AmaWaterways 2017 Sailings

doktor

Thanks, Lois. I'm sure we will. I think doktor is referring to tours that cost extra.

There were no tours that cost extra on either of my AMA sailings (Rhine and Rhone) -- all the options, even the ones called "limited edition," were included in the basic fare. Only on the post-cruise excursion were there added-cost optional tours.

Thanks, Lois. I'm sure we will. I think doktor is referring to tours that cost extra.

I was trying to give you other feedback.....t when I sailed AMA there

was only 1 tour that I can remember that cost extra. Everything else was

included in the cruise price......I went to Brugge for the day and that was

tour cost extra.

There are many free tours for are sailing in April, however I really am looking forward to some of the optional tours. I thought most of the prices were reasonable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all! We're booked on the AMAKristina for one of the Adventures by Disney sailings in October. Basel to Amsterdam. This is our first river cruise...my husband and I are doing an Adults-only Wine themed cruise for our anniversary. Enjoying reading about all of your experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all! We're booked on the AMAKristina for one of the Adventures by Disney sailings in October. Basel to Amsterdam. This is our first river cruise...my husband and I are doing an Adults-only Wine themed cruise for our anniversary. Enjoying reading about all of your experiences.

Thanks for your praise of Cruise Critic. But I'm confused about your post -- if it refers to ONE cruise. Adventures by Disney has an Adults-only wine cruise? Or do you mean two separate cruises? :confused:

Thanks for your praise of Cruise Critic. But I'm confused about your post -- if it refers to ONE cruise. Adventures by Disney has an Adults-only wine cruise? Or do you mean two separate cruises? :confused:

Haha...no...it's all one sailing! This is the first time they have done this....so I am VERY excited to a)go on a river cruise and b)get to drink wine. :D

We sail in April. We are in an A+ cabin. Looking for some info. In the baths what kind of amenities do they offer? (Body Lotions, separate shampoo and separate conditioners, shower gels?) We are on the AMAdante, I believe the plugs are European? How many plugs are provided? I do have converters.

Thanks!

Sandy

My best friend and I are booked on the AmaLyra from Paris to Normandy on September 7, 2017. This will be our 3rd AmaWaterways cruise, after Tulip Time in 2013 and Romantic Danube in 2015. Wonderful trips!

Allyson

My wife and I are booked for Oct 5th on this same trip. My wife completed a Viking cruise but this will be my first river cruise and both first time on Amawaterways.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We sail in April. We are in an A+ cabin. Looking for some info. In the baths what kind of amenities do they offer? (Body Lotions, separate shampoo and separate conditioners, shower gels?) We are on the AMAdante, I believe the plugs are European? How many plugs are provided? I do have converters.

Thanks!

Sandy

There are small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and hand lotion in the bathroom.

There is a 220 volt European ( 2 prong) plug in the bathroom. There is another plug at the desk bit it is recessed into the wall quite a bit. Purchase a schuko adapter on Amazon to fill in the recess and make the plug flush with it's opening. They have "loaners" on the ship but they go fast. Better to have your own.

Enjoy your trip, Normandy is beautiful!

Thanks, for all. I think I have all the plugs we will need. With all of the electronics we take, great to get a heads up of number of outlets. Also on the amenities. Having not to take lotions and shampoos, etc, is good. Again, thanks.

Thanks, for all. I think I have all the plugs we will need. With all of the electronics we take, great to get a heads up of number of outlets. Also on the amenities. Having not to take lotions and shampoos, etc, is good. Again, thanks.

I have a small travel power bar that I carry with me. It has 3 regular North American plugs plus a USB port. Then I carry 2 plug adapters. That lets me plug in a total of 4 electric items plus a USB device with only 2 outlets. Also, even though the cord is short, I find it helpful if the only available outlet is behind something. I found it on Amazon a number of years ago.

Dan4182

Thanks for the photos. In recent years, particularly on RC, amenities have been down graded and some eliminated. I would, as stated before, prefer not to have to pack lotions and shampoos.

Gnome12

Thanks! Used to travel with a power stripe, however Celebrity has confiscated them twice so no longer bring them. I have a small three plug adapter which I will take. This has survived Celebrity's security.

51ed9e04f2c7d9e068dacab908aaba00.jpg

Gnome12

Thanks! Used to travel with a power stripe, however Celebrity has confiscated them twice so no longer bring them. I have a small three plug adapter which I will take. This has survived Celebrity's security.

I'm not sure whether I used it on my river cruises; they might be before I had it. I'm sure I had it on Voyages to Antiquity; they didn't seem to have that kind of security, but I bow to your knowledge; you have cruised way more than I have. I have certainly used it on land many times.

Edited by gnome12

Dan4182

What is the configuration of recessed plug at desk? I have these two plugs. White is Apple, and black is one that connects to transformer. Will I need extension for outlet at desk with these plugs?

Thanks for all you help

d0768b9919c864af8513ebc49ebd2441.jpg

The two prong configuration is the correct orientation. The recessed plug at the desk is pretty deep, app. 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inches deep but not very wide. The best adapter is the schuko plug sold on Amazon and other sellers. It's the exact size to fill in the recess so that it is flush with the opening. Hope this helps!

Doktor, here are some photos. One is of the desk on the Ama Legro from 2013. The outlets are behind the phone under the white box on the wall. The others are of the schuko adapter. The plastic part of the adapter is 1 7/8 inches deep.IMG_1484923935.614362.jpg.0f27051fa9608df098d361e04ef014a1.jpg

IMG_1484923889.385017.jpg.c4d8fe6f1f6bff44a2af7f38579fe081.jpg

IMG_1484923905.392946.jpg.d73976658fe7843e9b5838b7495f9598.jpg

IMG_1484923924.758424.jpg.579411a27c9f44e04eb3db29614591d0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Would love to chat for the next 14 months with all that are headed on a European River Cruise with AmaWaterways in 2017. Also, would love to hear about past and current AmaWaterways clients for advice and pros and cons.

We are sailing on The Legendary Danube April 16th.

Thanks,

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

We are sailing on the AMACerto Legendary Danube May 22, 2017 with a 3 night pre-cruise in Prague. Its our first river cruise & we have several questions. Do you know if tipping is included and if not, what is the standard tip for stewards, etc. Also, which currency is the best for tipping? Have you taken a river cruise before?

Susan