Changes to Beverage Packages

Doc2725

Recently booked a YC1 for October 2017 (Divina.) I see that the beverage packages are consolidating into one package. However, the new package does not appear to include the top-shelf/premium brands, wines, etc.

Is my conclusion correct? And if so, does that mean there is no all-inclusive beverage package that will include mostly everything, like the current "MORE-FOR-LESS PREMIUM ADULT ALL-INCLUSIVE UNLIMITED DRINKS" does?

In the UK and med, the change is being made to All Inclusive Adult and All Inclusive Premium, is it not the same in the US?

From what I can see on the website, they are consolidating to just one package here in the US. Correct me if I am wrong though.

I think so.

According to msccruisesusa.com "More-for-less classic" will be renamed to "All-inclusive classic",

"More-for-less premium" will be renamed to "All-inclusive premium".

Ah, okay- so two packages. One that includes call brands, and the other which includes pretty much everything, like top-shelf?

Looks like a lot of people have questions on this, yet no one seems to have answer. I e-mailed MSC to ask, and they (ridiculously) told me to ask my travel agent. WTH? Ask my travel agent? It's your package, your the company, you should know.

Looks like a lot of people have questions on this, yet no one seems to have answer. I e-mailed MSC to ask, and they (ridiculously) told me to ask my travel agent. WTH? Ask my travel agent? It's your package, your the company, you should know.

LOL...hate when that happens!! :cool:

We don't sail until February 2018 - so there will be lots of experience posted before then....I hope! ;) :D

I have not cruised with MSC before and wonder about the gratuities on the drinks packages? Do you tip each time you get the "free" drink or glass of wine or coffee? Or are the gratuities included with the package? We have paid for the "all inclusive" and the beverage package is included in that.:confused:

On NCL there is an 18% service charge you have to pay for the gratuity on the drinks package and I don't see that listed anywhere with MSC?

I have not cruised with MSC before and wonder about the gratuities on the drinks packages? Do you tip each time you get the "free" drink or glass of wine or coffee? Or are the gratuities included with the package? We have paid for the "all inclusive" and the beverage package is included in that.:confused:

On NCL there is an 18% service charge you have to pay for the gratuity on the drinks package and I don't see that listed anywhere with MSC?

You don't have to tip each time you get a glass from your package.

The service charge is included in the drink package, if you buy the package in advance or if the package is included in your room rate. If you buy the package on board, you will be charged 15% in addition to the price of the package.

So it is cheaper to buy a package in advance.

@Doc2725: No new packages, just new names for the existing packages.

You don't have to tip each time you get a glass from your package.

The service charge is included in the drink package, if you buy the package in advance or if the package is included in your room rate. If you buy the package on board, you will be charged 15% in addition to the price of the package.

So it is cheaper to buy a package in advance.

@Doc2725: No new packages, just new names for the existing packages.

That's good news!! Thank you for the information.