Wine

lrockwitt

Technically no - must have the sticker/stamp to show you've paid your corkage. Reality - I'd guess it depends on your waiter...we ran out of bottles we'd paid corkage on (family took on a few bottles to take to a bar or MDR, a few to drink out on the balcony) and took an unmarked bottle to dinner a couple of nights expecting to be charged the corkage fee, staff couldn't have cared less and no fee applied.

The one bottle of wine you take on board at no charge "should" be charged a corkage fee if you take it to the MDR, but as stated the waiter may "forget" to charge you.

Any additional bottles you take on board and pay corkage on embarkation can be taken to the MDR without paying an additional corkage fee.

You can always take a full glass of wine into the MDR without paying corkage - they have no idea where that glass came from.

The wine you're "allowed" to bring on has NO "corkage" fee. You can drink it anywhere.

The one bottle of wine "will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom." According to the Passage Contract, it is subject to a corkage fee if consumed in any public area of the ship. Although they may not always enforce it, that is the policy.

The wine you're "allowed" to bring on has NO "corkage" fee. You can drink it anywhere.

Hmmm I was under the impression it is to be consumed in your cabin.

If taken to the DR you will incur a $15 corkage fee. :confused:

Or is that what the stamp on the bottle is for? Oy Vay old age...........

Now, Keith, don't question that poster's alternative facts. After all, you don't get to 79,000 posts by wasting time getting the facts right.

And you're not old; you're vintage.

Now, Keith, don't question that poster's alternative facts. After all, you don't get to 79,000 posts by wasting time getting the facts right.

Wait.. You're giving someone with JUST 56,000 posts more credibility than someone with 79,000 posts?.. :p

I need a 'Like' button :D

To the OP - Princess' Alcohol Policy copied from their website - http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/bring.jsp

As outlined in our Passage Contract, on the day of embarkation, guests are permitted to bring one 750ml bottle of wine or champagne onboard per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in your stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits, or beers are not permitted.

Any alcoholic beverages purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at any port of call, will be collected at the gangway for safekeeping and will be delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the cruise. A member of the ship's staff will be at the gangway to assist guests with the storage of their shoreside alcoholic purchases while our Boutiques staff will assist guests with the shipboard alcoholic purchases.

*Princess Cruises is not responsible for any alcoholic beverages confiscated by shoreside security staff. Such items are not eligible for monetary refund or replacement.

The one bottle of wine you take on board at no charge "should" be charged a corkage fee if you take it to the MDR, but as stated the waiter may "forget" to charge you.

Any additional bottles you take on board and pay corkage on embarkation can be taken to the MDR without paying an additional corkage fee.

You can always take a full glass of wine into the MDR without paying corkage - they have no idea where that glass came from.

I have seen a lot of glasses of wine taken into MDR in what is obviously a glass from the cabin. The staff know it wasn't purchased in a bar or at Vines. They just don't say anything.

I have taken wine in a glass to the MDR. I wanted to take the bottle that I brought on board to the MDR. I see people all the time carrying bottles of wine around. Is that okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you can get wine glasses from any bar or your room steward ( Vines, would not give us glasses) and just pour a glass from the bottle you brought on the ship and take it anywhere you want except the pool area, no glass out there. The bar outside will give you plastic ones if you need them.

I have taken wine in a glass to the MDR. I wanted to take the bottle that I brought on board to the MDR. I see people all the time carrying bottles of wine around. Is that okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you can - but you'll likely be charged corkage (was AU$15 on our trip last year, as far as I know it's still the same). I'm not sure what the procedure is - we brought on a whole case - which was one free bottle for each of us, and corkage on the rest - so we mostly had bottles with the stickers to show we'd paid. Though as I said, we were not charged corkage on our "free" bottles (and asking the question, were told by our waiter not to worry about it) but that is against their official policy and I'm guessing is luck of the draw.

Of course they know where it came from if its a full glass of wine. When did you last see a full wineglass poured by a Princess employee?

I haven't had a waiter forget to charge me corkage on Princess in 10 years, must admit though that we absentmindedly packed a 5l box of Cab last cruise and had no problem having it in our cabin. Really must not let that happen again............................................

