MV Sea Spirit - Antarctica review with HEAPS of photos.

AussieVisi2r

Hello all,

I'm doing a huge review of my recent trip to Iguazu Falls, Antarctica and Around the Horn. With tonnes of photos.

10413379_10153945141617829_8568798106318413482_n.jpg?oh=015ab1ab128a865e96a0bb1a75fbb9f6&oe=57B0364B

It's on the Royal Caribbean page....so I though I would let you know.

Trip was on Poseidon Expeditions ship MV Sea Spirit, and was the MOST amazing experience ever. I saw so much - Whales, Ice, Penguins, Seals..........

Here is the link if your interested.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2342959

Cheers,

Raina

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Loved you photos and narrative. We will be going from Santiago to Buenos Aires thus December for 24 days on Seabourn do this is all getting excited about for first trip to Antarctica. Can you tell me who you used for you Ushuaia tours. And we just have one day there -- I know you said it would hard to chose your favorite --- but if pressed which would it be? There are six of us and we are all active people who love the outdoors and animals.

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much for taking the time to do such a wonderful trip report. I read and thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.

Antarctica is definitely on my list of much visit places. I checked out some itineraries for Poseidon and other lines and it seems like Antarctica and the Falklands requires a trip of at least 3 weeks. For those of us with limited vacation time, do you think a shorter itinerary that just goes to Antarctica from Ushuaia is worth it? I'm also curious about whether there were any kids (teens and tweens really, since I would imagine young kids would be bored) on-board.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do such a wonderful trip report. I read and thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.

Antarctica is definitely on my list of much visit places. I checked out some itineraries for Poseidon and other lines and it seems like Antarctica and the Falklands requires a trip of at least 3 weeks. For those of us with limited vacation time, do you think a shorter itinerary that just goes to Antarctica from Ushuaia is worth it? I'm also curious about whether there were any kids (teens and tweens really, since I would imagine young kids would be bored) on-board.

Hi Bcakes,

Absolutely.

A trip from Ushuaia and return would be fantastic. To see the ice is amazing. There is so much to see your head will be full.

And you will still se plenty of penguins.

There was only one young teen on our trip but he had fun. The adults all interacted with him. There was heaps of cards and bard games being played. And this kid had a small DVD player with them.

So yes. Do it.!

Hurtigruten's Fram does an Ushuaia - Falklands - South Georgia - Antarctica -Ushuaia trip that is absolutely excellent. All three destinations are very different from each other and well worth the time and expense of getting there. If you expect to make it to Antarctica just the once, then this is the itinerary to aim for. But a lot of us thought it would be just the one trip, and got it wrong!

We have never come across many youngsters on any of our trips, but those we have seen seemed to be involved. You are probably best placed to know how your child(ren) would react.

Thank you both for your thoughts. It will be several years before my son is old enough for a trip like this (which is just as well because we'll need to do some saving to afford it) -- but in the meantime he was delighted by the wildlife photos in the trip report. Especially the baby seals, which had us both literally squealing with delight.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello all,

I'm doing a huge review of my recent trip to Iguazu Falls, Antarctica and Around the Horn. With tonnes of photos.

10413379_10153945141617829_8568798106318413482_n.jpg?oh=015ab1ab128a865e96a0bb1a75fbb9f6&oe=57B0364B

It's on the Royal Caribbean page....so I though I would let you know.

Trip was on Poseidon Expeditions ship MV Sea Spirit, and was the MOST amazing experience ever. I saw so much - Whales, Ice, Penguins, Seals..........

Here is the link if your interested.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2342959

Cheers,

Raina

This was a great review, it is great to see fellow Canberran's journeying around the world :-). I have read it about 5 times over the past couple of months, envying all of the wonderful photos each time.

We have now booked a similar journey. Not until Feb 2018, and on a slightly different ship (Ponant), but we are really looking forward to it.

Thank you again for the inspiration!

This was a great review, it is great to see fellow Canberran's journeying around the world :-). I have read it about 5 times over the past couple of months, envying all of the wonderful photos each time.

We have now booked a similar journey. Not until Feb 2018, and on a slightly different ship (Ponant), but we are really looking forward to it.

Thank you again for the inspiration!

Sir Magoo

Greetings from Canberra. I'm glad you enjoyed my travels. I look forward to your trip.

Are you a member of our Canberra cruisers group?? If you go to THAT other social media page and search ACT Cruisers you will find us. We drink monthly at the Yacht Club!

And chat about our trips!

Raina