Cheers for a couple. 15 drinks a day?

sweets2323

I think they meant why you can carry soda on but not water. I believe people try smuggling booze in water bottles and this is the cruise lines way of preventing it.

Oh yes, that makes sense. Soda (or water) is allowed in cans or cartons, no bottles and it is because people smuggled alcohol in them.

i get cheers every time, it is nice to not have to worry about the bill afterwards.

The wine I like is 9.25, Alchemy Bar is $10.25, and I have cut back my drinking in port. Also, you can have sodas and they give you bottled water, so i always get one or two to take off the ship for ports.

I have seen so many people asking about it on day 1 and thinking, no I won't drink that much, then by day 3 wish they had purchased it. With so much free time at night and on sea days, you usually end up drinking more than you think you will.

And you don't have to break even every day, so really it is about spending $400 per person over a week.

Wife and I debated it and this weekend we decided against it. We're already doing all-inclusives in ports, so that covers those days. Plus we each take on a bottle of wine so that covers another day. Other than that, maybe one drink a day is all we buy.

We also take on our allotments of soda and we have our free bottles of water and free drink coupons for the last night of the cruise.

Plus (at least for last year) we went on our anniversary and they gave us a 20 or 30 dollars off coupon for a bottle of wine so we got another bottle for maybe ten bucks.

Whats the average drink cost?

I wish we could just buy one....

You don't have to buy the Cheers program. My DH and I rarely drink more than 3 drinks each per day so the program is not cost effective for us.

In order for it to break even you have to hit around 7 or 8 drinks per day.

If a cruise is port intensive it may make a difference how many drinks you can or do consume.

We charge our drinks on our ship card as we go along. It's no more of a problem than "charging" using the Cheers program, :D We order water to be delivered to our cabin - $4.99 for a 12 pack so water is not something we'd charge onto the Cheers card.

We always order a bottle of Crown to be in the room for my husband. He's good with carrying a flask! We bring on 2 bottles of wine for me. We buy a few drinks during the cruise but our tab is usually low. Especially if we have 3 or 4 ports and are off the ship during the day. If I downed $400 worth of alcohol, I would not remember the cruise! Lol.

We always order a bottle of Crown to be in the room for my husband. He's good with carrying a flask! We bring on 2 bottles of wine for me. We buy a few drinks during the cruise but our tab is usually low. Especially if we have 3 or 4 ports and are off the ship during the day. If I downed $400 worth of alcohol, I would not remember the cruise! Lol.

Shoot. At over $109 including gratuity for the bottle of Crown, you're already on your way to paying for Cheers [emoji3].

Not worth it do the math based on your drinking habits. Most drinks I had were around 10$ including tip. Would have 3-4 per day in afternoon. Bought water thru ship had in refrigerator on arrival Brought two bottles of wine carry on. When I wanted something other than the above lemonade or the guava juice were free. Don't drink sodas so was not an issue.

If you get off boat most days you are gone anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Separate - but sort of related question to the "Cheers" drink option. Does Carnival allow a single purchase per state room? My husband does not drink alcohol, but I do (wine, vodka, etc. - no beer). :) I wasn't sure...and he couldn't figure it out on the website, as it appeared to require both adults to have it - definitely not worth it for him, but could possibly be for me!

Separate - but sort of related question to the "Cheers" drink option. Does Carnival allow a single purchase per state room? My husband does not drink alcohol, but I do (wine, vodka, etc. - no beer). :) I wasn't sure...and he couldn't figure it out on the website, as it appeared to require both adults to have it - definitely not worth it for him, but could possibly be for me!

No, all adults in the cabin have to purchase it.

Not worth it do the math based on your drinking habits. Most drinks I had were around 10$ including tip. Would have 3-4 per day in afternoon. Bought water thru ship had in refrigerator on arrival Brought two bottles of wine carry on. When I wanted something other than the above lemonade or the guava juice were free. Don't drink sodas so was not an issue.

