Arcadia - Will it be suitable for a 21 year old?

tals

Hi

We have done a number of cruises before and the children loved them as they had the activities etc organised. Well our child is now 21 so outside of the organised activities but she likes to mingle with others in the 18 to 25 groups - preferably ship organised.

We are debating the Arcadia cruise in Mid July (Iceland/Fjords etc) does anyone know if they have anything suitable for this age range - it's an adult only cruise.

I would say definately no. Arcadia in my opinion would be one of the last ships i would take a 21yr old on.

I doubt there will be many her age, and there is very little to do around the ship.

What about for a couple of 40-something guys who are on a port-intensive Baltics cruise? I ask somewhat in jest, as we have 5 sea days out of a port-intensive 14 day cruise, and I plan on either laying by the pool or using the spa on my sea days. But the above responses have me just a tad worried. Is the average age quite old on Arcadia?

We've been on Arcadia numerous times, both to the Med, Norway and Iceland.

We would say that the average age on a Med cruise is 30's, 40's and 50's.

To Norway, 50's, 60's and older.

Iceland, 40's, 50's and older.

Arcadia is a lovely ship, but possibly not for younger adults. Britannia, Azura and Ventura would be better.

You may not get warm enough weather on a Norway cruise for laying out, then again you may. We've had temps of 17 as tops, but equally had nearly 30! It's hit and miss in that region I'm afraid. The Baltic is usually warmer - we've had temps in the 20's every time we've been.

PS. All cruises on Arcadia are adult only - she's an adult only ship, as is Oriana and Adonia (once she gets back).

What about for a couple of 40-something guys who are on a port-intensive Baltics cruise? I ask somewhat in jest, as we have 5 sea days out of a port-intensive 14 day cruise, and I plan on either laying by the pool or using the spa on my sea days. But the above responses have me just a tad worried. Is the average age quite old on Arcadia?

The main thing to remember about Arcadia is that it is an "Adults Only" ship. This means that couples with children will not be booking as a family. Anyone whose children are all over eighteen could go with them as a family but when the children attain this age they tend to want to go their own way.

Regards John

Great ship - fantastic theatre and it has a dedicated cinema although dinky! Can't understand the comment that there is little to do around the ship. Swimming pool is beautiful and indoor spaces elegant. Excellent restaurants......what more could you want.

We've been on Arcadia numerous times, both to the Med, Norway and Iceland.

We would say that the average age on a Med cruise is 30's, 40's and 50's.

To Norway, 50's, 60's and older.

Iceland, 40's, 50's and older.

Arcadia is a lovely ship, but possibly not for younger adults. Britannia, Azura and Ventura would be better.

Took my 21 year old daughter on Arcadia last summer and we had a great time.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I just sailed Aurora in December and had a lovely 10 nights. That's the biggest reason my friend and I switched over to P&O for our Baltic cruise. But as this is my friend's first cruise, I was suddenly worried that all of our fellow passengers would be 70-plus. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the energy level might not have been ideal.

The main thing to remember about Arcadia is that it is an "Adults Only" ship. This means that couples with children will not be booking as a family. Anyone whose children are all over eighteen could go with them as a family but when the children attain this age they tend to want to go their own way.

Regards John

Thanks, John. I'm actually excited about the adults-only aspect, as I'm a bit of a cranky old man. More room in the hot tubs!

We're a couple of 40-something guys (or will be by the time we're on board Arcadia!) too... it all sounds ideal to me, though we have fewer sea days on our Fjord cruise. :)

Hope you enjoy!