Anyone with multiple price drops

beans79

I put in for a price drop last week and was approved! I got a $150 worth of on board credits. I just looked and the price dropped again! Has anyone ever put in for multiple price drops? What was your experience? I won't bother if it will effect the on board credits I already have. My trip is paid in full and that $150 is my drinking fund!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I put in for a price drop last week and was approved! I got a $150 worth of on board credits. I just looked and the price dropped again! Has anyone ever put in for multiple price drops? What was your experience? I won't bother if it will effect the on board credits I already have. My trip is paid in full and that $150 is my drinking fund!

If it has dropped from the price you matched to, then yes, you are entitled to another round of OBC. Good for you!

Yep, I had four or five the first time I cruised. :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We've had a few with several price drops-----our best was in 2012 on the repositioning cruise from Hawaii to Australia. I guess the high price of air transportation to/from those places kept people from purchasing cabins, so Carnival was forced to drastically reduce the prices. I can't tell you how many price drops there were---but when we embarked we had over $1,500 OBC to spend. Luckily the desk mailed us a check for the amount we didn't use.

I posted this question on another board but thought it might be better here. How do you get these price drops? Do you have to check every day? Please explain the process to me :)

I go to the website and do a mock booking. I try to check everyday. I have saved $40 for my up coming cruise in September.

I go to the website and do a mock booking. I try to check everyday. I have saved $40 for my up coming cruise in September.

I do a mock booking and then when you figure out it dropped you must submit a claim form

https://www.carnival.com/core/requestforms/priceprotection.aspx

I do a mock booking and then when you figure out it dropped you must submit a claim form

https://www.carnival.com/core/requestforms/priceprotection.aspx

Or just call the 800 number or your PvP if you booked with carnival

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I have had three price drops for a ES cruise I booked.

So I put in for a new price drop and it got declined. It said because my reservation is not booked under the earlier saver rate. I wonder if it changed my booking type from the last time I did a price drop? I just find it weird that I got it last time and now they are telling me no!

On our Breeze cruise a few years back, we paid $4200 for a Lido Balcony for 3.

By the time I was done with Price Drops, it was down to $2700.

Yes, we had $1500 in price drops over the course of maybe a month.

It was crazy.

Now fast forward to my Magic cruise, coming up in June.

Nada. Zip. Zilch. Booked this cruise back in October and not ONE price drop.

And now the Lido balconies are sold out, so it's not looking too good for us.:mad:

Does the price ever go back up? If so, can they 'claw back' your price drop benefit?I'm a bit jealous - booked my two cabins a couple of months ago, now 50 days from cruising and no price drop!

Edited by johno1234
spelling

After reading this, I checked the Carnival website and noticed there was a reduction for my cruise 11/2018.

Just submitted the form for the reduction. It's only $60 but it will almost may for my soda package for 14-day cruise!!

Karen

After reading this, I checked the Carnival website and noticed there was a reduction for my cruise 11/2018.

Just submitted the form for the reduction. It's only $60 but it will almost may for my soda package for 14-day cruise!!Karen

Funny I just did the same exact thing and also saved $60 for my cruise in August. I really only saved $10 because I lose an onboard credit I had for $50 as part of the previous promotion.

Oh man! Where and when are these cruises with the price drops? Mine does have price drops but only in GTY ... no use to me as I needed interconnecting....

Mine is on the Splendor in July going to the eastern Caribbean. First time I ever seen the price drop and it's dropped twice now since we booked. Only $50 but hey that's $50 more in my pocket. That's on an aft balcony too. Those are almost impossible to get drops on since there is only a limited number of them.

This is my second time sailing Carnival and I still don't fully understand price drops. I sail in September on the Magic and I have only seen price increases. I understand that not every cruise would drop, but what is the time frame? Do they usually only happen in the last few months before the sail date? Thanks for any answers.