Cabins ready

GUT2407

Thanksmate, I expected so, but wasn't 100% sure, it will make a difference to how the girls pack.

I think it's only RCL/Celebrity that wait until 1.30pm or so. The luggage arrival will be later though. But because the whole ship doesn't embark at once it really is quite quick. Muster will likely be in the Theatre but not always. Depends on numbers. I think we also mustered in Wintergarden a couple of years ago.

I think it's only RCL/Celebrity that wait until 1.30pm or so. The luggage arrival will be later though. But because the whole ship doesn't embark at once it really is quite quick. Muster will likely be in the Theatre but not always. Depends on numbers. I think we also mustered in Wintergarden a couple of years ago.

Yeah I suspect our little five days might have mustard drill in a broom cupboard, didn't seem to be many cabins on sail for this little segment. I guess as long as our luggageis there in time for din dins all will be good.

Yeah I suspect our little five days might have mustard drill in a broom cupboard, didn't seem to be many cabins on sail for this little segment. I guess as long as our luggageis there in time for din dins all will be good.

You'd be surprised. These jaunts are very popular and TA's often have a waitlist. The good thing about being on a sector cruise is that the dining room will be open if you arrive at the right time as well as afternoon tea that day. It's pretty much business as usual onboard. Luggage will be there before dinner.

You'd be surprised. These jaunts are very popular and TA's often have a waitlist. The good thing about being on a sector cruise is that the dining room will be open if you arrive at the right time as well as afternoon tea that day. It's pretty much business as usual onboard. Luggage will be there before dinner.

Boarding isn't til 4:00 sailaway at midnight, so doesn't look like Lunch.

Boarding isn't til 4:00 sailaway at midnight, so doesn't look like Lunch.

Ah. That's really interesting timing then. Of course - you were asking about midnight sailaway a few weeks ago. Mmm. What time does QM2 arrive into Port? Is it an overnight stop from the night before or just later into Sydney that day? Can you drop off luggage earlier? Muster timing - could be anytime I guess but maybe 8pm? Much later and people will be nodding off to sleep.

I'm assuming we embark at 12 noon when we leave from Singapore - it arrives into Singapore the afternoon prior. Sailaway is 6pm though.

Ah. That's really interesting timing then. Of course - you were asking about midnight sailaway a few weeks ago. Mmm. What time does QM2 arrive into Port? Is it an overnight stop from the night before or just later into Sydney that day? Can you drop off luggage earlier? Muster timing - could be anytime I guess but maybe 8pm? Much later and people will be nodding off to sleep.

I'm assuming we embark at 12 noon when we leave from Singapore - it arrives into Singapore the afternoon prior. Sailaway is 6pm though.

They've taken the times off the itinerary.

But from memory she arrives that morning, around 7:00 from memory.

I'd imagine I can drop my bags as per normal, the girls are then planing a markets visit followed by lunch, broadly at Burgers and Ribs and then checking in.

I think the midnight departure is so those on longer segments can have the whole day to tour.

Seems strange that boarding is 4pm then. Is that based on your cabin level I wonder. Is it a recommended time? Is there a roll call you could compare with others?

Roll call is there, but not exactly over populated.

We are down in the bowels of the ship, never been so low on any cruise.

When we booked there were only cabins on 4 or 5, and I think only four had cabins on sale that would take three.

Roll call is there, but not exactly over populated.

We are down in the bowels of the ship, never been so low on any cruise.

When we booked there were only cabins on 4 or 5, and I think only four had cabins on sale that would take three.

Nothing wrong with deck four at all. Staterooms are all the same. We were there first cruise. Perfectly fine. And on deck 5 this trip.

...The good thing about being on a sector cruise is that the dining room will be open if you arrive at the right time as well as afternoon tea that day. It's pretty much business as usual onboard.....

That's a very good point about embarkation day on a world cruise sector being "business as usual".

I have a boarding time of 1pm for my QE Sydney/Kobe sector next Saturday so all things being equal I should be able to make the Britannia Restaurant for lunch :cool:

That's a very good point about embarkation day on a world cruise sector being "business as usual".

I have a boarding time of 1pm for my QE Sydney/Kobe sector next Saturday so all things being equal I should be able to make the Britannia Restaurant for lunch :cool:

What deck are you on?

Isn't QE tied up to the buoy? QM2 at OPT on Saturday.

Tender operations seem to require stricter times, and longer.

Seems strange that boarding is 4pm then. Is that based on your cabin level I wonder. Is it a recommended time? Is there a roll call you could compare with others?

On March 2 at OPT we have check in time of 3.30pm and on deck 5. I am not worried about checking in late. Less waiting time.;)

Not worried about missing lunch and never do arvo tea on the ships, lose a kilo. Have first sitting dinner @ 6pm, so can wait.

I tried to check in early yesterday.

They told me I had to wait for my allotted time next Wednesday.

Uh? How could you check in yesterday for embarkation next week? I am confused. You can only check in on the day of embarkation normally, at one's allotted time.

Uh? How could you check in yesterday for embarkation next week? I am confused. You can only check in on the day of embarkation normally, at one's allotted time.

Just a little joke about rigidity of check in times.

Based on QM leaving Melbourne on a 3 hour, sorry 4 day tour to Kangaroo Island. Then back here Wednesday.

Just get that little extra time onboard.

On March 2 at OPT we have check in time of 3.30pm and on deck 5. I am not worried about checking in late. Less waiting time.;)

Not worried about missing lunch and never do arvo tea on the ships, lose a kilo. Have first sitting dinner @ 6pm, so can wait.

Thanks Les, seems consistent then 3:30 for 5 4:00 for 5. It's really just about filling the day for us. We've got late sitting so Lunch before we board.