CC Meet & Greet - Please Attend

genman36

Hi everyone, we just returned from our 2nd Divina cruise, it was fantastic. On the 2nd day (a sea day), MSC hosted the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet in one of the lounges at 4:00 PM (the place and time was listed in the daily). It was great, MSC goes above and beyond other cruise lines we have sailed with personal greetings and conversation with staff and some officers. They brought out snacks, offered drinks (both alcoholic and non) and generally really wanted to listen to our thoughts, both good and bad. They even gave us free t-shirts in thanks for being there (I don't know if they do this every week).

Too bad only 5 of us showed up (granted we had a quiet roll call, but there were more than 5 members posting).

Please attend the function if you can. We met some great crew members that we ran into all week. It was a great experience. This is an opportunity that shouldn't be missed.

Isn't it great the way the officers come out to chat with those who attend the M & G? We really enjoyed ours, however, there were only (I think) 8 couples who attended. Ours, on the NYE cruise, was held on the 2nd sea day @ 4PM in the Silver Lounge. If you want to attend you need to check the Daily program since that's the only place you'll find the info.

The officers really want your feedback and are so friendly and willing to chat to all those who attend.

Totally agree that attendance would be appreciated by all the staff.

Cheers,

I think that unlike some other lines, MSC does a M&G no matter how many people show up. Some lines require a minimum number of people to preregister in order to hold the M&G. The only problem is that on MSC it is not well advertised, and seems to not be well attended on many cruises. I think more advertising would help.

You may be right. So let's all make a point to mention it on our respective Roll Calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately, my roll call is not very busy, but the M&G has been mentioned. I'll try to spread the word with those I meet the first day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My roll call is just about dead in the water. I started it in early December, and so far there are a total of 2 posts--both mine...lol. So I'm guessing that it's either too early, or the folks who are booking this sailing are not CC participants. Either way, my husband and I will definitely attend the Meet 'n Greet, as I like what I'm reading about how MSC handles those events.

We are cruising with some friends, so I will certainly bring them along too. So that will make 8 of us at the M&G:)

Next time I will.

I was looking for it, but other lines do it in the morning (about 11 am or so), so I probably didn't look further than noon on the first sea day. I know others who were on my cruise went, so there was one, I just missed it.:o

My roll call is just about dead in the water. I started it in early December, and so far there are a total of 2 posts--both mine...lol. So I'm guessing that it's either too early, or the folks who are booking this sailing are not CC participants. Either way, my husband and I will definitely attend the Meet 'n Greet, as I like what I'm reading about how MSC handles those events.

We are cruising with some friends, so I will certainly bring them along too. So that will make 8 of us at the M&G:)

I sail next month and there are only 3 or so semi-active posters, beside myself, so don't hold your breath for many more people to join the Roll Call, lol! But with your entourage, I'm sure you will have a blast and have a great M&G even if others don't attend! It gives you so much more personal interaction with the officers to ask questions, and from videos I've seen, they are quite friendly and really mingle with the crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking for the meet & greet but did not see it. I guess I will have to look harder for the next cruise

Don't feel bad, we found the ONLY notice for the Meet & Greet on the last page of the Daily Planner, our 2nd sea day. It wasn't easy to read for these old eyes b/c it's just listed along with the Events and Activities for the day.

Cheers,

• 2 months later...

My friend Ethel and I {Terry} will also attend, that is a promise.:cool: