What happened to Sirena?

rogfam

I just checked the Oceania website. There are 16 cruises on Sirena from Oct 3rd, 2017 to Apr 15th, 2018.

Cheers,

Don

My computer still shows nothing for those days, no idea why.

My computer still shows nothing for those days, no idea why.

Nothing past October of '17 is up there for Sirena now.

They're obviously doing maintenance on the Site.

What the changes will be, we just have to wait and see-

Could be any number of things.

I have booked a Tahiti cruise on Serena in Feb 2018 and now not only does the cruise not show up on the site but when I go to my Booked Cruises the site just locks up. They should show me something since I have a deposit with them, even it is just says your reservation number and deposit and tentative itinerary. I hope they get this fixed soon. I do know they changed the itinerary on the same basic cruise in Feb 2017 as I have been following that thread to see what excursions they were researching and now they are all scrambling to redo their independent excursions.

FYI, Celebrity just announced starting next Spring 2017 they will be sailing the Caribbean all year long. To do this they are using a ship that has been spending the summer season in Europe. So, all the itineraries in Europe and both TAs are cancelled. Needless to say, a lot of passengers are not happy.

We are in the process of making itinerary enhancements and have temporarily removed select sailings from the website. We will have more information on the enhancements in early August, and we will be in contact with booked guests at that time. We appreciate your patience until then.

We are in the process of making itinerary enhancements and have temporarily removed select sailings from the website. We will have more information on the enhancements in early August, and we will be in contact with booked guests at that time. We appreciate your patience until then.

Thanks for the update. Appears that there will be major changes ahead.

I love the term "enhancements."

I certainly hope they are not changing dates -- since we are booked on a back to back Tahiti-Auckland-Sydney.

Of course it hasn't "disappeared" :cool:

This is the link to it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2361251

Beat you :D

Just a wild guess -- they will swap Sirena for Marina on those itins. Might even do a circumnavigate around Australia which was a big hit.

Edited by PaulMCO

No it is still there:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2361251

You just have to go to the bottom of the page ad do a search for last 2 months instead of the default last 30 days.

Ah, thanks. Booking over a year and half out, I should have suspected it was just a dormant roll call! I would be fine if your guess pans out and there is a swap of Sirena for Marina, but I did like the timing and itineary and hope that stays as is.

Was just on the O web site. Not only have the early 2018 Sirena and Marina cruises disappeared but so have the 2018 Regatta cruises. Also Regatta and Sirena are back in Miami around same time -- early Oct. (could be a swap of ship of these two)

Edited by PaulMCO

Got the following from my TA today. So for my cruise the Marina is replacing the Sirena.

IMPORTANT UPDATE TO YOUR RESERVATION

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

We would like to advise you of an important update to your aforementioned reservation.

Upon reviewing our Winter 2017-2018 itineraries, we have decided to implement some enhancements in order to provide an enriched guest experience. In essence, we have improved the cruise options by reassigning some of our ships to varied destinations. As a result of these enhancements, your cruise scheduled to sail on Sirena will now operate on Marina.

For guests currently booked on this sailing, we will be adjusting your reservation to reflect this change. A new invoice will be sent to you within the next few days that will reflect complete details, including a new reservation number. We have protected your original promotion that includes the cruise fare and applicable amenities.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please contact Oceania Cruises if you have any questions.

Warmest Regards,

Carlos Ortega

Vice President, Passenger Services

Oceania Cruises

Got the following from my TA today. So for my cruise the Marina is replacing the Sirena.

IMPORTANT UPDATE TO YOUR RESERVATION

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

We would like to advise you of an important update to your aforementioned reservation.

Upon reviewing our Winter 2017-2018 itineraries, we have decided to implement some enhancements in order to provide an enriched guest experience. In essence, we have improved the cruise options by reassigning some of our ships to varied destinations. As a result of these enhancements, your cruise scheduled to sail on Sirena will now operate on Marina.

For guests currently booked on this sailing, we will be adjusting your reservation to reflect this change. A new invoice will be sent to you within the next few days that will reflect complete details, including a new reservation number. We have protected your original promotion that includes the cruise fare and applicable amenities.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please contact Oceania Cruises if you have any questions.

Warmest Regards,

Carlos Ortega

Vice President, Passenger Services

Oceania Cruises

How did they reassign the staterooms since they are going from a R ship to the O class?

I have not seen what we will have. I posted all I got. I figure we had the lowest class of balcony on Sirena so should get the same thing on Marina. But until they send the updated invoice, I am only guessing.

Having two cabins booked on the former 12/22/2017 Sirena Tahiti sailing and not having heard anything from O or my TA, today I called O. They have in fact switched to the Marina. Unfortunately, the dates are quite different. Our 12-day Christmas / New Year family trip was rebooked to 2/13/2018. Some enhancement! :(

Time to call Mr. Gauguin!