Avalon Waterways Luggage

bristoch

Hey,

When Avalon says "porterage" for one bag 50 lbs or less is that an airline checked bag and "hand carried" is an airline carry on......and they don't mention the airline personal item?

In reading the documentation I thought I was down to one 50 lb bag, but then I started to connect to two different labeling systems....or so I think? Probably can survive with a carry-on and a personal item (daypack)

But hopefully someone with experience can't verify that.

Thanks!

Charles

I admit to packing more than I need, but I check 1 bag (24-25" size) and have a backpack and my purse (a shoulder bag which goes under the knapsack). I feel that you need to be able to move all your own luggage without assistance. If something comes up, you will be grateful.

Hi Bris,

In May we brought with us one (1) large (50 lb) suitcase that went into checked baggage on the airplane, two (2) carryons that went into the overhead space on the airplane, and two (2) pieces of personal luggage that went under the seats on the airplane.

All was absorbed by the boat.

Enjoy your trip.

Ira

• 2 weeks later...

Avalon was so kind to me when I did a trip on my own (without my dear baggage toting husband). No one even asked, they just picked up the big 50#case, the rolling carry on and I lifted the purse. River cruising much more flexible and personal than on big ships. Not to worry. That was embarking and disembarking .....Avalon was great!

Sent from my iPad using Forums