Anyone blogging on an upcoming world cruise

LawDog61

I am blogging the WC on the Crystal Serenity: http://pacrimtrip.blogspot.com

Thank for taking the time out of your cruise to blog!Will definitely follow:) Enjoy your WC and don't forget about us who will patiently wait for your blog posts.

As for us.. One day...hopefully... on WC... :)

Edited by Aldeya

My wife and I will also be blogging from onboard Crystal Serenity for the Grand Pacific Panorama "World Cruise." We'll be boarding in San Francisco on January 24 and remain until May 6 upon return to San Francisco.

Here's the blog site that we just started today --

http://www.worldcruise2016-jimandginny.blogspot.com/

We will be fairly quiet on the blog site until we actually leave home on Jan 22 heading west to SFO. If you go to our site and fill in your email address in the box marked “Follow by Email” the site will automatically send you a message when we’ve added a post to the blog.

Jim & Ginny

I will be on the world cruise this year on the Queen Mary 2 Not sure if I will blog. I would like to but not sure where to do it

Your best bet is a blogging platform such as blogger or word press; you can search the web to find them. Setting up a blog is quite easy; dedicating the time to write is where things can get complicated ;-) I've been blogging for several years now, and am booked on the 2017 Oceania World Cruise, but not sure if I will be able to commit to blogging about it as I always find myself wanting to experience and live the moment. As it is I am still trying to write about our trip to Rome, and that was in September ;-)

If you are a windows user and decide to blog, I highly recommend you use Open Live Writer, a free offline blog editor that was once Microsoft Live Writer -- just search for Open Live Writer. The advantage of using something like OLW is that you can write without having to go online, and when you have internet, you can simply click the post button to upload what you've previously written.

An alternative is to start a "live from" thread here on CruiseCritic on the Cunard Board. The best way to do this is to write offline in a word processor and then copy and paste the content into your CruiseCritic thread when you have access to the internet.

Good luck and have fun.

• 10 months later...
Super excited!!! :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

What is the address of your blog?

If you have not done so, check out your roll call. It is a great way to get to know some of your fellow cruisers. Here is a link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2205832

Enjoy your World cruise and prepare to get hooked on them!

Edited by Scrapnana

• 1 month later...
We leave 6 January to go Around the World.

I am so glad that you decided to go public! I just spent the last hour reading all of your blog posts for your RTW adventure. My first blog was on my first world voyage and I felt much like you - do I want to commit to doing this for an extended period of time with iffy internet connections? After the first few days (and sorting out my picture posting issues), I was hooked and now really miss not blogging when I get home.

I have signed up for e-mail reminders so I can follow along.

Have a wonderful time but be warned - world cruises are addictive!

I probably will never do a W.C. But love following along. Any links? Thanks and have a great W.C.

if you are interested in a cunard blog, I am doing another one of backwards and forwards across the Pacific on the Queen Victoria in 2017.

http://butarewethereyet.blogspot.co.nz

never say never, a world cruise is truly a life pinnacle to always cherish...

What is your blog address?

Cyndi

It's not a blog per se ... but a live thread on the Holland America forum on Cruise Critic ... sorry, don't have the post link handy, but you can find it in that forum. Bill and Mary Ann are also posting a thread of their own on the same HAL forum.