NEED HELP - Vow Renewal

dreamz1109

hello everyone, we are going on the Breakaway in September 2017. This is around our 11 year wedding anniversary. We never had a wedding due to the time & money and I always wanted a wedding in the back of my mind but cant see spending 5-whatever thousand.

I would love to do something like a vow renewal on the ship as a surprise !!

my questions are:

1. Is this corny for the female to plan the surprise ?

2. Any good ideas that I can do ? Like a microphone announcement at a club night or something instead of a traditional chapel renewal.

Something special and a surprise but I am so bad at planning this !

We are only going together (with our little kids) plus 4 other people are coming on the boat also so not a major gathering to have a reception or anything.

:eek:

Is it corny? Dunno. That probably depends on you and your husband's relationship. Personally, I'd never surprise my own husband with something like this, since it affects both of us, and he'd probably want to give input. He wouldn't surprise me with something like this either. I'd think vowel renewals would be something we'd want to discuss together. He'd be way less than thrilled to be surprised with it. "I decided we are doing this, and I don't care what you think!" Nah, that doesn't fly in my family.

No, it's not corny for a wife to plan a surprise, you know your relationship and what will and won't work.

My guess is you can try contacting the events manager for the ship. Use the address in the sticky on the first page about meet and greets. They may be able to give you some ideas of what they can do and any associated costs.

Assuming you're already LEGALLY married, there is no real "upside" to a pricey 'renewal"....you can find the place of your choice and simply restate your vows! A renewal isn't legal...so you won't really need officials or whatnot!

I can think of so many more things to do with money than paying for a renewal of vows! But what do I know? I've only been married for 43 years!

Corny or sweet depends on your relationship, lol. But, a surprise vow renewal is really not a good idea. I am thinking your DH would probably want to be prepared with something to say at a sentimental event such as a vow renewal.

Was thinking more along the lines of asking him to remarry me in a restaurant or something ?? Is that better ? With the kids involved ?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

I'm a married guy and I am average; therefore, I think I can speak for the average married guy when I say: "We're on vacation, babe ... no surprises, public speaking, or undue attention during our quiet, relaxing family cruise, please. I love you and you love me ... no one else's business. Now, let's order dessert."

I'm a married guy and I am average; therefore, I think I can speak for the average married guy when I say: "We're on vacation, babe ... no surprises, public speaking, or undue attention during our quiet, relaxing family cruise, please. I love you and you love me ... no one else's business. Now, let's order dessert."

Ditto.

A suggestion might be to wait until you are at home, discuss it with your husband and then you can have family AND friends attend the ceremony.