$$ Issues with RCI.

918baker

I booked in June for a sailing on the Serenade on 3/6/17. Paid our deposit and had a final payment date in early December. In September RCI charged our credit card almost $1,400! I caught it almost immediately, within 2 days, and called my TA. She called RCI and they determined there was a "glitch" in their system. We requested that the stolen money be put towards our final balance as we were going to have to pay it anyway. Just not fun to pay it unexpectedly! TA and RCI say everything is good to go and they offered $250OBC for the issues. Final payment rolls around and subtotal still showed the original amount due. RCI told the TA that they would authorize our CC for the entire amount, and then only charge the difference between the stolen amount and final payment. Well, guess what. They charged the entire final payment. So now RCI has almost 50% more of our money than they should have.

They've said repeatedly that they've "tried" to refund to the CC but unable. Unsure how that works, as I've canceled and rebooked several excursions due to sales and then refunds show up on the very same CC. At this point I'd be fine with them mailing a check :D They've offered to allow us to put the money we've spent towards a future cruise, but we don't cruise often. Plane tickets, excursions, etc add up!

There's been radio silence with my TA for weeks despite requests for updates. TA requested their legal team get involved on 1/28, but again radio silence. She just says there's been no update from her contact with the legal team when I do ask. On another thread of those having financial issues with RCI someone posted the email for the CEO's office. Am I allowed to email even though I used a TA? I assume not but never know unless you ask!

With our CC the cut off for disputing is a couple of days before we sail. Worried that if I dispute the final payment charge that they won't let us board haha!

Going on 5 months since the "glitch". Might go crazy before we board!

I would open up another credit card just incase you do decide to dispute it - you definitely won't be able to use that card with them on your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did our Set Sail pass with a different card exactly for that reason :D :D

Could you tell me where or what the email is for the CEO I also am having an issue with RCCL and their staff is doing NOTHING to help me or my travel agent.

Please post if emailing helps your situation! I'm not sure if I should email since TA is supposedly working on it... :)

I booked in June for a sailing on the Serenade on 3/6/17. Paid our deposit and had a final payment date in early December. In September RCI charged our credit card almost $1,400! I caught it almost immediately, within 2 days, and called my TA. She called RCI and they determined there was a "glitch" in their system. We requested that the stolen money be put towards our final balance as we were going to have to pay it anyway. Just not fun to pay it unexpectedly! TA and RCI say everything is good to go and they offered $250OBC for the issues. Final payment rolls around and subtotal still showed the original amount due. RCI told the TA that they would authorize our CC for the entire amount, and then only charge the difference between the stolen amount and final payment. Well, guess what. They charged the entire final payment. So now RCI has almost 50% more of our money than they should have.

They've said repeatedly that they've "tried" to refund to the CC but unable. Unsure how that works, as I've canceled and rebooked several excursions due to sales and then refunds show up on the very same CC. At this point I'd be fine with them mailing a check :D They've offered to allow us to put the money we've spent towards a future cruise, but we don't cruise often. Plane tickets, excursions, etc add up!

There's been radio silence with my TA for weeks despite requests for updates. TA requested their legal team get involved on 1/28, but again radio silence. She just says there's been no update from her contact with the legal team when I do ask. On another thread of those having financial issues with RCI someone posted the email for the CEO's office. Am I allowed to email even though I used a TA? I assume not but never know unless you ask!

With our CC the cut off for disputing is a couple of days before we sail. Worried that if I dispute the final payment charge that they won't let us board haha!

Going on 5 months since the "glitch". Might go crazy before we board!

This is totally ridiculous! I hope you get a solution to this very soon. 5 months is too long a time to let this go on. Contact your credit card company and dispute the extra charge.

This is totally ridiculous! I hope you get a solution to this very soon. 5 months is too long a time to let this go on. Contact your credit card company and dispute the extra charge.

