More "Choices"

LHT28

I noticed now they are advertising the cruise only fare (+ taxes) so no need to go through contortions to find out the air credit ;)

The deal with the O Life Ultimate Choice may work better for some people but no deal on the O Life Choice program

More fine print to read before you book

Might be a good time to drop the over inflated Brochure Prices listed & 2-1 marketing ...JMO

Might be a good time to drop the over inflated Brochure Prices listed & 2-1 marketing ...JMO

I always thought that this was a pretty transparent gimmick - not worthy of a cruise line like Oceania. Certainly not now any more as they are well established and do not need gimmicks like that. We deserve more credit than that for seeing through that particular advertising scheme :D

JMO

Edited by Paulchili

I noticed now they are advertising the cruise only fare (+ taxes) so no need to go through contortions to find out the air credit ;)

The deal with the O Life Ultimate Choice may work better for some people but no deal on the O Life Choice program

More fine print to read before you book

I just looked on the O website at one of the South America cruises at the end of this year, which includes "ultimate O Life." The first prices you see still are the prices including airfare. You still have to go to "plan my cruise" to get the option to choose no airfare.

So, your statement above is confusing. Please provide some additional detail.

I always thought that this was a pretty transparent gimmick - not worthy of a cruise line like Oceania. Certainly not now any more as they are well established and do not need gimmicks like that. We deserve more credit than that for seeing through that particular advertising scheme :D

JMO

There's no greater gimmick than the 2 for 1 fares they advertise and many people still fall for. Why wouldn't they perpetrate O Life gimmicks too?

I just looked on the O website at one of the South America cruises at the end of this year, which includes "ultimate O Life." The first prices you see still are the prices including airfare. You still have to go to "plan my cruise" to get the option to choose no airfare.

So, your statement above is confusing. Please provide some additional detail.

Perhaps LHT28 is referring to the paper brochures that we get in the mail?

My awesome TA got me the O Life promo without the air. Got an amazing air credit. Can't fly coach long-haul as I get migraines. So they gave us back a huge air credit and we still get the other O life promos.

At first my TA said they were unwilling to budge but he escalated it and got us the credit plus and additional obc. Really made me happy with O. Unfortunately premium coach does not cut it, so it was great they were willing to be flexible with my medical issue. It is my first O cruise and starts things of great that they are accommodating.

My awesome TA got me the O Life promo without the air. Got an amazing air credit. Can't fly coach long-haul as I get migraines. So they gave us back a huge air credit and we still get the other O life promos.

At first my TA said they were unwilling to budge but he escalated it and got us the credit plus and additional obc. Really made me happy with O. Unfortunately premium coach does not cut it, so it was great they were willing to be flexible with my medical issue. It is my first O cruise and starts things of great that they are accommodating.

That is odd that they would try to force you to take the air

Most of the time you decline the air get the credit & still get the perks

JMO

I agree time to try some new marketing ploy but I bet they still catch a few unsuspecting people with the 2-1 deal :D

It is time to end the gimmicky pricing and I even find the "free air" slightly deceptive. The air is free only if you depart from a gateway airport and accept whatever itinerary you get. I booked my first Oceania cruise with a high volume O agent who set me straight on the pitfalls of "free air".

I also use an Internet agency and appreciate that they sell Oceania as a cruise only product. I go to their site to figure out what the cruise really costs.

We have the O life for the first time on an upcoming cruise that we booked just prior to the rollout of O life. Our TA secured the package for a modest up charge. We always take an air credit so I didn't understand the previous post about how an air credit impedes getting the O life package.

I think O life rolled out to compete with the more inclusive Viking Oceans.

I feel a little bit sorry for Viking Oceans. Half of their itineraries are in the Med and they used Istanbul as a port of embarkation. I've noticed their prices have really dropped.

It is time to end the gimmicky pricing and I even find the "free air" slightly deceptive. The air is free only if you depart from a gateway airport and accept whatever itinerary you get. I booked my first Oceania cruise with a high volume O agent who set me straight on the pitfalls of "free air".

I also use an Internet agency and appreciate that they sell Oceania as a cruise only product. I go to their site to figure out what the cruise really costs.

Sorry Sammie, the air is certainly not free, it is included and if you don't take the air credit, you are paying for the air within the cruise price. True it does cost more if you are not living in close proximity to one of the Gateway airports but, for sure using the term "free" is a misnomer.

Personally, I hate it when a cruise line includes air. It's never nice. It's usually 6 am, coach, multiple transfers, and arriving on the same day as the cruise so it's stressful if there are any delays. There's a reason why it's cheap (see the sentence ahead of this one). IMO it's a detriment when I'm choosing a cruise line.

Personally, I hate it when a cruise line includes air. It's never nice. It's usually 6 am, coach, multiple transfers, and arriving on the same day as the cruise so it's stressful if there are any delays. There's a reason why it's cheap (see the sentence ahead of this one). IMO it's a detriment when I'm choosing a cruise line.

The above would only be true if you had to take O's air and had no choice about it.

Fortunately you do have a choice and if you think that it is "never nice", simply choose to get the air credit and buy your own air.

Cruise line "included air" problem solved :)

it is not all bad ..you can pay the deviation fee & pick the flight routing& times YOU want

You have to compare pricing & what work best for YOU