Riviera Disembarkation in Barcelona Timing

kjgazzdall

We are cruising Riviera in October with our disembarkation in Barcelona. The boat is set to land at 8 a.m. We are staying at Hilton Barcelona overnight with a hotel transfer included with our booking. I scheduled a lunch to start at 1:30 p.m. (about 1 mile away) though we can't check into our hotel until 3:00 p.m. My question is, will the timing all work out okay? Will we be able to get off the ship, drop our bags at the hotel, and get to our lunch reservation on time? Thanks in advance to any advice!

We ended a cruise on Riviera last year in Barcelona also. Disembarkation went very smoothly for us- by 9:15 I believe all passengers were off the ship. I don't think you should have any problem making your lunch reservation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We disembarked last month from Riviera in Barcelona. We were at our hotel and dropped off our bags by 10am. You will have lots of time to explore/shop before your lunch.

Do you know what the earliest time was for disembarkation, I assume that the ship docks before 8am. We have a flight out of Barcelona arranged by O at 11.05.

Do you know what the earliest time was for disembarkation, I assume that the ship docks before 8am. We have a flight out of Barcelona arranged by O at 11.05.

On 3rd July 2016 we chose the 7.30 am disembarking time. I think the ship docked about 6.30 am. No problem, quickly through customs etc. took a taxi to the airport and was there before 9 am for a 11.15 am flight.

Had a similar experience with our Dec 2nd 2015 Barcelona disembarkation.

• 7 months later...

We booked our air through Oceania and they have us on a 10:10 am flight out of Barcelona. For those of you who have disembarked in Barcelona, what is the earliest time we would be able to disembark? I have heard it is really simple to do a taxi - although I am concerned with the timing - would we be better off doing the Oceania transfer?

Then Barcelona airport El Prat is a little more than 9 miles from the usual cruise ship docking location. Once out of the city it is an expressway all the way to BOTH airport terminal locations. Having done it several times I would agree with simply taking a taxi rather than waiting for a bunch of passengers to board a bus.