"LIVE" from the Navigator 2/12/2017

niksmom630

Greetings, CC community!

I've decided at the very last minute (exactly 5 minutes ago) to do a live report from the Navigator 5 day sailing departing from Miami on Sunday.:)

My husband, Rick and I, accompanied by my DBIL, decided to hop on this cruise for a much needed "I live in the Midwest, it's February, enough said" sailing. We had originally been scheduled to sail on Freedom for an 8 night cruise this month, but sadly, we had to move that cruise out to 2018. We were particularly bummed about this, as we had planned to cruise with some friends we had met on CC several years ago. I hope our schedules eventually align again, Sam and Diana!

We leave tomorrow at 5:45 am (a.k.a. TOOO early) for Fort Lauderdale, then will Uber over to the Hilton Miami Airport Hotel for our pre-cruise stay.

What to expect with this review? Well, lots of photos, and not much commentary...or at least that's my intent. Happy to answer any questions along the way.....looking forward to my fourth sailing on this lovely lady. She's been getting a bad rap in some recent reviews, and I hope to be able to report they are all unwarranted :D

And received our very important boarding instructions [emoji15] were on deck 6.... guess this is where I should be thankful for my C & A status

72C2DECF-98C1-4F0B-AD78-FAA2C3B6534B_zpslevwgjtj.png

Next post and photos from Miami [emoji173]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Whoohooo! Love your reviews Chris. Marla and I hope to sail with you guys again one day.

Dan.

Awww thanks Dan! I hope so too [emoji4] we'll never forget our Labadee cabana buddies!

Looking forward to your review. I have been scouring the posts / internet for Navigator reviews. If you would be so kind to post the menus. I know they don't change much but it would be nice to see IF anything has changed at all.

Thank you

Looking forward to your review. I have been scouring the posts / internet for Navigator reviews. If you would be so kind to post the menus. I know they don't change much but it would be nice to see IF anything has changed at all.

Thank you

Sure, no problem. I will post the menus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]Grrrrr, so in my infinite wisdom, I decided to try and get hubby and I into one large suitcase this trip. I suspected our bag might be overweight, but thought the worse case scenario was they would charge me for two bags....nope, $25 for the bag, and $100 surcharge for being overweight! So much for my bargain basement priced airfare...guess I'll be shopping for a "tote" in Cozumel [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have a great cruise!

Please post lots of pictures of the ship.

I get on the Navigator on Friday for the 9 night deep southern cruise.

So, we will be passing each other on Friday. :)

I'm doing the 9 night ABC itinerary on the Navigator in April. Save/post the Cruiae Compasses if you think about it. (Please).

Dan.

Just joined in to follow. Great posts! Scary to see a flight overbooked! Makes me happy we always fly to the cruise the day before. I would hate to get the next day flight and something happend there. They can keep the flight credit,

Now, on the home trip, I would consider the flight credit. But, to tell you the truth, over the decades I flow and they made that iffer, I opted to just keep going to our destination as planned!

Have a wonderful time, keep those pics coming!

I may try live videos of our cruise using the Periscope app.

I'll be checking in to your posts until Wednesday morning when we leave for Miami, as we're going on the 9-night cruise on Friday :) Please let us know what the entertainment is like on board, shows not to miss and how embarkation was. Thanks!

And received our very important boarding instructions [emoji15] were on deck 6.... guess this is where I should be thankful for my C & A status

72C2DECF-98C1-4F0B-AD78-FAA2C3B6534B_zpslevwgjtj.png

Next post and photos from Miami [emoji173]

Disregard the email. They will let you board when you arrive regardless of this email. People book flights arriving at 10am and head straight to the airport. They do not want to keep people sitting waiting in the cruise terminal for 6 hours if they are on deck 2. That would start the vacation on a VERY bad tone. Pretty sure RCCL does this to "try" to space out the arrival times of its passengers.

We arrive around 10:30 usually and are usually on the ship by 11am regardless of our cabin location or C&A status. You have paid for your vacation, now get on that ship early and enjoy it to its fullest.

I'll be following along...we fly out on Wednesday and board the Navigator on Friday.

If you are able to post cocktail prices and I'm also curious as to what the specialty dining prices are on the ship.

Everything I've read says to book before boarding to "save" money, but I have OBC that I want to use.

We've already purchased our ultimate drink packages and prepaid our gratuities.

Ok, MDR menu, drink menu and prices, and the pub beer menu! Got it! We are planning on doing two specialties, Sabor on day one and then Chops whenever the formal night is. We'll be taking advantage of D+ BOGO, but I'll see what they are offering on board. I'm hoping I see a punch card on this sailing, as I decided against the beverage package this time....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk