OBC-Shore Excursion

Italy52

I have reserved an excursion in my Cruise Personalizer and want to use my OBC to pay for it. Can I assume that my excursion tickets will be in my cabin when I board and that the price of the tickets will be applied to my shipboard account which contains my OBC?

I'd recommend printing a confirmation of your shore excursion reservation & bringing it on your cruise because I've seen prices increase before the tour begins. That way you'll have proof of your confirmed price just in case they mistakenly want to charge a higher price.

I'd recommend printing a confirmation of your shore excursion reservation & bringing it on your cruise because I've seen prices increase before the tour begins. That way you'll have proof of your confirmed price just in case they mistakenly want to charge a higher price.

I never trust anyone -- always bring printed info with me. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes. Works exactly like you are hoping it will. Tickets will be in your room when you arrive (or will arrive shortly thereafter if you board rather early). Payment will be deducted from your OBC without you having to do anything.

Don

Thanks

Sorry, I must respectfully disagree.

I have booked two excursions for my 5/17 Alaska cruise and they were charged to my cc within a day.

I had to cancel one and waited several days for the credit on my cc.

Just my experience.

When did you book the shorex? There was a change to allow you to pay on board quite recently-

NEW

NEWPay Before You Sail, Or Pay Later Onboard

You have the option to pay for shore excursions in advance of your cruise. If you wait, we will add the charges to your onboard account which is settled at the end of the cruise.

I would assume you booked your shorex before this was added.

They will be charged to your credit card, if you want to use OBC to pay for them you will have to wait to book the excursions on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have cruise for March 2017 and already booked our excursions and did not have to pay and will use OBC.

Also cruised several times last year without pre paying...just reserved

Sorry, I must respectfully disagree.

I have booked two excursions for my 5/17 Alaska cruise and they were charged to my cc within a day.

I had to cancel one and waited several days for the credit on my cc.

Just my experience.

There was a short lived "experiment" that required prepayment for excursions. The experiment was tried (& failed) on some Alaska sail dates/ships.

As noted by others here, that decision was thankfully reversed.

We booked our excursions after Princess reversed the pre-payment of excursions idea --- we are all good.

Happy it worked out for you. If I have to pre-pay for excursion. I would not book them. It's just another way for Princess to make you spend your cruise credit on stuff you don't really want.

Tony

When did you book the shorex? There was a change to allow you to pay on board quite recently-

NEW

NEWPay Before You Sail, Or Pay Later Onboard

You have the option to pay for shore excursions in advance of your cruise. If you wait, we will add the charges to your onboard account which is settled at the end of the cruise.

I would assume you booked your shorex before this was added.

I made the reservation a month or so ago.

This is good news, the excursion I cancelled was over $600. Of course I didn't have that much in my OBC account anyway.

There is no Vines bar on the Diamond, where it used to be is now the Captain's Circle, library, Internet and Future Cruise Sales.

The ship was revamped for the Japanese market and has a Sushi Restaurant where the Crown Grill was next to Sabatinis. They have a Stirling Steakhouse as part of the Horizon grill.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app