Charter Navigator May 30, 2019 - June 8, 2019

They also do nothing to respond to either Public or Private messages on their own FB page. They post things but don't respond to any questions from their Loyal Followers :)

Suggest calling your TA. As Rachel indicated, the ship is not totally chartered. We are going on a cruise in August. with a group that has chartered part of the ship and we definitely will be receiving points for every night that we spend onboard. I do have a one question ....... did you book through the group that chartered part of the ship or through Regent or a TA?

Edited by Travelcat2

Dave, they do not charter the whole ship. They are just a group on the ship.

Now if a group chartered the entire ship, I can see the not getting benefits thing. Which with navigator being a smaller ship, I guess would be easier to do.

This is why I am doubting I will get any credit or benefits of being a past cruiser. They tell me they have Chartered the entire ship. Only time will tell if that turns out to be the case.

I booked this yesterday, also through the Museum. Based on the call with them 1) they are chartering the entire ship, 2) it can only be booked through them 3) Sea Sevens Society nights will not accrue. They are offering the benefits of suite tier, ie Penthouse and above will get some priority in early reservations for dining an tours. Based on this I agree with JVIlle Gal and do not expect to accrue days or get my Gold level perks on this trip. Still, I booked this for the cruise, and benefits that the Charter is offering, and will be happy with that. That said, things could change and they might give credit which would be upside to me. Also on my call with the Museum travel team, I was told they have not even begun national marketing, only their web site has this and they are hopeful to be sold out this year. We will see.

PS got my favorite Navigator Suite!

I booked this yesterday, also through the Museum. Based on the call with them 1) they are chartering the entire ship, 2) it can only be booked through them 3) Sea Sevens Society nights will not accrue. They are offering the benefits of suite tier, ie Penthouse and above will get some priority in early reservations for dining an tours. Based on this I agree with JVIlle Gal and do not expect to accrue days or get my Gold level perks on this trip. Still, I booked this for the cruise, and benefits that the Charter is offering, and will be happy with that. That said, things could change and they might give credit which would be upside to me. Also on my call with the Museum travel team, I was told they have not even begun national marketing, only their web site has this and they are hopeful to be sold out this year. We will see.

PS got my favorite Navigator Suite!

Thanks for the confirmation as that was the info about the Charter that I got too. The entire ship is being Chartered. :)

While I have my doubts that this group can fill the ship, I am writing to get information on this cruise due to my DH's interest. It does not matter to us whether we get Seven Seas Society nights or not but I understand that this is a big deal for some people).

P.S. Just looked at the website for this cruise. Does it even include airfare? Port fees and taxes are extra - obviously not "normal" on Regent. Also, the prices for a 10 night cruise are over the top. My interest in this cruise is waning fast!

While I have my doubts that this group can fill the ship, I am writing to get information on this cruise due to my DH's interest. It does not matter to us whether we get Seven Seas Society nights or not but I understand that this is a big deal for some people).

Oh Jackie! How fun to have you along :) hope you decide to book.

Oh Jackie! How fun to have you along :) hope you decide to book.

My DH is one of the children that was evacuated from London the day before the city was bombed. He was away from his family for 3 years. We have attended a few reunions with others that were in the same situation as Dennis but did not necessarily have the same great experience that he did. Obviously, this would be a great cruise for him. On the not so positive side, he and I both dislike the Navigator and, as I posted earlier, the pricing is a bit over the top.

We will discuss this further and see where it leads. It would be great to sail with you:D

Although this does indeed look like a terrific cruise for WWII buffs, it is expensive. For a 9-night cruise in Western Europe, the per diems are quite high. :eek:

According to the T's & C's in the brochure, air is not included: "As indicated below, airfare to and from the tour destination is not included in your tour fare."

It is reasonable to expect that neither will the days be counted towards tier status nor will the usual benefits of tier status (free telephone, laundry, etc.) be available, if it is in fact a full-ship charter. When my company (a few years ago, prior to my retirement) chartered Navigator for a sales conference, the cruise was not considered a normal "Regent cruise" but rather a cruise offered by the company for its invited employees. In that case, it was the company that determined what benefits various invited employees received, rather than Regent.

Perhaps those policies have changed since that one charter with which I was familiar; but full-ship charters certainly do not operate by the same policies regarding such things as past-passenger status as regular cruises do.

My DH is one of the children that was evacuated from London the day before the city was bombed. He was away from his family for 3 years. We have attended a few reunions with others that were in the same situation as Dennis but did not necessarily have the same great experience that he did. Obviously, this would be a great cruise for him. On the not so positive side, he and I both dislike the Navigator and, as I posted earlier, the pricing is a bit over the top.

