Norwegian Spirit-disembarking in Civitavecchia for tour in Rome

Drafting doll

I am trying to plan a 6-hour tour in Rome. In order to reserve my tour, I need to know when I can reasonably expect to arrive in Rome from the ship. I have information regarding the train to Rome but I really need to know how long it takes to get off the ship once we're docked. The itinerary says we will be in port from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. I appreciate any help.

In my experience, if they say they will be in port by 8am, they will probably arrive an hour to 30 mins before that.

The only time we didn't arrive early into a port was due to bad weather.

However, to be safe I would book excursions at least 30 mins after the said docking time (in case of long lines getting off the ship, etc).

You should look up the train times and aim for a specific train. It's not far to the train station in Civitavecchia, but if you use the port shuttle to the port info point, and then the local bus to the station, you may end up waiting 10-15 minutes for both of those. It would be faster to get a taxi right from the ship to the station (if there are any).

Depending on where you have to meet the tour in Rome, there may be more travel time once you arrive. The total time could be well over 2 hours after you step off the ship.

It's also a 10 minute walk just to get from the train to the main exit at the station in Rome (whose name escapes me at the moment). If you can have the tour guide meet you at the train station, that would allow you to start your tour sooner.

To maximize your time in Rome, make sure to purchase a round-trip ticket back to Civi and stamp the ticket on your way back to the gate (don't let some gypsy try to "help" you do it and expect a tip - like I foolishly did) on your return. :eek:

You should look up the train times and aim for a specific train. It's not far to the train station in Civitavecchia, but if you use the port shuttle to the port info point, and then the local bus to the station, you may end up waiting 10-15 minutes for both of those. It would be faster to get a taxi right from the ship to the station (if there are any).

Depending on where you have to meet the tour in Rome, there may be more travel time once you arrive. The total time could be well over 2 hours after you step off the ship.

Have you checked out your roll call? We're there on 3/26 and there are 2 different Rome tours being shared on our roll call. If I do a non-ship excursion I like to be with other people from our ship. I figure the ship is less likely to leave if there are a group of us missing :)