Privée surcharge

plimsol

We've done Privee on Marina with some folks on our roll call. It was a nice evening with great food and conversation in a private setting. My only caveat is that you may want to check out pictures of the decor (or in person) before committing. Of course, decorating taste is a personal matter. But, IMO, that room is way too gaudy.

A couple years ago, we had the privilege of dining with fellow CC posters in Privée. The décor might not be to everyone's taste but the service and fellowship made up for a close friendship we formed while on the cruise.

The charge at that time was $250 and I was curious if it was still the same.

Thanks for all your feedback.

We recently sailed Marina and were privileged to be invited to an in suite cocktail party followed by Privee. We really enjoyed the fine food and intimate dining experience.

I didn't think the room was gaudy but red was the predominate color. The art work was a little edgy.

We recently sailed Marina and were privileged to be invited to an in suite cocktail party followed by Privee. We really enjoyed the fine food and intimate dining experience.

I didn't think the room was gaudy but red was the predominate color. The art work was a little edgy.

Predominantly Red :confused:

How many drinks did you have?

Riviera-Privee-7868.JPG

Technically sammiedawg is right, as white is not a color and the carpet and the decoration on the table is red, red is the predominant color. I personally like this room, and dishes will be fine here too as it's a mix from Polo Grill and Toscana.

Technically sammiedawg is right, as white is not a color and the carpet and the decoration on the table is red, red is the predominant color. I personally like this room, and dishes will be fine here too as it's a mix from Polo Grill and Toscana.

Well it's not really white, it's Eggshell, and that's a color.

I have reserved an evening in Privee for my upcoming cruise, and the cost was $250. Does anyone have first-hand knowledge of whether they charged the corkage fee for bottles of wine you brought on board yourself?

Yes- had to pay the corkage fee in Priveé on Marina earlier this year.

I have reserved an evening in Privee for my upcoming cruise, and the cost was $250. Does anyone have first-hand knowledge of whether they charged the corkage fee for bottles of wine you brought on board yourself?

the fee covers the private room & personal waitstaff

Maybe if you are special they wave the corkage fee but all others pay just like in the other dining venues

Maybe if you are special they wave the corkage fee but all others pay just like in the other dining venues

The Passenger does not need to be special to avoid the corkage fee, but the Wine does-

By that I mean that if you've purchased bottles of wine ashore which are distinctive or unique, the fee is almost always waived.

If your imported wine is largely similar or a duplicate of what the ship has on offer in its' Cellars, the fee stands.

The Passenger does not need to be special to avoid the corkage fee, but the Wine does-

By that I mean that if you've purchased bottles of wine ashore which are distinctive or unique, the fee is almost always waived.

If your imported wine is largely similar or a duplicate of what the ship has on offer in its' Cellars, the fee stands.

I'm bringing Cliff Lede Stardust Heaven Cabernet. Maybe special enough?

it's from FRANCE!!!

seriously, I don't know, but all 10 of us marvelled at it!

I like all the butter on board as it is unsalted, and tastes SO good on all the wonderful breads, but especially the baguettes. I always say we're going to switch to unsalted at home, but we never do!

Edited by tropicalkerry2002

it's from FRANCE!!!

seriously, I don't know, but all 10 of us marvelled at it!

I like all the butter on board as it is unsalted, and tastes SO good on all the wonderful breads, but especially the baguettes. I always say we're going to switch to unsalted at home, but we never do!

LOL

I thought the butter in Polo in the pots was good I suspect it is probably from France as well

We use unsalted at home ;)