Stateroom frustration - any insight?

cheramello

We're cruising for our tenth anniversary. So we had a room on deck 9 (Divina) but it was one of those metal balconies. So I call my TA to see if she can change it. She was out on lunch so another agent offered to help me, and without asking if its ok she downgrades me to cabin 8110. Its an adjoining room, next to a lift, above a club. My TA calls me back and tries to help and MSC cannot switch the cabins back without supervisor approval, who are suddenly not available until Monday. I'm feeling frustrated. How they could move the room to begin with but now they don't want to. Has anyone stayed in or near this room, is it not going to be so bad? :(

Your deck 9 cabin would have been a Fantastica experience and the cabin on deck 8 is a Bella experience. I don't see how she could have downgraded you without telling you this. The only Bella balconies on deck 9 are aft and do not have steel balconies. EM

Your deck 9 cabin would have been a Fantastica experience and the cabin on deck 8 is a Bella experience. I don't see how she could have downgraded you without telling you this. The only Bella balconies on deck 9 are aft and do not have steel balconies. EM

We had a balcony guarantee so it was an upgrade I guess to put us in the Fantastica cabin with the icky steel balcony. I was just bummed because I wanted it to be a fancy balcony. But I feel bad complaining, we got a really good deal and to cruise we normally would only be able to afford an interior. So I'm hoping the nice balcony will override all the potential noise I'm thinking will occur in the new cabin.

Approval personnel normally work reg office hours Mon -Fri. Wait till Monday to sort this out. No need to get frustrated.

I know, it just is weird they moved my room once without confirming the change with me and now a few minutes later they cannot move it.

We're cruising for our tenth anniversary. So we had a room on deck 9 (Divina) but it was one of those metal balconies. So I call my TA to see if she can change it. She was out on lunch so another agent offered to help me, and without asking if its ok she downgrades me to cabin 8110. Its an adjoining room, next to a lift, above a club. My TA calls me back and tries to help and MSC cannot switch the cabins back without supervisor approval, who are suddenly not available until Monday. I'm feeling frustrated. How they could move the room to begin with but now they don't want to. Has anyone stayed in or near this room, is it not going to be so bad? :(

Get rid of that TA.

Get rid of that TA.

Well she told me not to talk with anyone else in the agency and that the other girl should have not moved my room without confirming the new room was ok. It's free through our insurance company so I cannot really complain!

If given a choice, I would pick a reg unobstructed balcony over a metal one regardless of location or deck. Metal balcony just doesn't appeal to me.

The more I think about this I think I agree! I just pictured us sitting on the balcony relaxing and looking out at the ocean from our bed. Which wouldn't happen in the steel wall room. I'm not old by any means but I'm not into the spring break party all night scene anymore either so I don't want to be in the middle of all that. The room is on top of the jazz bar so I can't imagine it's going to be a rocking scene all night! *fingers crossed*:')

So my TA called me yesterday and said she called MSC and is waiting to hear back from a supervisor and she would call me when she got word from them. Should I just call MSC myself, I don't want to overstep but it seems weird not to have a response by now. There are plenty of cabins open to be moved into, very confusing. I just don't understand how we got moved to a different cabin in two seconds even though we didn't ask for that and now nothing.

So my TA called me yesterday and said she called MSC and is waiting to hear back from a supervisor and she would call me when she got word from them. Should I just call MSC myself, I don't want to overstep but it seems weird not to have a response by now. There are plenty of cabins open to be moved into, very confusing. I just don't understand how we got moved to a different cabin in two seconds even though we didn't ask for that and now nothing.

I would wait and let the TA deal with it. MSC are just slow to get back to TAs and they won't engage with you, anyway.

I've made 2 bookings directly with MSC today as I'm not happy with the TAs I've used for our 2 upcoming cruises - 1 reason being how slow it is to get anything sorted thru' a TA.

I would wait and let the TA deal with it. MSC are just slow to get back to TAs and they won't engage with you, anyway.

I've made 2 bookings directly with MSC today as I'm not happy with the TAs I've used for our 2 upcoming cruises - 1 reason being how slow it is to get anything sorted thru' a TA.

Ok I'll wait more patiently, haha. I've not been satisfied thus far with MSC. Mainly their website is frustrating! And now this. Oh well, we shall have fun regardless!

MSC is not gong to talk to you since you booked from TA

Ok I'll wait more patiently, haha. I've not been satisfied thus far with MSC. Mainly their website is frustrating! And now this. Oh well, we shall have fun regardless!

I agree that the MSC website is frustrating, but if you used a private TA and they switched your cabin without your consent, how would that be MSC's fault? Your TA should work this out and get you a great balcony for causing you this distress. Good luck!