Lots of kids on Alaska Cruise?

allyg

There were only 3 or 4 kids that were on the June 16 Alaska sailing. There were two staff that were very attentive and the kids seemed to be having a ball. The staff said they had it pretty easy that trip and that there were a couple dozen on the next trip, as noted in Cruseforme’s link to the other post. Unless they were eating or going between ship venues we rarely saw them.

There could not possibly be more than on an NCL Carribean cruise I took last year. I can't imagine children will take over an O ship, especially the smaller R class ships. If there are a lot of children, I hope they would be well behaved.

John

My brother and SIL were on Regatta in early June and said there were a lot of (poorly behaved) kids onboard.

That's odd. Usually kids are still in school in early June. We have gone on two early June cruises and there were no kids. The explorer program starts late June into July.

We just returned from a July Alaska run on regatta and there were over 50 kids. They were much better behaved than many of the adults and it was great to share a cruise with them (the kids). O had a fine program of activities for the kids and they seemed to involve themselves in it. It did surprise us to see the kids as they have been invisible in our previous cruises by not being there. I guess some of these parents/grandparents are doing a good job in managing their young ones and it is the luck of the draw if you run into the badly behaved.

Almost any cruise line will have kid's on an Alaska cruise-it's just a great cruise for kid's.

We've been on the first cruise of the season, May-June three times and never had any kids.

Wise choices can work in your favor.

Edited by orchestrapal

We were in Nice, France a few years ago, and I noticed a large fenced area on the beach. Inside the "caged" area were children. Running free on the beach were dogs..................perfect! Maybe O could try this.

We were in Nice, France a few years ago, and I noticed a large fenced area on the beach. Inside the "caged" area were children. Running free on the beach were dogs..................perfect! Maybe O could try this.

OH NO Please no dogs running free on the ships :eek:

That's hilarious!

I just returned from the July 8-15, 2018, Alaska cruise on the Regatta. The cruise director told me that there were 70 kids on board (under 18). 20 of them were enrolled in a kids program that was headquartered in the card room between to the computer room and spa on Deck 9. I am definitely not a kid person, but every child I saw was well-behaved. About half were speaking a foreign language. In Toscana one night there was a table of 6 adults and next to it was a table for 6 (or 8?) kids, right next to my table for two at the very back. The kids were very well-mannered and quiet.

In the kids room (the sign said "No Parents Allowed,") I observed the kids eating pizza, watching movies, and playing games. They seemed to be having a fun time. There were two Oceania staff members in charge of the kids.

The cruise was full, fantastic, but never once were the kids a problem.