Cheers for a couple. 15 drinks a day?

sweets2323

I'm thinking hypothetically... $450 pp for an 8 day cruise.... $900 total in liquor....

Do most couple get cheers?

I just can't imagine me spending $900 on alcohol?

I've never been on an 8 day...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sweets2323

Is that when you are cruising? I think most people are surprised at how many more they can get through on a cruise - when you count your coffees, glasses of wine with meals, cocktails, shakes, bottled water etc.

Whats the average drink cost?

I wish we could just buy one....

I may drink three drinks or 4 the max my husband may dibble and dabble

that wouldn't be worth it to me but then I drink mostly beer and an occasional cocktail. I don;t care about flavored water, the room service coffee is free and fine with me (I drink it black so no need for fancy stuff they put in the coffe at the pay coffee shop) and i like the Lido water and ice. Plus I buy a case of bottled water for the mini fridge and so far I've had left-over every time. (Nice for the drive back home)

It would have been around 800 bucks for us to get Cheers on our 7 day cruise last July. Instead, I just bought beer or other drinks whenever I wanted without ever once feeling like I wasn't <-(edit) drinking enough. Our bar bill was less than half of what Cheers would have cost us.

But even then, it might not be a bad deal for those who can use it. IF they get big bottles of water all day and specialty coffees and milk-shakes and plan to have some drinks everywhere they go, it could surely add up. It just doesn't suit me or my wife.

Oh and average beer prices where 6~7 bucks plus a tip, average plain mixed drink around 10 bucks with some specialty drinks going a little higher - fancy drinks in the 14~15 dollar range but nothing I Was interested in.

Had I bought cheers I would have slammed single malt scotch all week and felt like a trash dump at the end lol.

I don't drink coffee... lemonade is good for me. I'm bringing a nice cup and tons of soda for the kids..

Is beer less??? U mentioned beer..

depending on the ship beer can be from 4.50ish (self serve taps on a few ships) to 6 or 7 or maybe even 8 (i don't remember paying that much for a beer but I haven't seen every single one lol). I usually got the thirsty frog draft (which is just an ale made by Budweiser) and with tip that was around 7.50 each. I also love Cigar City beers and one ship (conquest out of FLL) had those so I had a few of them but I don't remember them being weirdly higher priced than the rest of it.

We bought Bubba mugs for our cruising and ended up leaving them in the room most of the time lol. most everywhere we went had something we'd buy or got for free so the mugs mostly served as bedside cold water at night. They were great for that.

We were thinking about purchasing this on our next cruise. But i didn't think we would make up the cost because we just don't drink that much. People are quick to reply that it's not only alcohol included, it's specialty coffee, milkshakes and wine. All I can think of is wow, that is a lot of calories that we normally would not consume! To drink all that just to justify the cost? No thanks. Just not for us.

Thanks for the updated prices. I will drink more than half of Cheers at dinner with three glasses of wine. Couple of cocktails, bottle of water and a beer is also likely and I'm already ahead.

Also, I like to pay ahead too and not get too many bills on the vacation itself.

We were thinking about purchasing this on our next cruise. But i didn't think we would make up the cost because we just don't drink that much. People are quick to reply that it's not only alcohol included, it's specialty coffee, milkshakes and wine. All I can think of is wow, that is a lot of calories that we normally would not consume! To drink all that just to justify the cost? No thanks. Just not for us.

I throw all that calorie stuff right out the window when on vacation! :evilsmile:

Thanks for the updated prices. I will drink more than half of Cheers at dinner with three glasses of wine. Couple of cocktails, bottle of water and a beer is also likely and I'm already ahead.

Also, I like to pay ahead too and not get too many bills on the vacation itself.

You're welcome. Once you see what the drinks cost now, you realize you need to drink a little less than you may have originally thought to break even [emoji6]. Here is one other menu of things that are included with Cheers.

c63525584196d828d4e694e03ed0ded2.jpg

Also, remember that you pay per day...including the days you are in ports. That's where I would lose out. I don't care for specialty coffees, drink the water in the dining room or Lido and not a milkshake fan. I drink mixed drinks and would have to drink at least 5 a day to make it worth the cost. Not sure I could do it on days where I've been in port trying the local libations. :confused:

Pete

Also, remember that you pay per day...including the days you are in ports. That's where I would lose out. I don't care for specialty coffees, drink the water in the dining room or Lido and not a milkshake fan. I drink mixed drinks and would have to drink at least 5 a day to make it worth the cost. Not sure I could do it on days where I've been in port trying the local libations. :confused:

Pete

It starts at 6AM and goes til 6AM. A mimosa in the morning, couple drinks with dinner, and a couple later on in the evening. It can be done.

My DH and I have gotten the Cheers card every cruise since it has been offered. We've never regretted it. On an 7/8 day cruise we normally hit our 15 drinks at least 2/3 times. We've been to all the ports so we stay on the ship, so port days with the Cheers is also worth it to us. We feel paying up front keeps that nasty bar bill SHOCK at the end from rearing its ugly head.. Just our opinion. Leaving in 9 days. WHOOP WHOOP!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I calculated about the same if we were to get it. Just not worth it.

We wouldn't and couldn't drink that much (alcoholic or not) during a day. If someone else can, more power to them.

We'd have to pee like a racehorse if we had 15 drinks a day.

Plus consider any drinks you get while in port. Often times much cheaper.

That being said, I WISH there was a shareable couple's package that could be purchased.

I calculated about the same if we were to get it. Just not worth it.

We wouldn't and couldn't drink that much (alcoholic or not) during a day. If someone else can, more power to them.

We'd have to pee like a racehorse if we had 15 drinks a day.

Plus consider any drinks you get while in port. Often times much cheaper.

That being said, I WISH there was a shareable couple's package that could be purchased.

yeah, cheers or not, one of my favorite things is finding the local beer that I can't get at home. SO far I;ve found stuff I like a lot and stuff I just like. :)

And ditto on the shareable. If they'd do that I would reconsider buying cheers.

The funny thing about Cheers for us is it is more about the freedom of being able to order whatever we want. We aren't big drinkers in "normal" life. Maybe drink once every other month. But we will always buy Cheers from now on. Had it on our last 8 day and getting it on our next 8 day.

We probably broke even or was a little over, but it was nice having it prepaid. I loved not worrying about ordering a drink or even finishing it. We lay out a lot and you can really go through those frozen drinks quickly. Also..sometimes they melt too quickly. So problem solved...order another one. :) I love the "all inclusive" aspect of it.