We will discuss this further and see where it leads. It would be great to sail with you:D

DH curious what country Dennis was evacuated to?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DH curious what country Dennis was evacuated to?

He was evacuated to Frome (I believe that is in the west of England). It is a lovely little village/town. He was on a farm with another evacuee and got involved in all aspects of working on the farm (his choice - not forced to do it) and went to school there until he was too old and they didn't have a school for him to return to. They then sent him to another place (not sure where) and he hated it and asked his parents to allow him to come home. He went home during the bombing, etc. that was going on in London. Right before the end of the war, he went to a friend's home for Easter week. He called his dad and he thought that he should go home to "get a change of underwear". The next morning, on the way to school, the entire block where his friend lived was gone - flattened by a bomb. I believe that this was either the last bomb dropped or London or one of the last bombs. Sometimes I think that he should write a book and tell his story.

Sorry to get a bit off topic. In any case, not sure if I can "sell" him on a cruise that is already expensive and does not include air. We are doing a cruise in February, 2019 for a very special birthday that will be costly. I still think that the cruise would be quite magical for him.

Get them to send you the Brochure it is very large and lovely. By Sept they will have more details ironed out. We are doing London for about 6 days after (incl the post your) and Amsterdam for about 4 days on our own. Thank god I still have enough Mileage Points for seats up front for the trip across the pond.

David says it was likely a V1 or V2 rocket rather than a bomb. He would love this trip and Magical is how my DH is describing it.

Just checked with Dennis - it was a V2 and was the last one dropped on London (that shows how much I don't know -- I'm a Baby Boomer and know little about WWII).

I can confirm 1) pricing does not include airfare, but it does include transfers if you arrive and depart day of, which we will not. We will likely stay over a week or two to go to Scotland while we are on the other side of the lake. 2) it is pricey, as it is a fund raising event and there is a donation component to the price that is tax deductible, at least for US citizens. I cannot speak for other counties. This is going to appeal to patrons of the museum and history buffs more than the general cruise group.

If you are a regular cruiser, looking for value, this may not be your cup of tea. If you are a WWII enthusiast, this trip with the proposed program and in conjunction with the 75th anniversary of D-Day will be a unique experience.

Will it sell out, who knows. The booking is actually a provisional booking and first invoicing will not occur until September. I have put my deposit down and I am hoping for the best. As a five-time passenger on Navigator it is my favorite ship and one that I think will be perfect for this trip given the stops it will make. I can hardly wait to she this ship in Honfluer harbor. The museum itself, which is in New Orleans, has built up into a fabulous facility and I visit it whenever I am in New Orleans.

I'm a bit of a WW II buff, but far from a die-hard enthusiast. I was looking at this charter earlier, but between the cruise fare, lack of included air, and no accumulation of SSS nights it's a no-go for me, I think.

But it does look like an awesome cruise for the war historians out there.

Got this message from Regent about SSS benefits for the WW2 cruise:

The Navigator sailing on May 30, 2019 is a full-ship charter and will offer exclusive on board programming and events designed by the Museum. For this voyage in particular, a special exception will be offered whereas earned nights and the majority of onboard benefits will be offered with a few minor exceptions, ie. No TPG event, custom air services or private transfer benefits. Further details on specific onboard benefits will be communicated by the Museum, much closer to sailing.

Got this message from Regent about SSS benefits for the WW2 cruise:

The Navigator sailing on May 30, 2019 is a full-ship charter and will offer exclusive on board programming and events designed by the Museum. For this voyage in particular, a special exception will be offered whereas earned nights and the majority of onboard benefits will be offered with a few minor exceptions, ie. No TPG event, custom air services or private transfer benefits. Further details on specific onboard benefits will be communicated by the Museum, much closer to sailing.

Thank for the info.... I've still heard nothing 😏

Really think that you guys should start a Roll Call for this cruise as there will likely be lots of great conversation between now and 2019.

After talking to my DH and reading more about this cruise, it seems that most cruisers will be WWII history buffs (which is fine) rather than people that actually went through the war. This makes sense as there are fewer and fewer of them still around. Dennis would make a better speaker than he would be as a passenger so we will give this cruise a pass. Hope those of you that do this cruise will enjoy every moment!

• 3 months later...

Just a fast update about this Charter. The ship Navigator is completely SOLD OUT and the Museum is currently working with Seabourne to obtain a second ship which will sail a slightly different itinerary so the 2 ships are not tripping over each other.

Holy moly I am blown away and so looking forward to this trip.

Anyone still thinking about join but objected to Navigator can now possibly sail on Seabourne.