Good safe place to eat in Cozumel

bradsnana

This will be our 3rd trip to Cozumel, we have done Nachi Cocom twice and though about just trying a local place for lunch. Any ideas for good eats that won't have us fighting over the Immodium all the way back home?

This will be our 3rd trip to Cozumel, we have done Nachi Cocom twice and though about just trying a local place for lunch. Any ideas for good eats that won't have us fighting over the Immodium all the way back home?

Good question, we tried local many years ago and it did not work out well but let's see what others say.

When we are in Cozumel, we do day passes at the El Cid Hotel and Resort. We have always been very happy with the food there, and have never gotten ill. Leave the "party" alone for awhile, and you will have a wonderful day! (oh it is all inclusive if you want it to be)

My friend had the shrimp ceviche, I had steak fajitas, and the two hubbies had some dish, with pork, beef and chicken, rice and beans. and VERY HOT SAUCE!

When we were there last we took a Harley Davidson tour with NCL that took us to Coconuts. Guides ordered lunch for us. Place had an awesome shrimp ceviche. Neither one of us got sick.

We'll be back in Cozumel this November and are planning on finding the place, if it still exists.

I agree panchos backyard in los cinqo soles. The best salsa and chips, and iced cappucino was fab, go everytime in cozumel. Also the food at the money bar was very good and its a short taxi ride from ship. As long as you drink and eat , free sunbeds all day. We did this and then got a taxi back to los cinqo soles, bought some organic vanilla extract and had some salsa.

Wendy from scotland

• 2 weeks later...

We love Nachi too! They have the best food we have found in Cozumel. The ships will try to get you to Panchos Backyard. Although it is a nice spot on the terrace, the food wasn't great and the drinks were worse. We had better luck with the table side guacamole at Margaritaville if you can believe that. Sitting on the deck with the sun, good beers, and more guac than we could eat, we were too full to order lunch. The only other places we have eaten there were other all inclusives that we have tried, non of them held a candle to Nachi's food. Have fun in Cozumel

I second Pancho's backyard-have been to Cozumel twice and ate in 2 different branches-one downtown and one near one of the piers.

Both times delicious with great band playing.The only difference is that I was partial to the quesedillas.::

• 3 weeks later...

Another vote for Coconuts. The food is good and the view is spectacular. I also love Rasta bar. They have the best coconut shrimp, and it's on the same side of the island as coconuts. I've been to Cozumel twice and never miss either (really because they're both stops on the bar hop tour, which I love and have been on twice) I'll be back to both on my next cruise coming up in November and I can't wait.

My wife and I went to Casa Denise last time we were in Coz.

Located downtown, central square.

Safe place, reasonable prices food (lots of it) and the food was GREAT.

We went there based on the reviews found on TripAdvisor.

Highly recommend it.

• 3 weeks later...
I went to panchos the first time & nachi Cocum last time. Both were very good. We are planning mr. Sanchos this time. Any opinions on their food?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done both Nachi and Sanchos, and there was no comparison. Nachi was 1000 times better. Sanchos just has a buffet, so even if you have a server they just go to the buffet for you. Although they both had guacamole that was good, nothing else was better at Sanchos. They have cheese quesadillas, gray hamburgers, hotdogs, stuff for fajitas, and cheese sauce. Yuck. The chips were stale too. At Nachi you have a huge menu to choose from and real cheese on the nachos, we loved everything we had there, especially the fresh fish.

• 1 month later...

I visit Cozumel frequently, love diving :)...

Highly recommend Money Bar, it's where all the local ex pats go..

Also, great views and minimal tourists.. Check out Blue Angel resort! It's a real gem

And finally I have to recommend Hotel B, it has day passes for cruisers.. I've spent many days there, it's my favorite area in Coz, I've stayed at condo a few doors down! It's more relaxed than the other resorts where you can do day pass and the food is good. Anywhere the ex pats go.. Is usually a good sign 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went to Mr. Sanchos last Nov and plan to go again this Nov. Booked the all inclusive side........ not true that only buffet......... had the most amazing coconut shrimp, seafood seviche, shrimp cocktail, my son had whole fried fish which he loved.......... there is a buffet but they have a menu you can order off of as well............

Nachi com have not been too so cannot compare, but we loved mr. sanchos.

• 2 weeks later...

We have eaten at Palmeras Restaurant & bar every time we have visited Cozumel. Never a food quality or safety issue. It is a short cab ride to downtown central Cozumel. Restaurant is right on Main Street and faces waterfront, and as sitting in restaurant the ferry pier is just off to the right.

Amazing guacamole made fresh from trees growing right in restaurant we were told. Also great flan. Restaurant serving over 35 years. Wide variety Mexican/American - nice ambience, especially if get a table by street - open windows & watch world go by- cruisers, horse drawn carriages, ferry coming in and view if waterfront.

https://www.facebook.com/PalmerasCozumel/info?ref=page_internal