carnival Fantasy????

casperbks

Fairly certain Carnival stopped serving lobster on cruises less than 7 nights (possibly 6?) . Our five night cruise on Sunshine in November did not have it.

With regards to Fantasy, one of my favorite things about it is the ample outdoor seating surrounding the buffet. So nice to eat outside! The Waterworks area is fun and has a good amounting of seating as well.

Do they serve lobster on five night cruises??? And can you give me any advice about cruising on the Fantasy?? thank you :confused:

No lobster on a 5 day, it is 6 and up only now. The crab stuffed ravioli they replaced it with is pretty good though. You can always pay $20 in the dinning room for a steakhouse selection, I did Surf and Turf on my last cruise and the lobster was far better that what we used to get on formal night.

The Fantasy is a great ship, easy to walk around and nice open spaces. I like sitting out back on lido, watching the ships wake in the shade, also they have most of the Fun 2.0 upgrades now so you get some good dinning options for lunch.

Have fun!

They stopped serving Lobster on 5 Night and Shorter Cruises in October of 2016.

Regarding the Fantasy,

I absolutely love the ship. It has 2.0 upgrades with Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Red Frog Rum Bar, and Blue Iguana Cantina Bar. It will get the Alchemy Bar and Cherry On Top when it has its next dry dock(which isn't Currently Scheduled. Too Early. Overall, I love the Fantasy. It's very classy and not Gaudy like most Carnival Ships

They stopped serving Lobster on 5 Night and Shorter Cruises in October of 2016.

Regarding the Fantasy,

I absolutely love the ship. It has 2.0 upgrades with Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Red Frog Rum Bar, and Blue Iguana Cantina Bar. It will get the Alchemy Bar and Cherry On Top when it has its next dry dock(which isn't Currently Scheduled. Too Early. Overall, I love the Fantasy. It's very classy and not Gaudy like most Carnival Ships

Thanks for posting. Did you go to the spa without getting any treatments, use sauna, etc.? Any other details or comments appreciated.

The decor and signage is definitely dated. She's a smaller ship. The air conditioning in the V Cabins (suites) has been known to go out. That said, she's a great ship with a great crew. I did a 4 day/7 day B2B on her a year ago and loved it. I don't think I would sail that long again on her but I loved the cruise. But whoa- when you look at the signage you'll think "80's". And the AC problem had been an issue for a long time and continued to be after we left (I read complaints on here). We got 20% off a future cruise and a fan that was like a jet engine as compensation. Not a big deal. If you do book a V Cabin, make sure you're not right under the weights in the gym. Lesson learned!

We ar on fantasy now. Debarking tomorrow. Friendliest crew we have ever encountered on some 30 cruises. Had a great time. Mike pack is apparently trying to get classy cassie back on track with some remedial training. He is one of the best and she is carnivals worst cruise director. Hope he helps turn her around.

We ar on fantasy now. Debarking tomorrow. Friendliest crew we have ever encountered on some 30 cruises. Had a great time. Mike pack is apparently trying to get classy cassie back on track with some remedial training. He is one of the best and she is carnivals worst cruise director. Hope he helps turn her around.

Would love to read a review of your cruise. We are thinking about booking one on the fantasy in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Fairly certain Carnival stopped serving lobster on cruises less than 7 nights (possibly 6?) . Our five night cruise on Sunshine in November did not have it.

With regards to Fantasy, one of my favorite things about it is the ample outdoor seating surrounding the buffet. So nice to eat outside! The Waterworks area is fun and has a good amounting of seating as well.

They served Lobster in the dining room and we just got off on Thursday.. they have it!

Carnival's new rule is lobster is served on formal nights of cruises 6+ nights, so most Fantasy sailings do not have "free" lobster since they are usually 4/5 nights. As another member mentioned you can always order a steak house main course while sitting in the MDR for a $20 up charge, I do this once or twice per cruise and highly recommend the surf&turf!

• 2 weeks later...

We enjoyed the Fantasy when we sailed her in 2015. It was before the 2.0 upgrades. We did a 5 day cruise from Charleston to the Bahamas. The staff was outstanding. We splurged and got a grand suite in order to have a balcony and the room was absolutely perfect. The entertainment staff always has something going on even though there weren't a lot of bells and whistles. Food was good every night. There wasn't as much variety as there is now so I'm sure that has improved. I probably wouldn't sail her again only because we want to try as many different ships as possible. I wouldn't hesitate to sail another Fantasy class ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can get lobster, but it will be a $20 charge as part of the Steakhouse Selections. We just sailed the Fantasy last month. We loved the ship, but did not particularly care for the port of Progreso.

You can get lobster, but it will be a $20 charge as part of the Steakhouse Selections. We just sailed the Fantasy last month. We loved the ship, but did not particularly care for the port of Progreso.

"Steakhouse Selections" is just a part of the menu that has steak (obviously) items but in other words there is no separate steakhouse restaurant? Was there any additional cost for the steakhouse selections?

Gal

"Steakhouse Selections" is just a part of the menu that has steak (obviously) items but in other words there is no separate steakhouse restaurant? Was there any additional cost for the steakhouse selections?

Gal

All entrees from the Steakhouse Selections are $20, and there is no separate restaurant.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yuridog, what day is the formal night on the 5 day Fantasy?