Closet/Storage Space

SweetPease

We are sailing on Regatta for the first time (sailed previously on Marina) and are curious about storage/closet space. We were in Concierge level on Marina and have booked a PH for Regatta. Wondering if space will be similar. Any input/comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

r-staterooms-3d-penthouse-sm.jpg

• Above is quite a good rendering of a typical R ship Penthouse.
  • There are three full length closets in the foyer area as one first enters from the hallway. Each closet is about 2 feet deep, 2 feet wide and have a hanging rod at 60 inches. The top shelf in these closets is where the life belts are stored.
  • There are three cubby holes, two with doors, one open , in the tall cabinet facing the bed which holds the television, one of the doored cubbys typically holds the safe.
  • You will find generous drawer storage in the desk and in each night stand.
  • Suitcases fit easily under the bed

We have been sailing on the "R" ships since 1999 and never had any problem with closet and drawer space. (Usually we've been in a PH on the "R" ships, a very few times on a veranda cabin, and a few times in the top suites.) Yes, there tends to be more storage space on the "O" ships although since we haven't been in a Concierge cabin on one of them I cannot compare. A PH or above on the "O" ships has walk-in closets, which the "R" ships do not have.

But unless you are on a very long cruise or take lots and lots of clothing along with you, my guess would be that you will be fine.

Mura

Mura

when comparing the A, B & C cabins on the R ships to the O ships I find better storage on the R ships

We had no trouble on either size ship for our stuff but I do try to pack lighter ;)

Lyn, you probably know better than I do.

We've been in A and B cabins on the "R" ships, not the C ... but my understanding is that the only difference there is the deck number, not the space.

We DID have more space on Marina, but we were in one PH, as well as VS and OC. They are clearly more spacious than veranda cabins on any of the ships.

BUT ... when we downgraded to a "B" on Nautica in June/July, we weren't unhappy with the space.

On Marina, we've only been in PH and above. But given that we were satisfied with the "B" on Nautica, I'm sure we'd have been equally as happy with a "B" on Marina. Haven't been on Riviera yet, but I haven't discerned a real difference between those two ships.

Mura

I'm probably mumbling ...

Lyn, you probably know better than I do.

We've been in A and B cabins on the "R" ships, not the C ... but my understanding is that the only difference there is the deck number, not the space.

We DID have more space on Marina, but we were in one PH, as well as VS and OC. They are clearly more spacious than veranda cabins on any of the ships.

BUT ... when we downgraded to a "B" on Nautica in June/July, we weren't unhappy with the space.

On Marina, we've only been in PH and above. But given that we were satisfied with the "B" on Nautica, I'm sure we'd have been equally as happy with a "B" on Marina. Haven't been on Riviera yet, but I haven't discerned a real difference between those two ships.

Mura

I'm probably mumbling ...

Mura you are right the AB & C cabins on the R ships are the same (some exceptions apply) C have no balcony

The A & B on the O ships are the same size wise

I think the only difference that I could between the Marina & the Riviera was the are work :)

I think any cabin on Oceania is good (except the insides for me )

Some day maybe we will try a PH

Lyn

I most often travel in C cabin for R ships (Princess, Oceania and Azamara Tahitian Princess, Insignia, Nautica, Quest) and there are 2 of us. I always take one 40 pound medium (25 inch roliing duffle or suitcase) and one carryon rolling zippered shopping tote. I have never had a problem fitting in. I like the duffles because they fit under the bed so well. Sometimes I put winter coats and the 'out of season " clothes in the suitcase if not going to need them and push them under. The rest fits pretty well in the closet and the drawers. I have a nylon (like lesport bag) 3 section purse that has my bathroom stuff and make up etc. either set it on floor or stash it in closet next bathroom. Hubby has a small man's bathroom shave kit that sits on the shelf.

Biggest hint for me is to bring a small roll of Hefty force white garbage bags with Ferbreeze. They fit in the bottom of the closet and keep the stinky clothes from getting to you. If I have laundry service -- every 2 or 3 days. If not every 6-7 days in the laundermat. The bags are good because of the deoderant and you can tie them up to keep smell down. We use seperate bag for each person -- then what came in suitcase -- goes back in that suitcase -- (in the plastic bag garbage liner if dirty) so don't have to reweigh stuff.

I find the cabins efficient and we both are well adjusted to small space. In C cabins the deep well of the port hole is the greatest! umbrellas, light coats, cameras, hats, little day pack all go in there. Know where to find them. Meds and sunglasses and reader and chargers all go in the drawer by bed and the papers == lots and lots of papers go in the long drawer - need them for later when make up the travel book.

• Above is quite a good rendering of a typical R ship Penthouse.
  • There are three full length closets in the foyer area as one first enters from the hallway. Each closet is about 2 feet deep, 2 feet wide and have a hanging rod at 60 inches. The top shelf in these closets is where the life belts are stored.
  • There are three cubby holes, two with doors, one open , in the tall cabinet facing the bed which holds the television, one of the doored cubbys typically holds the safe.
  • You will find generous drawer storage in the desk and in each night stand.
  • Suitcases fit easily under the bed

I hate to disagree with you but I think your diagram is a (A1, A2, A3, A4) Concierge Veranda, (B1, B2, B3, B4) Veranda / Balcony cabin.

The Penthouse is much larger at 420 sq ft and there is a bit of separation between the bed and sitting area.

I could not figure out how to post the diagram but here is the link for all cabins on the Rivieria

http://www.cruisemapper.com/cabins/Oceania-Riviera-686

I hate to disagree with you but I think your diagram is a (A1, A2, A3, A4) Concierge Veranda, (B1, B2, B3, B4) Veranda / Balcony cabin.

The Penthouse is much larger at 420 sq ft and there is a bit of separation between the bed and sitting area.

