American Table?

sailor05

I'm sorry but I don't have any pictures of the menu, but we just got off the Magic on Saturday and I can say that I was not a real fan of the American Table menu. I don't mind at all that they only do tablecloths on Elegant nights, but to me the selection of food was not what it once was before the American Table menu. I'm hoping that they will change it again before we cruise next year.

I'm sorry but I don't have any pictures of the menu, but we just got off the Magic on Saturday and I can say that I was not a real fan of the American Table menu. I don't mind at all that they only do tablecloths on Elegant nights, but to me the selection of food was not what it once was before the American Table menu. I'm hoping that they will change it again before we cruise next year.

Yikes! No tablecloths in the MDR? I did not know that. The whole reason we chose Carnival this time over RCL was because we have liked the food better and happier with the service we received. It won't take much to sway us back to RCL so I hope it isn't a huge change! :(

Yikes! No tablecloths in the MDR? I did not know that. The whole reason we chose Carnival this time over RCL was because we have liked the food better and happier with the service we received. It won't take much to sway us back to RCL so I hope it isn't a huge change! :(

If you're looking for tablecloths you won't see them, but if you're not looking, you probably won't notice.

Just my opinion, but it seems they have kept many of the same menu items from the old menus and added a Port of Call item every night. I found the food [on Carnival Magic with American Table] to be very good, flavorful, nicely prepared, and a large selection to chose from.

Like everything else, some people will love everything they see, some people will hate everything they see, but most will probably be just fine with what is offered.

The old menus had been out for several years now and as with everything else, sometimes things need to be tweaked, updated, and new things to try. One day the American Table, too, will be changed.

In all fairness, the tablecloths have nothing to do with the food nor the service.

We didn't like the new menu and we hated the lack of tablecloth at first, but we grew to like the new menu with the port of call dish added, and got used to no tablecloth by end of the cruise. Just one more step in the "Walmartization" of cruise quality at Carnival.

If you're looking for tablecloths you won't see them, but if you're not looking, you probably won't notice.

Just my opinion, but it seems they have kept many of the same menu items from the old menus and added a Port of Call item every night. I found the food [on Carnival Magic with American Table] to be very good, flavorful, nicely prepared, and a large selection to chose from.

Google is your friend - google American Table menu and your ship name - you'll get lots of options. I couldn't post a link because they were all on web sites competitive with Cruise Critic and that's a no-no.

We like the American Table menu. We were never at a loss to find items that we would and did enjoy. There are table cloths on the Cruise Elegant nights. The service in the MDR was excellent - in fact the service everywhere on the Carnival ships we've been on has been excellent - every bit as good as on RCCL and HAL.

We love the American Table/American Feast approach to dining in the MDR on Carnival Ships. There is a set section every night that has 4 items: a steak (usually Flat Iron, but once in awhile another steak), a Fish (most nights it is Salmon), sometimes a pork chop, and chicken. There is a Port of Call section which features foods from the Port you visited that day. Then there are the daily apps, soups and salads. The daily entrees (usually 6 or 7). and then there is a "Did ya" app that is different and unique each day. Have see braised ox tongue, braised rabbit, cured salmon with candied tomatoes, frogs legs, escargot, oysters rockefeller, and things of that nature. And then there is a dessert menu with about 5 or 6 items plus drinks.

If you cannot find several things on this menu that you will enjoy, then you have a palate that is so limited that you better go to McDonalds. And the "Walmartification" comment shows the lack of class of the person who said it.

One thing I heard about the American Table/American Feast is that they reduced the number of desserts, and some favorites were removed (like Bitter n Blanc)... but the standards are there, Warm Chocolate Melting Cake, Grand Marnier Souffle, Crème Brule... and there's still a sugar-free option for my hubby each night (he's diabetic) so I know he'll get to treat himself a bit. There's also still the standard ice cream and pie selections.

I don't like the American Table concept.

Atmosphere is totally different without tablecloths. Several nights I ordered multiple appetizers because there was such a poor/bland/uninteresting choice of entrees.

I never left the MDR hungry, but that's a pretty darn low bar.

Service was great.

I don't like the American Table concept.

Atmosphere is totally different without tablecloths. Several nights I ordered multiple appetizers because there was such a poor/bland/uninteresting choice of entrees.

I never left the MDR hungry, but that's a pretty darn low bar.

Service was great.

I guess this is more of what I was trying to get at. The atmosphere and the setting. Tablecloths just give it a more elegant feeling and something we get when we go to a nice restaurant. I see this as simply a cost savings for them and it might not be important to some but kinda is to us which is our prerogative. I won't mention this to anyone in my party just to see if it is noticed by them.;) I'm sure in the end it will be fine.:D

Love the NEW American table menu....especially the "Ports of Call" selections each night. They have been fantastic every time. The rest of the menu still has all the most popular dishes. Bitter n'blanc dessert is on menu on 7-day cruises. I am so tired of hearing they took it away.

I don't find too much to be different with the American Table menu, aside from the fact that the portions seem huge

Also on a side note I don't get the hangup over the tablecloths. Tablecloth doesn't equal quality in land restaurants in 2017. Many upscale restaurants don't use tablecloths.

I don't have a tablecloth on my lap in my lounger at home in front of the TV and I didn't miss one on my table in the MDR at sea. I loved trying new things that I wouldn't ordinarily get and sometimes it wasn't great but I still appreciated the experience. One night my wife and I were trying to decide between 3 different things because we like to taste each others' stuff too and the waiter just smiles and says "I'll bring you all three" and he did and we liked them all.

We found food every night that we liked so don't worry too much - there's a lot of things to choose from.

Ya know Before we cruised on the vista i had a hard time with the no table cloths and the menu.

I sat at dinner and never noticed the cloths were not there. (with so much going on around you and so many dishes, glasses etc

It really was not all that bad.

here is a 6 day American Table menu

http://travelingnuts.com/travelingnuts/menus.pdf