Aft Wrap, which deck?

I am looking to upgrade to an aft wrap for my cruise on the Conquest. Which deck has the best rooms/balconies? Deck 6 and 8 look good with deck 8 looking like it has the most balcony very aft. I know the deck plans aren't always accurate(rooms on deck 8 right next to the wraps having the bigger balconies).

I just got off the Conquest last week. I had cabin 6483, and liked the layout of the cabin, and the huge balcony. Just be aware that there is no sofa in this cabin, just a table and two chairs. Even as such, this cabin had the illusion of being roomier. I liked it so much, I'm considering booking the same cabin on the Glory for next year.

(By the by, I AM an aft snob!) ;)

I just got off the Conquest last week. I had cabin 6483, and liked the layout of the cabin, and the huge balcony. Just be aware that there is no sofa in this cabin, just a table and two chairs. Even as such, this cabin had the illusion of being roomier. I liked it so much, I'm considering booking the same cabin on the Glory for next year.

(By the by, I AM an aft snob!) ;)

How was the balcony on the aft side? I love watching the wake and hope to have enough room to have 2 people watching the wake comfortably. I always book the aft extended balconies, but had a wrap on Breeze and fell in love.

You probably will have to take what is available. Assuming one is available. I could never get one on the Conquest and I was booking a year in advance.

They were all available when I started looking, so I have temp holds on one on deck 6 and 8.

Just looking at the deck plans, the cabins on deck 6 seem to be the largest and the ones on deck 8 appear smaller. We have had the aft wrap on deck 7 on the Triumph twice and it was our favorite cabin. As far as the balcony, you may prefer the one that has a bit more of the wrap around to the side because that is where you will be able to get some shade if needed and that bit of covering keeps those on the decks above you from seeing you. The one downside to the aft balcony for us was when kids on the Lido deck would throw their soft serve ice cream cones down onto our balcony. If we wanted to be on our balcony and be private at night, we'd have to go over to the side portion where there was an overhang blocking the view of those above us. We loved it. The cabin itself felt much more spacious with that layout as opposed to the typical balcony layout.

We've had deck 8 aft wraps on Conquest-class. The deck space directly aft is relatively small, with the larger portions being the diagonal and the side; however, there was plenty of room for both DH and I to stand at the aft to watch the wake. We don't book deck 6 cabins because it's above the Promenade Deck and we've had noise issues there before (not aft wraps, though). As for the deck 8 cabin - we really like it a lot. I have some pictures in my 2014 review at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2098938&page=5. (If you're interested in ports, the photos in this review are Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. The first half of the review is Alaska.)

Thanks for the info everyone. I booked one on deck 6, I prefer the aft with a little bit of the side to catch a breeze.

excellent choice! I was in 6483 on Conquest two yrs ago! No noise & the biggest balcony on the ship is deck 6! The room is great and spaciously arranged. Always get the lowest aft wrap on all Carnival ships....even the Vista - as they are the biggest!! I have an aft wrap on 6 on the Vista for next yr! And remember about balconies...bigger is better ......"size matters!"

• 9 months later...