Aqaba Visit by cruise ship visa requirements

mgfraser

We are arriving by cruise ship to Aqaba, my question to anyone who has been there is: can you get the Jordan visa there or must it be obtained in your home country?

We are arriving on a Seabourn ship in April and Seabourn says the free Jordan visa can be obtained there.

Malcolm

I was on a Celebrity cruise that called in Aqaba last month. Our passports were collected at check in and retained by the ship. They present them to the immigration authorities who grant entry - we got them back prior to arrival in Abu Dhabi and they had been stamped by Jordan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on a Celebrity cruise that called in Aqaba last month. Our passports were collected at check in and retained by the ship. They present them to the immigration authorities who grant entry - we got them back prior to arrival in Abu Dhabi and they had been stamped by Jordan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same for us some years ago - not Seabourn or Celebrity.

The ship holds passports, so that entry to Jordan (and elsewhere?) can be processed at sea without passengers having to present themselves.

We didn't need to take our passports ashore for Jordan, but we had two days in Aqaba & wanted to cross into Israel on the second day (Eilat isn't far from Aqaba). We were able to retrieve our passports from Guest Relations that morning and return them at the end of the day.

I don't recall whether a physical visa was required for Jordan or, if one was, whether & what it cost. If there was a charge it would have been via our on-board account and not a significant sum.

No worries - Seabourn appears to be following the same routine. :)

JB :)