Laundry facilities on Encore

MomC

The infirmary and the laundry room are two places on board that I do not wish to spend time, but it's nice to know they are available if necessary. I use the ship's laundry service whenever possible, but have still found myself needing to do a quick touch up in the laundry room from time to time.

While on the subject of laundry: if I were a corporate spy working for Seabourn, I would copy the laundry package offered on Windstar. While the (stuff in all you can) laundry bags are great on Seabourn, the package offered on Windstar is even better. 109$ unlimited, SAME DAY service for the week.

As of today, Encore has a room on deck 5, midship starboard side, for ironing with 3 stations!

Happy and healthy sailing!

Excellent news.

I suspected the ironing stations were going to be a relatively quick fix and for me the facility I missed the most. Handy to be able to quickly have an iron run over my shirts without troubling staff members.

Henry :)

Hallelujah! I can leave my "illegal" travel steam iron at home. It's great to see Seabourn responding so quickly to customer feedback (even though it should have been blindingly obvious from the outset).

So should the smoking policy have been blindingly obvious but look how long it took them to respond to that. This is a terrific upgrade in terms of response time.

I was going to contrast Seabourn's prompt response on this to their reluctance to bring the unpopular (former) smoking policy in line with standard practice but didn't want this thread to be hijacked into yet another smoking debate.

Hopefully that won't happen since that issue is solved. This should be about the response time to passengers' requests and needs.

Also in place in the pressing room are 3 clothes steaming appliance device hoses with hanger-frames that allow you to hang your garments and steam away your clothes' wrinkles.

By the way, this former office is a pretty large room so you can party it up while there.

Sorry, jimmyw9, you are incorrect. The HD still has his office, for now at least, across the corridor.

The pressing room is a space that I believe was the CD's office as well as an office used by some others.

That said, I understand that the HD's office will be used for passenger clothes washers and dryers this June.

Sorry, jimmyw9, you are incorrect. The HD still has his office, for now at least, across the corridor.

The pressing room is a space that I believe was the CD's office as well as an office used by some others.

That said, I understand that the HD's office will be used for passenger clothes washers and dryers this June.

Do you know if this will be completed by June or starting the construction?I would imagine it could be noisy and messy for anyone who has a cabin close by.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a part of a email reply that I got from Seabourn. I asked if there would be a laundry starting in July. "In response to your question regarding the availability of self-serve laundry facilities on board the Encore, we have discontinuation of self-serve laundry facilities on our newest ship.We understand this has been a convenient feature for some of our travelers. In determining the most beneficial way to utilize space on our new ships we kept in mind that the majority of our guests prefer to spend their time on board relaxing, socializing or enjoying the activities and entertainment provided. Therefore, we opted to eliminate the self-serve laundry in favor of offering more inviting spaces for our guests to enjoy" I guess no self service on the two ships. This makes sad.

Therefore, we opted to eliminate the self-serve laundry in favor of offering more inviting spaces for our guests to enjoy" I guess no self service on the two ships. This makes sad.

I wonder what specific "more inviting spaces" do they have in mind in place of the laundry? It's not like eliminating the laundry gives them a whole lot of room for "inviting spaces" :DWhom are they kidding?

Edited by Paulchili

We've just taken a poll of all of the Seabourn Club members sitting here as we read this and have found unanimous agreement that The Retreat is the obvious "more inviting space" for a Laundry..... and it's got some TVs to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So all the recent stuff I heard when I was on Encore from Seabourn staff until 2 weeks ago about adding a laundry by July was nonsense?

Real smart.

My advice: Seabourn, don't try to fool customers with alternative facts. Facts are good enough. And you need a credible spokesperson. Just one will do.

Nope, until Seabourn listens up about Encore i.e. put in the laundry and ditch the Retreat favor more deckspace for golf and shuffleboard, for us there will be no encore for Encore and no Ovation either. We have other choices and the Odyssey, Sojourn and Quest will do nicely.

So all the recent stuff I heard when I was on Encore from Seabourn staff until 2 weeks ago about adding a laundry by July was nonsense?

Real smart.

My advice: Seabourn, don't try to fool customers with alternative facts. Facts are good enough. And you need a credible spokesperson. Just one will do.

Nope, until Seabourn listens up about Encore i.e. put in the laundry and ditch the Retreat favor more deckspace for golf and shuffleboard, for us there will be no encore for Encore and no Ovation either. We have other choices and the Odyssey, Sojourn and Quest will do nicely.

Markham, I am hoping that someone in head office has sent out the wrong information re the laundry.

I was willing to give Encore another chance but my husband has exactly the same view as you do. Encore looks very elegant, but the lack of decent walking space on deck, Serene Area a joke unless you pay the $350/day retreat price etc means he will stay with the Odyssey class ships.

I am hoping they will rectify at least the major problems of the laundry and the Club. But I won't hold my breath.:)

I know others who enjoy the Encore class so the good thing is we will have a choice I guess.

Julie