New name for Thomson Cruises

On the facebook discovery site people have reported receiving emails asking them about a new name for the company, the names mentioned are Orion, Meridian and Evolution. I was under the impression it was going to be called TUI but that is already the name of the German operation.

Seems odd why call Discovery and Discovery 2 TUI dropping the Thomson name and then want another name If that's the case why can't they just keep the Thomson name for British ships Not keen on any of those names just quoted

I thought the new name was going to be TUI with the Tsmile logo.

In any case those suggested names sound more like names for a ship not a company - could it be the rename for MeinSchiff 2 I dont think we can cope with a Discovery 3 or Explorer 2 the roll calls are bad enough to negotiate as it is :D

I agree they do sound more like ship names I'm sure they wouldn't have been changing over TUI so slowly if they were then going to find a new company name

To follow on from Explorer why not Endeavour and Expedition?

Hmm Evolution Explorer

Evolution Tui Discovery 2

Has a nice ring to it or is it a clanger being dropped!

Miller Cruiser (You are on my spreadsheet!!) Hope you said they were rubbish names How about Cruisy McCruisyface Cruises Plc.

• 1 month later...

Thought I would give this a kick! anyone heard anything?

I spotted this slipped in to (para 4) the "news" was from back in March!

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/276144/tui-explorer-to-join-thomson-cruises-fleet-next-year

BUT Wiki says

The Thomson brand, as well as other many other TUI-owned brands, are due to be phased out by 2018. TUI-owned brands will operate under the single TUI name.[5]

Which is attributed to a 2015 BBC news item

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32731765

The last two suggest it will be TUI AND

this big spread suggests TUI

http://tui.thomson.co.uk/#q3

By November, the Thomson name will pretty much disappear and everything will be TUI. Thomson Airways becomes TUI fly UK. As to what happens to Thomson Cruises??? I'd guess it will become TUI Cruises UK, but these other names might suggest otherwise.

Reread my last link and think that just relates to Thomson Holidays? but found somewhere

one could comment and they appear to reply . I have asked them and am currently under

moderation LOL but I have an AI drinks package !!! sorry couldnt resist.

I was also going to ask if now that they had bigger ships were any going out to the Far East any time soon. Then I wondered about N US up to Quebec then remembered my own rule - just ask one question at a time or they will answer none.

I would guess that if Thomson is going to dropped from the ship names then it could be during the next round of wet/docks? However would TUI go to the expense of this for the chartered ships especially as they may be leaving the fleet in the next few years.

I would guess that if Thomson is going to dropped from the ship names then it could be during the next round of wet/docks? However would TUI go to the expense of this for the chartered ships especially as they may be leaving the fleet in the next few years.

It is easy to change the name on the ship, they should have the correct paint colours aboard, just do it on a changeover day.

It is easy to change the name on the ship, they should have the correct paint colours aboard, just do it on a changeover day.

Not just so simple.

The registry fees just for a change of name won't be much, rebranding everything on board with the thomson name on will be quite a task though (think lifejackets etc just for a start).

Surely TUI will wait until Spirit Majesty Celebration and Dream leave the fleet before dropping the Thomson name completely as they won't want to reregister the old ships just wait until they are replaced

I agree.

They have introduced the TUI brand in the naming of the three new ships, and I think they will just phase out the Thomson name as the leased ships leave the fleet.