Your TA is the one at fault. if you book thru a TA, payments are made thru them. They should be getting you the refund as they are your only access to RCI. I would call the TA office and get one of the managers on the line and let them know that you are holding their firm totally responsible for this screw up and you will not forget to mention the name of the agency and the issues you are having to fellow cruisers.

that should get things moving.

Steve

RCI told the TA that they would authorize our CC for the entire amount, and then only charge the difference between the stolen amount and final payment.

WHY would they authorize the full amount??

918baker, I really hope you're able to get some resolution to this soon. Maybe you should go to your TA's office, sit down in front of their desk, and tell them you're not leaving until they figure this **** out.

Do you have invoices from your travel agent and Royal Caribbean? Every time you make a payment you should have an invoice.

My brother had a similar issue. What happened the travel agent charged my brother's credit to pay on my sister's cruise instead of his. The travel agent blamed Royal but it was clear that the it was the agents fault. If wasn't my sister it would difficult to get the money back.

Good luck.

Do you have invoices from your travel agent and Royal Caribbean? Every time you make a payment you should have an invoice.

My brother had a similar issue. What happened the travel agent charged my brother's credit to pay on my sister's cruise instead of his. The travel agent blamed Royal but it was clear that the it was the agents fault. If wasn't my sister it would difficult to get the money back.

Good luck.

The only invoices I have are from the deposit and final payment. I authorized the final payment to be the difference of the credit card fraud and then original final payment. TA called RCI and RCI apparently charged the entire original final payment. No idea how that works out.

Finally just emailed mbayley@rccl.com. Since I used a TA I'm not sure if I'll get a response, but I tried!

I sent such an email once (Golstein era). About a day later I was called by a very pleasant and efficient lady and everything was sorted out quite quickly. I'd just sent a concise timeline and essential facts they could use.

In your case I'm thinking the TA messed up.

Good luck.

If you tell RCCL you have repeatedly tried to contact your TA regarding this issue and they are MIA and you are owed $$ that she tells you RCCL has and you can't seem to get a straight answer they will speak will you. Have them pull up your acct and go over what $$ RCCL has taken and see if it matches what you know. Call them now!!!! Tell them you think possibly your TA has misappropriated funds and you need them to assist and help you with the real fact. They will help

I think you should dispute the charge with your credit card company. Tell them the whole situation. They would open a case with RCL, and that will usually escalate things. RCL will have no choice but to refund that charge cause it wasn't something you authorized.

Hope you get the situation all sorted out

I think a call to RCCL first and give them a chance. On your credit card stmt do both these charges come thru the cruiseline. I think it's easy for even a CSR to pull the pmt records for the booking and match the pmts. otherwise I believe there is a possibility that your card was used to pay for someone else's cruise and your TA was involved. If you tell this to the CSR they WILL Listen and investigate. Call RCCL today

And call your bank tomorrow and dispute.

Guest maddycat
Finally just emailed mbayley@rccl.com. Since I used a TA I'm not sure if I'll get a response, but I tried!

Since you just emailed Mr. Bayley yesterday, wait until Tues. or Wed. before you do anything else. If you don't hear from his office by Wed. then I think that you should contact your credit card company.

Did you contact your travel agent's agency and speak to a supervisor or the agency owner?

I think a call to RCCL first and give them a chance. On your credit card stmt do both these charges come thru the cruiseline. I think it's easy for even a CSR to pull the pmt records for the booking and match the pmts. otherwise I believe there is a possibility that your card was used to pay for someone else's cruise and your TA was involved. If you tell this to the CSR they WILL Listen and investigate. Call RCCL today

And call your bank tomorrow and dispute.

I don't usually like to point the finger at the TA but in this case I agree with you 100%.

Bill

Wonder if the OP has now figured out whose acct the extra funds got applied to????

Not yet! Got an email back from Mr. Bayley's office Monday morning saying they're looking into the matter and would call me in a couple of business days. :)

Not yet! Got an email back from Mr. Bayley's office Monday morning saying they're looking into the matter and would call me in a couple of business days. :)

At least something is happening! Did your TA ever return your calls? This whole thing is crazy :(