Elite & Platinum cocktail parties gone?

BarbinMich

In the Princess Circle magazine out this week, there is no mention of the free cocktail party every evening for platinum and elite under the "Benefits" for those 2 levels. A typo or the way it's going to be?? We were on the CB last month and they had the parties.

In the Princess Circle magazine out this week, there is no mention of the free cocktail party every evening for platinum and elite under the "Benefits" for those 2 levels. A typo or the way it's going to be?? We were on the CB last month and they had the parties.

I think it is considered one of the "Members Only Onboard Events" that is listed as a benefit for all Circle members--even though this one only applies to Platinum or above. On the Suite Benefits document it used to be listed as a specific benefit--but now there is no more link to such a document on the Princess web site. (So perhaps your suspicion is valid...)

There's never been a "Free" nightly party on Princess....

The nightly Captain Circle Platinum/Elite events have always charged for the cocktail of the day ..

The only Free cocktail event is the Captains Reception Party for Captain Circle members, and that's only held once a cruise

Srpilo

The Platinum Lounge is hardly a "cocktail party," especially as, as has been stated, there's a cash bar (with drinks significantly more expensive than they were a couple years back). More like a bar with free nosh. Let's just call it "Platinum Happy Hour."That being said, the usual corner-cutting has been taking place, at least on the Grand recently. The cheese selection is now throughly mundane, the nice breads replaced by the same cellophane-wrapped Keebler saltines you'd get at a cheap diner. At least the Stilton with Port sauce is still tasty. And, btw, the Captain's Circle Reception cut out the hors d'oeuvres. too.

Ah well. Anything to buoy up the price of my Carnival stock.

The Platinum Lounge is hardly a "cocktail party," especially as, as has been stated, there's a cash bar (with drinks significantly more expensive than they were a couple years back). More like a bar with free nosh. Let's just call it "Platinum Happy Hour."That being said, the usual corner-cutting has been taking place, at least on the Grand recently. The cheese selection is now throughly mundane, the nice breads replaced by the same cellophane-wrapped Keebler saltines you'd get at a cheap diner. At least the Stilton with Port sauce is still tasty. And, btw, the Captain's Circle Reception cut out the hors d'oeuvres. too.

Ah well. Anything to buoy up the price of my Carnival stock.

Just off Regal. Hors d'oeuvres at Captain's Circle. Never been on one without.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There never has been a free cocktail party every night. Only a small selection of 8 reduced cost drinks currently at $5 each plus gratuity. They started off at $2.99 each a while ago.

And its just a Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge area with some cheese and other nibbles. Not even a party at all.

The Platinum Lounge is hardly a "cocktail party," especially as, as has been stated, there's a cash bar (with drinks significantly more expensive than they were a couple years back). More like a bar with free nosh. Let's just call it "Platinum Happy Hour."That being said, the usual corner-cutting has been taking place, at least on the Grand recently. The cheese selection is now throughly mundane, the nice breads replaced by the same cellophane-wrapped Keebler saltines you'd get at a cheap diner. At least the Stilton with Port sauce is still tasty. And, btw, the Captain's Circle Reception cut out the hors d'oeuvres. too.Ah well. Anything to buoy up the price of my Carnival stock.

Wow... well, in my experience as an Elite, the drinks at the Platinum/Elite lounge have always been priced at $5. On the Pacific Princess a couple of months ago, they had an extraordinary cheese selection which changed every night with a good selection of breads. We had a very enjoyable time every evening. And the Captain's Circle reception had hors d'oeuvres too and I was able to get a Beverly Hills Iced Tea by just asking for it (for free).

Wow... well, in my experience as an Elite, the drinks at the Platinum/Elite lounge have always been priced at $5. On the Pacific Princess a couple of months ago, they had an extraordinary cheese selection which changed every night with a good selection of breads. We had a very enjoyable time every evening. And the Captain's Circle reception had hors d'oeuvres too and I was able to get a Beverly Hills Iced Tea by just asking for it (for free).

You must be fairly recent Elite if they have always been $5.

We had some ( too much actually) good Dutch gin at the CC reception on Pacific a couple of months ago on the Panama Canal transit but then we were sitting at the front and got in 15 minutes early.

You must be fairly recent Elite if they have always been $5.

We had some ( too much actually) good Dutch gin at the CC reception on Pacific a couple of months ago on the Panama Canal transit but then we were sitting at the front and got in 15 minutes early.

Nope, I've been Elite since 2012. I may be wrong, but since they started the PES lounge, I seem to remember that the drink of the day was always $5.

Nope, I've been Elite since 2012. I may be wrong, but since they started the PES lounge, I seem to remember that the drink of the day was always $5.

I hate to tell you this but IMHO 2012 is fairly recent, its only 5 years ago, I started cruising Princess like many others in the 1990's . Been Elite for way too many years, can't even remember when.

Anyway the drinks were $2.99 until 2011, changed to $3.99 a while later and soon changed again to $5 in 2012.

The Platinum Lounge is hardly a "cocktail party," especially as, as has been stated, there's a cash bar (with drinks significantly more expensive than they were a couple years back). More like a bar with free nosh. Let's just call it "Platinum Happy Hour."That being said, the usual corner-cutting has been taking place, at least on the Grand recently. The cheese selection is now throughly mundane, the nice breads replaced by the same cellophane-wrapped Keebler saltines you'd get at a cheap diner. At least the Stilton with Port sauce is still tasty. And, btw, the Captain's Circle Reception cut out the hors d'oeuvres. too.Ah well. Anything to buoy up the price of my Carnival stock.

It happened last September on the CB. Hot items were not offered. The only thing they had were a few cheese items some vegetable items, and a dip:):):)

Bob

The Platinum/Elite cocktail parties are not gone. There's just no free cocktails. Just plenty of hors d'oeuvres On the Royal Princess it was in club 6 everyday. I thing it starting at 4:00 pm. I am not sure what time it ended sorry.

Tony

So Tony are you saying that the drinks were that good you do not remember what time you left. Sounds like a good party to me. It's a long time since we went to those sort of parties. :). :). :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Depending on the night, we were offered the usual selections of cheeses, crackers, bread sticks, tortilla chips and guacamole and/or fresh salsa, steak tartare, raw veggies, and other nibbles on the Pacific Princess in December. Chips and guac nights, and Stilton nights, are always my favorites.

I don't remember there ever having been anything great about the happy hour anyway. Used to go when it was in Skywalkers and the hors d' oeuvres, were basically cheese and crackers. I probably gave up on it five years ago. I enjoy wine and cheese on the balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Embarkation luncheon in the dining room and the Platinum, Elite and Suite lounge are still very much around. Let's not deal in alternative facts here, please.

Didn't I read somewhere embarkation lunch will only be for Club Class pax in future?