Is there really no inexpensive way to get from the airport to the Port of Galveston?

Carleeb12

Do you remember who you used? That is a really good price. My family (family of 5) are going out of Galveston in September and I'd like to get something on the books. Who we have used in the past is not a viable option anymore. Thanks!

THIS IS AN OLD THREAD!

Everything is improving in Galveston:

New hotels, motels in Galveston have been built and more being built and planned.

New hotels, motels between Hobby Airport and close to Galveston have been built, and more being built and planned.

Expanded highway system to/from Galveston (10 lanes between Beltway and Nasa Rd. One).

...and expanding highway to 8 lanes presently past Nasa Rd One into Galveston .

Cruise line sponsored transfer services have expanded to meet demands. between airports and terminals

New and expanded transfer services

New improved cruise terminal # 2

Cruise line's "Sponsored Transfers" same day services between airports terminals have expanded to meet demands.

Private Transfer services are available and expanding services :

Galveston Limo - now has everyday all day transfer services between airports and terminals and hotels.

Galveston Express has good reviews.

Getme

see galveston.com and internet for transfer and other Limo services.

see other posts and threads for referrals from posters .

State of Texas recently passed state wide law lessening defined regulations in favor of uber, etal ( no finger printing required for drivers). Galveston and other cities should have uber back soon.

Rental car situation still needs improvement.

Last time I cruise out of Galveston. I have figured it out though. Rent a car from Airport budget, (AAA, or Boeing discount) $30. Drive to port, drop stuff off, drive back to Texas City Budget, take their shuttle, or Lyft, or Uber, or Get Me, back to port for $20 or so

Last time I cruise out of Galveston. I have figured it out though. Rent a car from Airport budget, (AAA, or Boeing discount) $30. Drive to port, drop stuff off, drive back to Texas City Budget, take their shuttle, or Lyft, or Uber, or Get Me, back to port for $20 or so

Enterprise now has an office on Galveston Island and they have weekend morning hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enterprise now has an office on Galveston Island and they have weekend morning hours.

Yeah, but they want $270 for a car, no matter if you rent for 24 hrs or a hr

Galveston Limo!!!

We are arriving at Houston Hobby and will take the Galveston Limo shuttle from the airport to the Country Inn and Suites and will return to Houston Hobby being picked up at the cruise port upon return to Galveston after our cruise.

Total cost $40 per person when you book on line. (the hotel wanted $95 for the two of us just for a ride to the hotel).

Without a doubt, the cheapest transportation to and from Galveston.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, but they want $270 for a car, no matter if you rent for 24 hrs or a hr

I'm top tier with National and was told basically the same thing. We downsized from our minivan since the last time we drove up there with the kids and there was no way all of our stuff would fit in the back of our Cherokee. We had already ordered a clam for the roof when DW came across a special rate code for teachers and called them. We now have a pair of one way rentals in a minivan, $59 each way, all taxes and fees.

Clam is being returned and we'll save on parking.