Mobility scooters

vea52

Hi. We returned from our Christmas cruise on the Divina on Friday. I have some mobility issues and use a cane, especially when I am away. We went on the Atlantis resort tour, I was very concerned as I am unable to walk long distances. I went to customer services at the resort & tried to rent a scooter for a couple of hours, unfortunately they were all out. Needless to say I did not get to see as much as I had hoped to.

I am booked on the Meraviglia in October, I have never been to Europe so want to see as much as possible. I have been searching for scooter rentals for the cruise but I am not getting very far. I found a place in the US that has a portable 27 lb. scooter that I think would work. The issue is they would have to ship to me in Canada & I would take it for the whole trip. We are going 10 days before the cruise.

I am wondering if anyone has rented scooters in Europe or can suggest somewhere to contact. We sail from Marseille France.

Thanks, Veronica

Hi. We returned from our Christmas cruise on the Divina on Friday. I have some mobility issues and use a cane, especially when I am away. We went on the Atlantis resort tour, I was very concerned as I am unable to walk long distances. I went to customer services at the resort & tried to rent a scooter for a couple of hours, unfortunately they were all out. Needless to say I did not get to see as much as I had hoped to.

I am booked on the Meraviglia in October, I have never been to Europe so want to see as much as possible. I have been searching for scooter rentals for the cruise but I am not getting very far. I found a place in the US that has a portable 27 lb. scooter that I think would work. The issue is they would have to ship to me in Canada & I would take it for the whole trip. We are going 10 days before the cruise.

I am wondering if anyone has rented scooters in Europe or can suggest somewhere to contact. We sail from Marseille France.

Thanks, Veronica

Try to call the cruise line and ask them - I had to rent a scooter for my daughter on the divina over christmas and i called MSC and actually asked them about a wheelchair rental as the lady on the phone had no idea what i a scooter was and they gave me a number for a company who leaves it on the boat and then picks it up when done maybe they have the same for european cruises

I did check scootaround, they have a portable 27 lbs one that I thought would work, they would have to send it to me in Canada then I would bring it to Europe myself. Trying to travel as light as possible ☺️

• 3 weeks later...
I did check scootaround, they have a portable 27 lbs one that I thought would work, they would have to send it to me in Canada then I would bring it to Europe myself. Trying to travel as light as possible ☺️

On cruise critic there is a whole section on disabled travel with lots of great info on travelling with a disability and on renting scooters etc. You should read the posts and it will help you to decide what to use. I have a Travelscoot (I bought it and bring it on all my travels.) There are many good scooters and you can read about a lot of them on cruise critic in the disabled area.

Wendy