at the Crown, it was a very thick chop. We looked at Sabatini's thought the chops were smaller and asked if we could order an order from Sabatini's for my dh. He likes a thinner piece of meat... they happily got an order for him...turned out it was not thinner after all... some times you can't tell reading the menu - we asked and were told the chop was smaller than thinner... so it goes.

If the Crown Grill is not real busy, you might be able to work something out in advance.