Based on that you might have come pretty close to at least breaking even with Cheers. You could have left the wine at the store and not had to carry it on, bottled water is included in Cheers. Maybe you would have had a few more drinks per day if it was already included.

It's up to everyone to decide if it's worth it or not but if you break it down, it's really not hard to get your money's worth. And no you don't have to come anywhere close to the 15 alcoholic drink limit per day. It's about 5 $10 drinks not including specialty coffees, water, energy drinks, milkshakes, etc. Even less if you pre purchase with discounted Carnival gift cards.

I think people concentrate too much on the alcohol part and forget everything else that comes with it too.

One word - Convenient.

Not a big drinker regularly but when I do, I want to not think twice and just order what I want. I like the all inclusive deals/pricing that are coming back to the cruising. All paid up, just show up for vacation. I don't do the frozen sugary drinks due to the taste and calories. I love the coffee, water, wine, and serious cocktails[emoji4]though.

Good luck OP and do what's right for you.

2 Bloody Mary's or Mimosa or Screwdrivers or Coffee with Bailey's for b/fast.

3 or 4 drinks during the day sea days maybe 2 on port days when you get back

1 or 2 pre-dinner same for dinner

My pre-dinner is Martini's ($18.00 for 2)

2 or 3 after dinner at shows or just walking around

That's 7-9 alcohol related drinks

Through in specialty coffee's, waters, milkshakes and you have paid for Cheers.

Those numbers are over the course of 12-14 hours

I will definitely try Aclemy Bar and higher priced drinks.

You're implying that it wasn't worth it to you even though your statement contradicts itself to a degree. If you averaged 3.5 drinks @ 10.00 each, you're at 35.00 during the day. And you if get off the boat most days you're gone. What about the time from 500 till when you go to bed at say 12 or 1? That's 7 or 8 hours worth of possible drinking, everyday, including those in port. If you consume 3.5 from 11-5 on sea days, you don't consume any more till you go to bed? And remember that there are other things besides soda that is non alcoholic and unlimited and included such as still and sparkling water, vitamin water, energy drinks, espresso based hot and cold coffee drinks and milkshakes. You can also get a Baileys for your coffee after dinner, or to pour over a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert.

I guess since I just did the above last month it wasn't worth it to me. To each there own opinion though

If you only consume 3 or 4 alcoholic drinks during the day and don't consume any more alcohol for happy hour, with dinner or post dinner, as well as any included non alcoholic drinks, then I guess you didn't get your monies worth and it was an expensive lesson learned.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I guess since I just did the above last month it wasn't worth it to me. To each there own opinion though

You help keep the cost down for all of us...since some think they are entitled to 15 a day and want to share it with everyone on the boat :D

Seriously, yes..at 3-4, it's not worth it

2 Bloody Mary's or Mimosa or Screwdrivers or Coffee with Bailey's for b/fast.

3 or 4 drinks during the day sea days maybe 2 on port days when you get back

1 or 2 pre-dinner same for dinner

My pre-dinner is Martini's ($18.00 for 2)

2 or 3 after dinner at shows or just walking around

That's 7-9 alcohol related drinks

Through in specialty coffee's, waters, milkshakes and you have paid for Cheers.

Those numbers are over the course of 12-14 hours

I will definitely try Aclemy Bar and higher priced drinks.

Exactly! ! 15 drinks per day aren't really much spread out throughout the day and night .add in some espresso and free bottles of water or soda and NO drink bill at the end

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

i get cheers every time, it is nice to not have to worry about the bill afterwards.

The wine I like is 9.25, Alchemy Bar is $10.25, and I have cut back my drinking in port. Also, you can have sodas and they give you bottled water, so i always get one or two to take off the ship for ports.

I have seen so many people asking about it on day 1 and thinking, no I won't drink that much, then by day 3 wish they had purchased it. With so much free time at night and on sea days, you usually end up drinking more than you think you will.

And you don't have to break even every day, so really it is about spending $400 per person over a week.

Is it 15 drinks per person or per cabin each day?