forward stateroom on deck 7, Marina

GeorgesGal

I'm looking at a transatlantic on board Marina in April, 2017 and have questions:

has anyone stayted in 7001, 02 or 03 on a T/A? If so, was there much movement that far forward? We had hoped to get one of the B3's toward the stern, but those were not available.

Also, with an eastbound T/A, would the starboard side be less windy than the port? That is my assumption, but could be wrong!

Thanks for any input!

I'm looking at a transatlantic on board Marina in April' date=' 2017 and have questions:

has anyone stayted in 7001, 02 or 03 on a T/A? If so, was there much movement that far forward? We had hoped to get one of the B3's toward the stern, but those were not available.

Also, with an eastbound T/A, would the starboard side be less windy than the port? That is my assumption, but could be wrong!

Thanks for any input![/quote']

We have stayed in both 7000 & 7001 and, yes, there is more movement since it is as far forward as you can be and still in a cabin. Wind - the apparent wind (from the speed of the ship) is always there and the solid steel railing deflects most of it but reduces your vision if you are sitting down. You do get to see where you are going and any docking brings a bit of noise from the forward windlasses when they take up the strain on the lines. We like it, but it is not to everyone's taste. Relax and enjoy your trip!

We were in 7002 on the Marina during a couple of months ago. We felt a lot more motion as the ship sped ahead. The wind often blew too hard to sit outside when the ship was moving fast. However our extended balcony was very nice when the ship was in port or moving slowly. We asked and received 2 loungers which we enjoyed. Our view was less impeded than 7000 since it wasn't as blocked by the structure of the ship.

We have stayed in both 7000 & 7001 and, yes, there is more movement since it is as far forward as you can be and still in a cabin. Wind - the apparent wind (from the speed of the ship) is always there and the solid steel railing deflects most of it but reduces your vision if you are sitting down. You do get to see where you are going and any docking brings a bit of noise from the forward windlasses when they take up the strain on the lines. We like it, but it is not to everyone's taste. Relax and enjoy your trip!

This response obviously refers to Deck 7 on the R ships. On Marina and Riviera, cabins 7000 and 7001 are situated very differently.

134416.jpg124858.jpg

This response obviously refers to Deck 7 on the R ships. On Marina and Riviera, cabins 7000 and 7001 are situated very differently.

134416.jpg124858.jpg

Absolutely right, Jim & Stan, thanks for correcting my response with a picture! It was 8000 and 8001 in Marina & Riviera and 7000 & 7001 on the R class ships.:eek:

Hi, I have stayed in 7001 on Insignia and then signed up for 8001 for March this year, because I love the view of a morning, coming into a sunrise :)

Unfortunately there was an air conditioning defect under 8001 at that time, and to sleep we put pillows over the a/c outlet near the door. We made an impassioned plea and were compensated. Eventually. I am sure this is not usually a problem, and I have not read of it on the forums since, so I am sure it is fixed.

There was not a great deal of noise on Marina, but on Insignia there was chain/anchor noise and thruster noise, but it was understandable, brief and while we were awake.

The threat of the a/c being noisy is the only reason I would not choose it again.

NB I did notice the room had been re-designated to an A rather than a B1 going forward.

Thank you, all, for your answers and clarification! It is most appreciated. Now another question to those who have done TA's in the Spring (I've only done one in late October): how are the seas? I realize this crossing is going at a lower latitude, so hoping it will be a smooth crossing, smooth being relative, of course.