Liberty Sighting - What have they done?

Last week I was docked on another ship in Cozumel near Liberty of the Seas. What have they done?! It had these horrible giant Carnival style water slides on the highest level at the aft of the ship. Horrible thing to do to such a beautiful ship. It looks like a floating amusement park now. So sad. I saw Freedom of the Seas a few days later. It did not have this modification. I guess the young and the young at heart will enjoy the slides, but to me it looks like a horrible mess on top of such a beautiful ship.

So choose Freedom instead?

It's a bunch of slides. They look fun to me.

I found the hallway carpet on Freedom to be terrible looking, but it didn't affect my cruise at all.

Guess it's all about perspective.

There is a big difference between carpet inside and adding an ugly massive twisting slide structure to the top of a ship. Good gravy! :) Have you even seen it?

It appears there is no issue with RCL turning into Carnival by the readers so far it seems.

And I am booked on Freedom in the fall - Thank you!

They did a much better job on the Liberty than they did in the Navigator which was sailing from Galveston previously.

When DW &I I sailed the Liberty, it was just us, the kids stayed home.

Even so, we appreciated that there was this huge complex dedicated to keeping other people's kids away from areas we enjoyed.

Probably will be going back with our kids this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last week I was docked on another ship in Cozumel near Liberty of the Seas. What have they done?! It had these horrible giant Carnival style water slides on the highest level at the aft of the ship. Horrible thing to do to such a beautiful ship. It looks like a floating amusement park now. So sad. I saw Freedom of the Seas a few days later. It did not have this modification. I guess the young and the young at heart will enjoy the slides, but to me it looks like a horrible mess on top of such a beautiful ship.

I think it looks tacky. :rolleyes:

We enjoyed our Christmas cruise on the LOS, and plan another RC cruise (different ship and itinerary) in the future, but I agree with you and Ladysilver.

OMG I just looked up some pix of it on Google .. what a hideous mess .. looks cheap too .. like it could just fall right over the side in heavy seas ... and why orange and green??

Very Very ugly. :p