Does MSC recognise other loyalty schemes

Dorset Cruiser

I can't figure out what people are providing as documentation. It asks to upload a card or PDF document. I have no such thing on Carnival or Princess to upload. I am platinum on Princess, still only Gold on Carnival. But I can't find anything on their sites to allow me to upload any type of PDF that I can then load to MSC site.

Though for the last few days the MSC site again tells me my log in information doesn't exist.

I can't figure out what people are providing as documentation. It asks to upload a card or PDF document. I have no such thing on Carnival or Princess to upload. I am platinum on Princess, still only Gold on Carnival. But I can't find anything on their sites to allow me to upload any type of PDF that I can then load to MSC site.

Though for the last few days the MSC site again tells me my log in information doesn't exist.

I took a screenshot of my Latitudes account (on NCL) showing my points and level. You can do this on a computer, too, not just a phone. Then I attached the screenshot to the form you send to MSC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are also going on our first MSC cruise 1/2018 on the new Seaside. After we booked through MSC we sent them a scan of our recent cruise Seapass cards and they updated to Black class and took 5% off cruise total. Have been impressed with their customer service maybe because we deal with the same agent each time. Very excited about this cruise as we will be cruising on the Oasis immediately after and will be interesting to compare them!:):):)

We have a card from Princess showing our number. We are elite with Princess. Where will that take us on the MSC loyalty programme?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We have a card from Princess showing our number. We are elite with Princess. Where will that take us on the MSC loyalty programme?

You'll get the VC Black card.

Our cruise leaves on 10 January so not much time to send anything off in any event.

A few weeks ago, I applied for status match with Princess Elite and received a reply and match from MSC the next day. So it may still be worth a try.

Our cruise leaves on 10 January so not much time to send anything off in any event.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I filled out the form online, attached my copy of my other lines reward status, and had my Voyagers number the next day. I called MSC and had them apply my Voyagers number and the 5% discount! You have plenty of time, [emoji4]

I filled out the form, twice actually as there seems to be 2 links on the site. I sent that in along with a scan of my Marriott card. I received my confirmation for Silver status within a few hours. I did check my booking and the 5% discount is not there yet however.

I filled out the form, twice actually as there seems to be 2 links on the site. I sent that in along with a scan of my Marriott card. I received my confirmation for Silver status within a few hours. I did check my booking and the 5% discount is not there yet however.

After you receive your status match you have to call them to apply the 5% discount

I am sailing on my first MSC in October. I have many loyalty programs as I have sailed Cunard, Princess, RC, Carnival and P & O. Doing a 25 night P & O in March so I will be earning extra points for that. Currently I am platinum with Princess, not sure about the others.

Do I list all of the loyalty programs or just the one that I have most points with? I can't quite work out which as they aren't all point for point but I expect after March I will have most points with Princess.

Thanks

I am sailing on my first MSC in October. I have many loyalty programs as I have sailed Cunard, Princess, RC, Carnival and P & O. Doing a 25 night P & O in March so I will be earning extra points for that. Currently I am platinum with Princess, not sure about the others.

Do I list all of the loyalty programs or just the one that I have most points with? I can't quite work out which as they aren't all point for point but I expect after March I will have most points with Princess.

Thanks

Just don't make the same mistake I did......I am Platinum with Carnival and NCL, but I didn't realize that MSC doesn't treat their loyalty programs equally. I submitted with Carnival and was matched to "gold" with MSC. If I would have submitted NCL, I would have been matched "black". So, don't match with Carnival!

Kim

Hi Kim,

How do you know which loyalty card to use? Is it a case of how many nights you have done with each company? It seems I won't be entitled to the 5% discount until after I have already cruised with MSC so I expect it would be best for me to wait until I have done my next cruise on P&O UK which is 25 nights to san francisco. In that case I will have the most nights with Princess once my previous cruises are added.

Hi Kim,

How do you know which loyalty card to use? Is it a case of how many nights you have done with each company? It seems I won't be entitled to the 5% discount until after I have already cruised with MSC so I expect it would be best for me to wait until I have done my next cruise on P&O UK which is 25 nights to san francisco. In that case I will have the most nights with Princess once my previous cruises are added.

You can absolutely get the 5% Voyagers discount applied toward your first MSC cruise after you receive a status match. It doesn't matter if you status match before or after booking it, but either way, a phone call is in order for the discount to be applied.