I know this has been asked a million times, but I haven't seen it. The wine you bring on board, can you take it into the MD without a corkage fee?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have taken one of our included bottles(one per adult fee on embarkation) to the Crown Grill (I'm assuming same process as MDR). Since it didn't have a sticker, they charged up the gratuity and auto included tip. :)

It was a nice bottle and we did not mind paying the gratuity. Plus, not a bottle they sell.

Also, we have purchased a bottle from Vines on board and brought it to the Crown Grill and not been charged a corkage fee because it was a "Princess wine".

I see people all the time carrying bottles of wine around. Is that okay?

It depends. If the bottle is one that you brought on board for free and no corkage fee was charged on board, then that bottle is supposed to be confined to your quarters, though it will be allowed some fresh air on your balcony. Also, if you are lucky enough to be invited to someone else's cabin for, say...a sail away party, you could bring your free bottle to their cabin. But the bottle is not supposed to pop its head out in public spaces such as dining venues or lounges.

On the other hand, if the bottle is one for which you paid a corkage fee (and had the bottle stamped or stickered), then you are free to take it wherever you like. But be aware that trying to take it to the Bridge or Kid's Club will be frowned upon. But you can take the bottle to breakfast, lunch, dinner, the Wheelhouse, Crooner's, Skywalker's, etc. And the same holds true for bottles that you buy on board at a dining venue or Vines. Just as people can tote around their buckets of Coronas, people can also tote around their paid-for wine bottles.

Even though the free bottles are supposed to be consumed in your cabin, I've taken bottles up to the Lido and Sun Decks late at night to gaze at the stars and nobody even blinked an eye.

Walking into the dining room with a bottle is an entirely different situation. Expect to pay the $15, if not, consider yourself lucky.

Of course they know where it came from if its a full glass of wine. When did you last see a full wineglass poured by a Princess employee?

I haven't had a waiter forget to charge me corkage on Princess in 10 years, must admit though that we absentmindedly packed a 5l box of Cab last cruise and had no problem having it in our cabin. Really must not let that happen again............................................

On my last cruise, they poured me a glass of wine at Vines while I was waiting for my dinner beeper to go off. When the beeper went off, they topped off the glass of wine so that I had a full glass to carry into the MDR. I think they may have been a little more generous in filling the glasses since I had the AIBP.

Yes, you can get wine glasses from any bar or your room steward ( Vines, would not give us glasses) and just pour a glass from the bottle you brought on the ship and take it anywhere you want except the pool area, no glass out there. The bar outside will give you plastic ones if you need them.

Vines has two kinds of wine glasses - the special Vines glasses that they use when you are drinking there and normal wine glasses (like the other bars use) that they will pour to go. When I drink a glass before dinner (waiting for the beeper from the MDR), they would sometimes pour my wine in the "to go" glass. Other times, when I had one of their Vines glasses and my MDR beeper went off, they would pour my wine from their glass to the "to go" glass - and then they would top off the "to go" glass for me to take to the MDR.

I took wine from Vines to the MDR, because Vines has a much better selection of wines by the glass than the MDR. I had the AIBP, so I only drank wines by the glass that cruise.

Vines has two kinds of wine glasses - the special Vines glasses that they use when you are drinking there and normal wine glasses (like the other bars use) that they will pour to go. When I drink a glass before dinner (waiting for the beeper from the MDR), they would sometimes pour my wine in the "to go" glass. Other times, when I had one of their Vines glasses and my MDR beeper went off, they would pour my wine from their glass to the "to go" glass - and then they would top off the "to go" glass for me to take to the MDR.

I took wine from Vines to the MDR, because Vines has a much better selection of wines by the glass than the MDR. I had the AIBP, so I only drank wines by the glass that cruise.

Agreed. Vines is definitely the place to be.....:):):)

Bob

The last Princess cruise we took we brought on two of the Black Boxes of wine and they were not confiscated.

Wow! Did you have these two Black Box wines in your carry-on or checked luggage? We put a 5L box in our checked bag one time on a RCCI cruise. They did not confiscate it but did leave a "naughty, naughty" letter inside our suitcase.