Is there a quality/similar message board for A-I resorts?

LSKC

We are looking into an A-I resort (Barcelo Maya Palace to be precise) and I have not been able to find detailed trip reports like the beautiful ones posted here. Do any exist? With photos and details about the restaurants and accomodations, etc? We are very lucky to have this Cruise Critic website for our cruising resource spot.

Trip advisor is one of the biggest forums and you'll find that a good resource. This resort is near Puerto Aventuras so that would be your best option if you want to ask questions in the forum. You may also get feedback on the Playa Del Carmen forum which is to the north.

You will find tons of reviews just by searching for the resort name, be sure to look at the most recent reviews.

Enjoy your visit! Beautiful area, and Xpu-Ha or La Playa is our favorite beach in the area and there are many cenote.

a huge portion of the reviews on TA are fake. The Mexico forums are especially bad being populated with destination interests making self serving posts.

geeko is greatly exaggerating. There are always going to be self-promotions and fake reviews against competitors - on any public forum. Users of public forums must use some common sense when researching to get the information they are seeking. The vast majority of reviews and posts on TA are from people like you and I.

I'm sure you will want to flame me for not agreeing with you and that's fine. But the statement "A huge portion..." is simply ridiculous.