Magnifica - is it safe?

CoupleUK

Currently on B2B Magnifica 11 night cruises.

Last week, we had a cabin at the rear of the ship.

Every time the ship entered or exited a port the vibration of the ship was the worse I've experienced in 20+ cruises.

Tugs were needed to dock/depart every port.

Ketakolon was cancelled due to "bad weather".

Now, on the second leg of our B2B we have a cabin at the front.

There was a medical emergency last night which resulted in a brief unscheduled stop at a port around Cannes.

Now, we've just been advised our port stop at Barcelona has been cancelled for this afternoon.

Whilst I appreciate that safety comes first, I do wonder whether this ship has a serious fault which is limiting it's capabilities.

No problem on Splendida last month.

As a side issue, there have been no refunds of port charges.

We have experienced all of the things that you have mentioned at one point or another (just not all on the same cruise!).

More than once, we've had ports canceled due to bad weather (on beautiful, clear and sunny days, but where the currents or winds deemed the operation unsafe). We've had diversions due to medical emergencies which made the next port of call unreachable in a timely fashion without compromising the rest of the itinerary. We've been on ships (even brand new ones) where the vibrations were so strong that things were knocked off the vanity, and light fixtures detached from the wall. And on and on...

While it seems like a bout of bad luck, I can reasonably see all of these things happening on the same cruise. Based on the information given, I don't see anything that would make me question the safety of your ship.

About the port charges, we've seen refunds in the form of an onboard credit at the end of the cruise as well as paper checks delivered to our home address weeks after the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Tapi

• 2 weeks later...