Using the hair salon for wedding day...good idea or not?

Our wedding cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas out of Tampa is in 45 days and I'm unsure about whether or not to do my own hair or use the on-board salon. We leave Tampa on Saturday and get into Key West (where we are getting married) on Sunday. So that leaves no time to do a dry run with a stylist. For anyone who has used a salon on any RC ship...are their stylist usually up-to-date on the newest style trends (beach waves, loose updos etc...)?

Thanks for any input!

Our daughter had the onboard stylists do her hair and makeup, and also that of the wedding party. This was for a wedding on board Liberty back in 2015. She was happy with the results. The only problem was that the pre-wedding contractor (Royal Romance at the time) did not communicate the plans to the spa people, so there was only one person on duty to work on 5 ladies. Took much longer than they had planned for and they missed the pre-wedding photo sessions.

So, if I were you, I'd try to communicate directly with the people ship, as opposed to though a 3rd party.

We got married in 06' while cruiseing on the Freedom. I had a picture of what I wanted and what I got did not look anything at all like the picture! It was ok but not what i asked for or wanted. Plus it was an added expense ( in my opinion over priced) plus the tip that she practically asked for before I could even say anything. No I didn't complain but it was my wedding day ,we were getting married on Grand Cayman that morning so I was pressed for time . Complaining would not have done any good.

Edited by toxicfairy

I got married in St. Thomas in 2009. We got on the ship on Sunday and we were getting married in St. Thomas Monday morning. I had called and made sure I could do a "dry run" on Sunday night with my hair and makeup. When we got on board, the salon was closed! I was freaking out. BUT they got someone to come and do it. I ended up going to the muster drill all fancied up! :D They did a GREAT job though and I was very happy! Here is a picture, it's a little hard to see but they were willing to do whatever I wanted with my hair and makeup. Yes they are wonderful with current styles. I wanted to make sure my hair was up because I was afraid it would be too hot with it down.

Wedding%20Edit_zpso6bnlg8g.jpg

Good luck and congrats!!!!!