I could not figure out how to post the diagram but here is the link for all cabins on the Rivieria

http://www.cruisemapper.com/cabins/Oceania-Riviera-686

I believe you are confusing r ship penthouse with o ship penthouse

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe you are confusing r ship penthouse with o ship penthouse

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I believe that is the confusion.

This thread concerns the Regatta, so my original response was specifically about her Penthouses.

For anyone who is concerned about the differences between Penthouses on Oceania's two classes of ships:

This Diagram represents those on Marina and Riviera (the O Ships):

o-staterooms-3d-penthouse-sm.jpg

While this is what they are like on Insignia, Regatta, Nautica and Sirena (the R Ships) :

The Oceanview cabin featured on that site for Regatta is the E cat an obstructed view

The C & D are the same interior as the balcony cabin without the balcony

I agree, www.Cruisedeckplans.com has far superior information and photo's IMHO, Hondorner and I discovered it during the same year that we discovered Oceania because both of us found the plans on the Oceania site to be ridiculously small.

Hey Mike Moore, do something about THAT and I'll be impressed!

Apologies are not necessary.

This situation is a perfect example of why Cruise Lines universally attempt to standardize cabins across their fleets.

There is a natural tendency to assume that experience on one ship can be carried over to the others.

On Cruise Critic this can result in confusion, but when a repeat passenger finds out, as they very often do, during their second cruise, that the cabin which they have purchased is different from what they thought (assumed?) that they were buying, all hell can break loose.

Similarly, training the Customer Service agents to explain Cabin differences cogently is an expensive and time consuming process.

So, the directive from the Board Room to the design board goes out: Make them the same, down to the safety pins in the bathroom drawers.

I agree, www.Cruisedeckplans.com has far superior information and photo's IMHO, Hondorner and I discovered it during the same year that we discovered Oceania because both of us found the plans on the Oceania site to be ridiculously small.

Hey Mike Moore, do something about THAT and I'll be impressed!

WOW..... What a great website. Thank you for posting it. I am sure that I will use it often. Again, many thanks. :):):)

I am in a PH right now. I have sailed AZ. R ships and this cabin has 1000 percent more storage and bathroom storage then AZ ships. Not sure who did the storage Princess or older. But the best storage and cabin lay out in six years. This is where AZ outdoor learn from them. Just loving my cabin to the point I can never use this cabin again on AZ.

I'm curious, Robin. I saw from your other post that you aren't too happy with this cruise (or so it seems) but I'm just asking about the room. I know that the two ships Azamara got from Ren did NOT have the PH cabin. It's my understanding that Azamara reconfigured Deck 8 to have about half PH equivalents, but I don't have any idea how equivalent they are.

Are you saying that the Oceania PH on an "R" ship is larger and better laid out than those suites on Az?

I ask because we still plan on sailing on Az some day and I'm not sure what suite to look for.

Mura

Mura

I have been reading your posts for several months on several comments cruiselines. I really do not know the answer to who built deck 8 ..cruiseline one two or three. I am in a former Princess ship. I have been on this ship as Princess.

I have done 40 cruises on Az .. most in a CC which is a PH. Before the 2016 remodel we had more storage space in cabin and bathroom. But then the remodel came.i will never ever do a CC cabin again. No storage, awful furniture and nothing in bathroom. Not a decent place for toothbrushes.

They took out a closet where you could hang clothes. If traveling several temp changes no place for clothes. The so called deep drawers are great if five years old.i am in great shape and hate them.

Yes, I am saying this ship has more drawers in closet and bathroom plus a medince cabinet. Th best ever in this size. Yes, I think Az has smaller cabins.

If you ever do an Az cruise spend money and go. For either a large suite or spa suite. Again less storage than this cabin but better than a CC.

No, Az does nit give tender tickets, you just go and sit, the tours follow and you tender to private tour. Saves many minutes per day. Never a problem. Also well drinks included and wine. I but top booze and most drinks and beers less than Oceania.

Music better too

Mura

I have been reading your posts for several months on several comments cruiselines. I really do not know the answer to who built deck 8 ..cruiseline one two or three. I am in a former Princess ship. I have been on this ship as Princess.

I have done 40 cruises on Az .. most in a CC which is a PH. Before the 2016 remodel we had more storage space in cabin and bathroom. But then the remodel came.i will never ever do a CC cabin again. No storage, awful furniture and nothing in bathroom. Not a decent place for toothbrushes.

They took out a closet where you could hang clothes. If traveling several temp changes no place for clothes. The so called deep drawers are great if five years old.i am in great shape and hate them.

Yes, I am saying this ship has more drawers in closet and bathroom plus a medince cabinet. Th best ever in this size. Yes, I think Az has smaller cabins.

If you ever do an Az cruise spend money and go. For either a large suite or spa suite. Again less storage than this cabin but better than a CC.

No, Az does nit give tender tickets, you just go and sit, the tours follow and you tender to private tour. Saves many minutes per day. Never a problem. Also well drinks included and wine. I but top booze and most drinks and beers less than Oceania.

Music better too

Perhaps as part of the "problem" it's that I was thinking of what I heard as the first renovations when AZ took the ships. I had little knowlege of these changes and NO knowledge of subsequent changes.

So if we book, we'll look for higher end suites ...

Thanks for your input.

Mura

Perhaps as part of the "problem" it's that I was thinking of what I heard as the first renovations when AZ took the ships. I had little knowlege of these changes and NO knowledge of subsequent changes.

So if we book, we'll look for higher end suites ...

Thanks for your input.

Mura

Mura

When the ships came to Celebrity/Azamara from Pullmantur they added the larger PH cabins on half of deck 8

There were photos of them lifting the cabins in through the back of deck 8 on Cruise critic ..probably still in the archive on CC :D