Haven, 1st Class?

tjt87

The Haven is beyond First Class. The last time I flew in First Class, steerage passengers kept looking at me through the little curtain, because the Flight Attendant neglected to pull it closed! (I did not tip her, I tell you.) One bold Economista actually tried to use our facilities! I've asked the airline to consider card key readers to keep the riff-raff out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Is this economy class or something else??

j5fn0m.jpg

Just you wait till they bring out the oars chains bench seating and the

cadence chief with a big ole nasty whip. Row row row your boat ! LOL !

AND wasn't there a 4th class section on the Titanic - tuxedos and bow ties

required to fuel the coal fired boilers or was that some blisterly bad "B" movie ?

At least on today's cruise ships you don't have to share a toilet and bath

with a compartment of other cruisers like my Military troop ship movements

going to and from Europe in the early 60's !

The Haven is beyond First Class. The last time I flew in First Class, steerage passengers kept looking at me through the little curtain, because the Flight Attendant neglected to pull it closed! (I did not tip her, I tell you.) One bold Economista actually tried to use our facilities! I've asked the airline to consider card key readers to keep the riff-raff out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

i always wondered what would happen if steerage tried to get a drink at the haven bar or just sneak in behind someone to use the facilities. my guess is as long as you kept quiet no one would probably bother you because when i was in haven spa i did have to come from the 'outside' with my bathing suit and towel but walking down past the concierge is about the only 'challenge' anyone would get . wonder if they ever do it?

i always wondered what would happen if steerage tried to get a drink at the haven bar or just sneak in behind someone to use the facilities. my guess is as long as you kept quiet no one would probably bother you because when i was in haven spa i did have to come from the 'outside' with my bathing suit and towel but walking down past the concierge is about the only 'challenge' anyone would get . wonder if they ever do it?

Woe is he who tries to sneak into the Haven area. There is undercover security in the Haven that most passengers don’t know about. I snapped a picture of one of the security personnel as he chased after a baggage-class passenger who had attempted to get into the Haven.

2dkzgg5.jpg

Woe is he who tries to sneak into the Haven area. There is undercover security in the Haven that most passengers don’t know about. I snapped a picture of one of the security personnel as he chased after a baggage-class passenger who had attempted to get into the Haven.

2dkzgg5.jpg

Love it to funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If children weren't allowed it would be call heaven

Guess it stinks that the money for their fair is worth the same as far as the cruise line is concerned. Or that some of the Haven suites are actually labeled "Family". I have heard there are other lines where such inconveniences are less likely, maybe heaven is to be found there.

Guess it stinks that the money for their fair is worth the same as far as the cruise line is concerned. Or that some of the Haven suites are actually labeled "Family". I have heard there are other lines where such inconveniences are less likely, maybe heaven is to be found there.

Don't have a problem with well behaved children

We have had our own in the haven many times

I was being a little sarcastic guess it didn't translate well

Don't have a problem with well behaved children

We have had our own in the haven many times

I was being a little sarcastic guess it didn't translate well

I missed the sarcasm, so apologies in that case. FWIW, in all of the vacations I have been on over the years, misbehaving adults have far outnumbered misbehaving children.

Anyhow, sorry for the derail.... now back to class warfare.

IME, the staff seems to be good at knowing their customers after the first day. I was asked for my card on the first morning and can only assume because I looked lost (I was!) I can only think of two occasions where people have been asked to leave that weren't Haven guests, so I don't think many people risk the embarrassment of being outed.

Your key card is designated on the outside as a Haven card so you couldn't get a drink.

My card has always been needed (and usually swiped) for Haven meals and drinks even when they "know" you.

Edited by asubaru

2dkzgg5.jpg

32278463072_f78bccc5f2_b.jpg

Well, he only had a bit role, but Victor is a really nice genuine guy.

Wish I hadn't closed my eyes on this. Wish I was this weight again.

*Le Sigh*

Stephen

Edited by sjbdtz

Do you think Haven is called Haven and not 1st class so they don't have to call the rest of us 2nd class?:confused:

No.

It is actually a pretty funny story about the name.

It was originally gonna be called The Heavin'.

Spellchecked reared it's snotty head and changed it in the promotional literature and they decided it was cost-effective to eschew printing new brochures.

I know! Weird! But that's the inside info.