Canada ETA query

Lynnewob

We are doing the NY to Quebec trip on the QM2 in September.

I assumed I would need an ETA for Canada as a GB passport holder, but it says if "arriving by sea" you do not. I presume not if departing by sea also.

We will disembark QM2 in Quebec, (using flights arranged by Cunard and their transfers) flying from Quebec airport to Montreal for a BA flight back to London.

My query is if disembarking and flying back from Canada, will I still need an ETA?

Regardless, I know I need a USA ESTA, but it's the Canada ETA that's confusing me with the sea arrival, but flight departure.

The way I read it is that you only need an ETA for Canada if you are arriving by air. I don't think the method of departure matters as they only check on arrival.

I don't have any experience so I could be wrong. My last transit through Canada was just before the requirement was introduced.

Thanks Durante. Good to know.

No worries about a link turning up on here, you're safe.

Thank you, you spend 3 minutes saying sensible things and they show the 10 seconds when you said something completely inane. I prefer radio, usually much warmer !

Edited by Host Hattie

We sail on QM2 transatlantic at end of August followed by a coach tour from New York to Niagara. We stay at Niagara but not sure which side and we are then dropped at Tirinto Airport to catch onward flights (in our case to Vancouver where we will be spending a week before returning to UK). I take it from previous posts that we will not need an ETA. Am

I reading this correctly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD