TUI Discovery 2 - Junior Suite advice

Hi everyone. Back three weeks from my first cruise in Disco2 and loved it! Just booked again for two weeks next May and treated myself to a Junior Suite. Can anyone give me any advice on the best location/number to request. There are only 2 of us and would like a quiet room / sunny balcony if such a room exists :D. Have read previous threads about the overhang so would like to avoid that is possible!

Ta lots

Jo:cool:

That's spooky,,,I've just booked Iberian treasures for this August on the Disco 2 and opted for a junior suite,,I was going to ask the same question about location. Funnily enough a junior suite was a little bit cheaper than a normal balcony cabin so I thought why not,,never had any kind of suite before on any ship!

Don't be too close to the pool bar entertainment. The non stop, intrusive noise will drive you crazy! We had 8054 I think, nice room, shame about the noise! As for sun, I guess it depends on which way the ship is heading![emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

the overhang ends at cabin 8042 which does effect the sun if this helps and on iberian treasures you mainly dock on the starboard side, apart from lisbon sorry can't help with jr suites, we got a brilliant upgrade price and went in grand suites and they were brilliant, you get the prem service in the jr suites ie prem check in at the port, 3 items ironed per week in first 24 hours and also 1 continental breakfast each per week on a day of your choice, the ship has left gibraltar later than in the brochure time, we left at 21.15 and the last it left at 23:45

Why do I never think about these things :o was there noise from the pool bar late into the night?

Yes, totally intrusive sorry to say. Made sitting on the balcony a slightly unpleasant experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Got home last weekend from a week on Discovery 2 in Junior Suite 8050. We didn't notice any obtrusive noise from the pool, but now and again heard what we think was a catering trolley being wheeled from the kitchen in the Glass House (above us) through to Snack Shack! This wouldn't put us off booking this cabin again as we liked the location as well as the cabin itself.

The balcony wasn't under the overhang, but the amount of sun obviously changed throughout the day as the sun moved round, and depending on which was the ship was docked.

We had junior suite 8038. It was midship very near the lifts and stairs. Hardly heard a thing all week. Yes it had the overhang but sun shone on the balcony first thing and about 5/6pm. Great location and would book it again.

Hi

How big would you say the balconies you had were? Do you know if the junior suites at the stern have slightly larger ones?

Cheers Tom and Rose

Definitely much larger but see my other reply regarding aft deluxe balcony cabins before you book a junior suite. :)