Weather Fjords in July

north east girl

We went last July on the Azura and the weather was mixed. We are from the North East and thought the weather was like Tynemouth in the spring! It may be shorts weather one day and raincoats the next! Enjoy your trip, we are on the Britannia before you at the end of June !😀

They are amazing.

The weather is hit and miss I'm afraid. Sometimes you will get lovely sunny, reasonably warm/hot weather, other times cloudy, rainy, cool/warm weather.

We've had temps of 17C as a max, but also 27C.

HOWEVER, the fjords are stunning whatever the weather (maybe apart from pouring rain!) so you will enjoy yourself whatever.

Agree with what's been said. We went the first week in July and we had a rough trip up the North Sea then overcast in Bergen - renown for rain - but then in the other ports we had really sunny and sometimes really hot weather. You really need to be prepared for all types of weather - wet, chilly, hot with sun lotion needed and everything in between! If, like us, you want to sit outside when sailing up a fjord in the early morning then pack a fleece too! It really is a beautiful trip.

We did a 7 night Fjord cruise on Britannia last year. Weather was mixed. Some days clear and sunny and relatively warm. Other days overcast and rain. Bergen has a lot of rain. They have a local joke where a visitor asks a boy "does it rain like this every day?" to which the boy replies "I don't know, I'm only 14". Sea conditions were calm both ways and it's an interesting journey as you see lots of oil rigs and, as you pass East of the Thames an absolutely massive offshore wind farm. The Fjords are beautiful and Norway is very quiet - even the cities - with a tiny fraction of the traffic we are plagued with in the UK. Only negative was the fact that the two best Fjords we were due to visit (Flaam and Olden) were both cancelled a few months before departure. Having done some detective work I found out that they had been cancelled more than 6 months earlier but P&O continued to market the cruise knowing that it was false. I also found out that P&O regularly cancels calls by Britannia to the longer / more scenic Fjords (6 times in 2016 alone) so we wouldn't go there on Britannia again, even though she's the nicest P&O ship. If it's your first visit (as it was ours) then you will still have a great time, as we did. We now have a good excuse to go again - but on a different ship.