Room Service Tips

flasaltwater63

Does anyone ever tip the person that brings roomservice? even though I know tips are prepaid but I always feel bad if I don't tip room service because I was to lazy to go up the the buffet to get my coffee[emoji39] do you tip room service? How much?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Room service is not included in the auto tips. Yes, we tip for room service, we make sure we have a stack of $1 dollar bills and tip $1 per item we order.

I did not know this, glad I tip these folks...

I'll make sure to have plenty of ones on our cruise, we leave Friday.... yea!!!!

Does anyone ever tip the person that brings roomservice? even though I know tips are prepaid but I always feel bad if I don't tip room service because I was to lazy to go up the the buffet to get my coffee[emoji39] do you tip room service? How much?

They (CCL) seem to ignore the question, when asked, if alternative dining tips includes rooms service.

In any case, considering a full 2 hour sit down service meal tip is a little over $2, consider a portion up to that amount when you order RS.

Tips for room service are NOT in the Alternative Services. You have not prepaid them. You are expected to tip a couple of bucks.

Tips for room service are NOT in the Alternative Services. You have not prepaid them. You are expected to tip a couple of bucks.

Wow EXPECTED????? I always tip room service and lets remember its a gratuity not a wage. If we were to always tip just because it was expected service on all accounts would turn to crud!

They (CCL) seem to ignore the question, when asked, if alternative dining tips includes rooms service.

In any case, considering a full 2 hour sit down service meal tip is a little over $2, consider a portion up to that amount when you order RS.

I think thats apples and oranges... the tip is more for the convenience and sitting on your bed, ordering food and having someone go from the kitchen all the way to your room to deliver it to you.

they are not the same thing and shouldn't be thought of that way since they aren't doing the same thing.

$2 is about the minimum I would tip depending on the size of the order

I was extremely embarrassed on my last cruise to learn on the 3rd day of ordering room service that my prepaid gratuities did not cover it. Couldn't bring myself to ordering room service again after that. Next cruise, I'm definitely making sure to tip appropriately.

First the Only room service we have ever gotten is in the morning. It's our wake up call, and Coffee while we get ready to go down for breakfast! We always give that person $3.00 for the coffee and there little Mellon plate, and maybe a juice. We must have coffee first thing! So yes we tip, that person!

Wow EXPECTED????? I always tip room service and lets remember its a gratuity not a wage. If we were to always tip just because it was expected service on all accounts would turn to crud!

Yes, it is expected. Room service waiters are off the clock and it is their wage.

For a Continental Breakfast type of order for one person, a $2 gratuity is appropriate in my opinion. On Carnival Liberty, service was either exactly at the time requested or slightly earlier. (Except on disembarkation morning when it was 30 minutes earlier; but that was OK. I understand the time restraints that the staff is on during turnaround day.)